Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Im not losing. Urghhhh!

I am not losing the way I think I should be. I read so many of you losing big hunks of weight by this time (I'm 5 weeks out) and I have stalled for 3 weeks already. I'm discouraged and disappointed and feeling defeated. I know I am doing everything right. I've joined a gym and I'm walking several miles a few times a week. I am trying to drink enough Water and get all my Protein in. I have been known to throw up part of my meal from time to time. But overall I'm consuming about 600-800 calories a day. Constipation has been bad for me but I think it's bad for everyone. My SW was 227 and CW is 203 I have lost 24 lbs. am I crazy? Is there something I can do to jolt this stall? My husband says I'm being silly and looking at the glass half empty. I feel frustrated. Help!!!

I'm 4 weeks out, I've lost 25 lbs and I am totally delighted by it. My SW was 225 and CW is 205 so 20lbs since surgery. I have a lot more to go but I've NEVER Lost this much before. Don't be hard on yourself. It's good.

Well I've lost 15 pounds since surgery 8/6...and my weight stayed the same for 5 days in a row.....and now its happpened again.....but this time its been 7 days.....and counting.......and doing everything I m spoda.....but not gonna let me down......fit comfortably in a booth 2day..first restaurant meal post opp......and going kayaking 2morrow....take care everyone...

I was sleeved on the same day and I've lost about the same amount...I don't think it's bad as I've never lost 15 pounds in 2 weeks ever.

i keep telling my self that and ibknow its all a process but its soo much harder than expected i know its all im my head but i feel like this is not gonna work for me .. idk im trying but getting in fluids and Protein are a killer for me.so i dnt get how im.not losing faster uuugh im just frustrated ...mabe im just hungry...:(

I'm going through the same thing I feel like a failure so I'm not weighting my self any more I'm just doing the right thing by following my diet and exercise and just give it some time and see what happens that all we can do it a long journey so we have to be patient and give our bodies time to adjust to the small pouch.

I'm feeling the same way. At 2 weeks out I hit a stall and had only lost 12 pounds when I went to the Dr. He said when he saw me at 6 weeks he wanted me to have lost between 25-30 pounds. Well, Monday I'll be 6 weeks and I've only lost 17 pounds. I'm drinking all my Water, trying to get in all my Protein, I've started using an elliptical (at this point I can only do 5 minute intervals but I'm on it for 15 minutes a day). I teach life skills for 3rd-5th grade so this last week I've also been on my feet and moving quite a bit. I'm feeling very discouraged and worried that I'm not going to be successful. Lately, I've been stalled out at 17pounds for almost 2 weeks now. :/

Doctors sure are different - mine has never set a goal for me, either and ending goal or by weeks. Until I was 8 weeks out, in fact, he didn't care what I had lost...only wanted to make sure I was healing properly and getting my fluids/protein down.

Relax everyone - the weight DOES come off. Heal, take care of yourself and follow the plan. It WILL work.

I lost 27 lbs my first two weeks and then stalled for a week and a half. I felt the same way. I thought I was doing something wrong. I just stuck with it, keeping my calories around 700 per day, and suddenly I've lost 6 lbs in the past couple of days. For me, adding some additional carbs did it.

I am not losing the way I think I should be. I read so many of you losing big hunks of weight by this time (I'm 5 weeks out) and I have stalled for 3 weeks already. I'm discouraged and disappointed and feeling defeated. I know I am doing everything right. I've joined a gym and I'm walking several miles a few times a week. I am trying to drink enough Water and get all my Protein in. I have been known to throw up part of my meal from time to time. But overall I'm consuming about 600-800 calories a day. Constipation has been bad for me but I think it's bad for everyone. My SW was 227 and CW is 203 I have lost 24 lbs. am I crazy? Is there something I can do to jolt this stall? My husband says I'm being silly and looking at the glass half empty. I feel frustrated. Help!!!

Hi. I have the same situation. Lost 20 pound the first two weeks and then a stall and have lost about 2-3 pounds since. I am a month out. I hope it picks back up!!

I had surgery 8/5 and today marks 4 weeks out. I have only lost 3 pounds in the past 2 weeks. I am averaging 600-800 calories a day but also seem to have plateaued. I'm hoping that when I go back to work tomorrow and get back on a regimen maybe this will help move things in the right direction.

I think most of us who are posting here appear to have hit our 3-4 week stalls. I too haven't lost anything in the last week and in the last 15 days, have only lost 5 lbs. my husband who was sleeved at the same time has lost way more than me, but he too is stalled right now. It's normal and we just have to be patient.

Easier said than done, right??