Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Weight has slightly creeped up, whats up?

Some of those coffee drinks can have 600 to 800 cals. I would try chike, click, or fit frappe brand Protein. They all have a Cappuccino or latte flavor protein. Pretty yummy!!! Can be mixed cold or iced. And they have the protein you need.

I started drinking this delicious iced Protein coffee I make at home: 8 oz cold coffee (I let a cup sit and get cold from the pot my husband makes in the morning), 4 ounces of skim milk, and 1 scoop of pure protein frosty chocolate powder. I mix it up and pour it over ice and drink it for my Breakfast all morning. I guess I could whirl it around in my vitamix blender if I felt like something "frappe-y". But I've really liked it just over ice, and I NEVER liked cold coffee drinks before. Give it a try!!! It's like 180 cals and also most 30 G protein!

Doing a basic Basal Metabolic Rest calculation, I should burn at LEAST 2.5k calories. If I take in at most 1.2k calories, that means I burn 1300 calories a day, 7 days a week, that is 2.6 pounds a week. Mathematicaly, .........that doesnt make any sense when I have GAINED in the past week.

I will have to ask or find something different. Maybe I should replace my frapp with a latte or something like that. Its not so much the drink, its the sweet tooth and that homey atmosphere of the coffee shop I like.

Daydra, what is this 3 week stall thing that you are talking about? Sugar has never been a problem and I always thought calories are calories. Obviously Protein is better, they spammed that in my head enough, but.....what? I have been having Greek Yogurt by Yoplait pretty much every day. I live on that stuff. I havent been working out as much, but I have been active. I have been moving around. Im not sedentary.

What worries me though is that my body just got used to the sugary drinks and all that, the amount of food. Instead of feeling pain, I wouldnt feel much at all. Instead of having diarrhea after the frappe, I would just be a little uncomfortable, but not much...

I just never thought I would have these problems again..................and this has been an addictive thing, checking the scale. My new clothes are fitting, and Im feeling good, but its invalidated when I check the scale.< /p>

I was thinking about an iced coffee today..so I made one at home. Decaf coffee...little artificial sweetener..and milk...and ice. I was in heaven..no harm done..and got a little protein! Google low carb frappe...bet u can make it at home!

I was thinking about an iced coffee today..so I made one at home. Decaf coffee...little artificial sweetener..and milk...and ice. I was in heaven..no harm done..and got a little protein! Google low carb frappe...bet u can make it at home!

You can use ur Protein (chocolate or vanilla ) add instant coffee, a Lil milk, ice, your favorite SF Syrup and blend.

The 3 week stall.....If you just had surgery and your weight loss has already stalled, read THIS

I lifted this link from Butterthebean's signature (thanks for the lend!) If the link doesn't work, look for one of his posts and it's there.

I think you're right on the BMR calc. That lines up pretty close to where I'm usually at, and I wear a Bodymedia Fit, so I know how many calories I've burned each day. I don't believe that you have been on a very low calorie diet long enough to have had any major effect on your metabolism, though, our bodies do learn to do the work we ask it to do as efficiently as possible (with the least calorie expenditure). This is one of my biggest fears. I don't want to get down to goal weight and be forced into a 900 cal/day diet for the rest of my life to prevent gain. I want to be able to be healthy, train, and race, and not being a small girl, that's gonna take calories to provide the kind of energy I will need.

All that being said, sometimes the math takes a hiatus and doesn't line up for periods of time. I've been running an average of 1800cal daily deficit and over the last 10 days, I've only lost about 2 pounds, but according to the math, it should have been more like 5. We're going to have periods of time that are like that, but an 8 pound gain? I don't know, but that sounds like there's something else going on. I've never had a problem with sugar either, but most, if not all, of the surgeons recommend eliminating, or severely limiting sugar. I don't intend to go so far as to eliminate it, but I will reduce it significantly. I have to be honest, though. I haven't done a ton of research as to exactly what it does to the body, other than the effects on blood sugar, which can in turn create cravings. The good news about cutting sugar, though, is that many people will go through a short withdrawal phase, and then the cravings disappear, so it's a habit that is *relatively* easy to kick. Also, some people have allergies to sugar. Our bodies response to it might not be noticeable when we are heavy, but might be after surgery and we are trying to squeeze every pound of loss that we can.

Yeah, all calories are not equivalent when you consider the different effects the macronutrients play in nutrition, and about a zillion other variables that are only partially understood so far. They're really only all the same if you look at it from a purely physical standpoint and not a biological one. One Calorie provides the energy released from food that is equivalent to the energy required to increase the temperature of 1 kilogram of Water by 1 degree at 1 atmosphere of pressure. Doesn't really tell you a lot about how it interacts with the body...

Yikes... going too far again...

I think the most important thing for you to figure out is exactly what's causing you to gravitate toward selecting the sugary drinks instead of what you know to be healthier options. If you can address that part of the equation, you've got half the battle licked right there.

Good luck! Keep working toward the goal!

What worries me though is that my body just got used to the sugary drinks and all that, the amount of food. Instead of feeling pain, I wouldnt feel much at all. Instead of having diarrhea after the frappe, I would just be a little uncomfortable, but not much...

I just never thought I would have these problems again..................and this has been an addictive thing, checking the scale. My new clothes are fitting, and Im feeling good, but its invalidated when I check the scale.< /p>

My neighbor had to go back to the NUT and the Psychologist several times before she finally understood, she had a food addiction and a killer sweet tooth that she had to conquer. As she stated: Both told her, the Sleeve and all WLS is just a tool, she must also be faithful and do her part for it to work properly..

She said, she finally realizes that she has an addiction like any other and must work to fight against it. She thought the WLS was going to end it all but it didn't it. Now she's back on track and losing. She also found out that she loved swimming and added that as her work out routine.

I really wish you luck in your journey. I hope you figure out your way in this new way of living. Just thought, I'd share someone else experience in hopes that it would help.

Peace and Love

All calories are not equal. In obese people, calories in and out do not equal weight loss I should look like twiggy if that were true and most of us would eat a lot more than 800 when sleeved and still lose weight. If you have gained and lost weight before, you have irrevocably changed your metabolism, and can now get fat on a lot less than a naturally thin person.

Sugar converts to fat easily. Sugar triggers a glycemic response and if you are insulin resistant, it also causes other havoc, primary of which is ushering fat I to your cells rapidly.

Protein on the other hand is thermogenic. You burn calories to digest Protein.

We will all approach this different ways. One way to approach it is to accept that our old logic, and old ways were not working. That we were powerless over our addiction and/or our body chemistry. That the sleeve comes with a clear-cut eating plan like the one a couple of us outlined.

And that perhaps we have nothing but excess weight to lose if we follow the plan that has worked for others--even though parts of it are substituable, at least based on our lay perspective on nutrition.

I feel that the number of calories is not going to be the same for everyone, that being said, I personally tried to stay as low as I could while getting my required Protein and feeling satisfied. drinks like frappe's are empty calories and worse yet the high number of carbs would also be adding to the problem. Good Luck.

To those of you having issues with body aches, consider your potassium levels, low potassium can cause body aches, palpitations, b/P problems and cramps. those of us following the low carb style diets, don't always realize we are not getting much potassium because some of the most common sources are potatoes.

I have body aches.. Is this happening to somebody else?????' date=' down almost 40 pounds in two months but the body aches are etting worse[/quote']

My legs hurt, it's bone pain, in the shins specifically, I put a heating pad and it soothes the pain. I have sickle cell and bone pain is a symptom but never had it pre-op like that.