Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So I have a few bariatric support groups I'm a part of and there is one on Facebook my mother in law joined... Every time I post something she has to post as well.. Either negating what I say or something to put me down because she is down more weight than I am in less time.. She had RNY and I had the sleeve.. I'm just so irritated that she feels she has to be better than me or say hurtful things for no reason.. Just had to vent. There isn't much I can do. I did remove myself from the group now..

How hateful. Good thing you took yourself out of the group.

That is really unfortunate!

Rest assured that the others in that group have witnessed how petty and childish she is.

It is sad she feels it's a competition, and that's she is so insecure. You can find plenty of support elsewhere!

That sucks! I think you can block her from seeing your posts without unfriending her though (and causing more trouble)... so maybe you can start posting in peace. Google it.

Sorry you are having to put up with it. But if you really look she has probably been like his since you met her. You have her boy and she sees you as some type of competition. You did it the better way. You will loose the wight and not gain it back! She maybe has a fear that this can and will happen. Pity her and join a group under a assumed name!

It is terrible how we feel like we have to make each other feel bad. We are all struggling and it's about support not putting people down! Good luck and hopefully you will find some relief from her comments!

That sucks! I think you can block her from seeing your posts without unfriending her though (and causing more trouble)... so maybe you can start posting in peace. Google it.

I would love to do that. She does not know about this app and I'd like to keep it that way! Lol

Sorry you are having to put up with it. But if you really look she has probably been like his since you met her. You have her boy and she sees you as some type of competition. You did it the better way. You will loose the wight and not gain it back! She maybe has a fear that this can and will happen. Pity her and join a group under a assumed name!

That is the truth.. Unfortunately last summer during a cook out she drank a little too much and proceeded to tell everyone how much she hated me when she met me because I took her son her best friend her baby boy from her.. I was mortified.. I had, at that point had been looking into having the sleeve.. The minute I had it done.. I mean minute.. She was on the phone with my surgeon and literally was on them so bad she was approved with in days.. She literally completed the process that took me 3 months in 2 weeks.. She is down more than I am but I'm not upset about that. I would like a smaller number but I'm happy thus far with the results .. She just makes these digs.. Really irritated by her actions

She can dig all she wants. I believe in Karma and she will get hers. I like that ur focusing on itself.

Keep it up. :P

Try to sit her down face to face as an adult and tell her how her actions make you feel. Then the ball is in her court. If she does not try to rectify her actions in some way then you know she must truly hate you. But she is still your relative and you must try to kill her with kindness until she eventually catches on. Best of luck. It is always so much better when you get along.

if it makes you feel any better (you dont have to admit it) my mother in law had gastric bypass about 6 years ago and has regained all of her weight. she and i have a love hate relationship so i havent told her about my surgery. she has lots of opinions i usually prefer not to hear. no reason to add another subject i dont want to hear about.

if it makes you feel any better (you dont have to admit it) my mother in law had gastric bypass about 6 years ago and has regained all of her weight. she and i have a love hate relationship so i havent told her about my surgery. she has lots of opinions i usually prefer not to hear. no reason to add another subject i dont want to hear about.

It kind of does.. Lol it's not that I want to see her fail.. Just knock her off her pedestal .. Lol

I feel for u! My mother in law is a total witch to me too! I feel so bad for u! Find a new group she doesn't know about. Quit talking to her when she calls only talk to her about the weather. Don't give her any ammo to use against u. Cut her outta ur life. That's what I did and I am much happier. Good luck to u and ur weight loss.

Her son needs to check her disrespectful ass. .no one has the right to belittle. .u...and on a regular n in front of people. .stay away from her

Her son needs to check her disrespectful ass. .no one has the right to belittle. .u...and on a regular n in front of people. .stay away from her

Can I love this!! Lol