Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Has anyone on here HAD LAPBAND than had it removed and got the Gastric Sleeve?

I have had a LAPBAND since 2007 with only 60lbs weight loss. Now i'm going to have it removed on oct 9th. After new healthy tissue grows in Jan I will have the Gastric Sleeve done. I hope I will do better with this surgery and get move weight off. I'm 60yrs of age and suffer with metal in my back and a lot of arthritis. Has anyone on here tried two different surg and had more weight loss with one than the other? thanks for any help you can give in this matter..

JewelJ

Yup...my band was in 3/2007 also. Lost 60 lb initially, gained 30 back. Sleeved in May and now I am past my lowest with the band. LOVE the decision to go sleeve. Good luck.

Thanks so much slikchik10 I just got on the forum for Band/sleeve and posted there. That is so Great their is so many here that did it. Makes me feel so much better about it.

Thanks laura-ven I went over and checked it out. Thanks so much for the Link...makes me feel so much better.

JewelJ

I feel the like the band is evil and the sleeve is the good fairy - ha! Life is a million times better with the sleeve than what I went through for 3 yrs with the band. I was never able to lose all my weight with it and was miserable with food constantly getting stuck and having to run to the bathroom to spit it up. I got to goal very quickly with the sleeve, have had it for 3.5 yrs, and am happy and healthy. You won't regret it for a minute.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

I changed my profile image to a molecule of protein. Why? Because I am certain that it saved my life.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • eclarke

Two years out. Lost 120 , regained 5 lbs. Recently has a bout of Norovirus, lost 7 pounds in two days. Now my stomach feels like it did right after my surgery. Sore, sensitive to even water.  Anyone out there have a similar experience?
      · 0 replies
    • Eve411

April Surgery
      Am I the only struggling to get weight down. I started with weight of 297 and now im 280 but seem to not lose more weight. My nutrtionist told me not to worry about the pounds because I might still be losing inches. However, I do not really see much of a difference is this happen to any of you, if so any tips?
      Thanks
      · 0 replies
    • Clueless_girl

Well recovering from gallbladder removal was a lot like recovering from the modified duodenal switch surgery, twice in 4 months yay 🥳😭. I'm having to battle cravings for everything i shouldn't have, on top of trying to figure out what happens after i eat something. Sigh, let me fast forward a couple of months when everyday isn't a constant battle and i can function like a normal person again! 😞
      · 0 replies
    • KeeWee

It's been 10 long years! Here is my VSG weight loss surgiversary update..
      https://www.ae1bmerchme.com/post/10-year-surgiversary-update-for-2024 
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches