Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hillary Clinton, First Woman President of the US. Would you vote for her?

Mousecrazy: Lynn Cheney? Really? What do you like about her? What do you think qualifies her for president? Did you like the idea of Elizabeth Dole? Do you really think she was/is qualified?

I do like Lynn Cheney, and while she has business experience, has written some good history books, is eloquent, has been the Chairman of the National Endowment of the Arts, and co-hosted Crossfire...I am not sure she has the qualifications for President. I wasn't sure of Elizabeth Dole, either, but I would take a second look.

I don't know that Condaleeza is interested, either...I always thought she wanted to own an NFL team. However, she does have the qualifications.

Heathergurl: No, I didn't mean would you vote for Lara Bush over Hillary Clinton. I just meant if you could think of a woman that you would like to see as President, who is it?

That you would vote for Lara Bush over Hillary Clinton only tells me that you are probably a Republican. It doesn't tell me if you really would support a woman for president if you sincerely had to make a choice.

If 2 women were running for president, I would choose the Republican, hands down.

I can not think of a woman that would be qualified to be president at the moment. I have to admit that I am not much into politics. I just know that most of my beliefs and morals coincide with Republicans.

I honestly don't know if there is a woman or man interested in running right now that I would vote for. I haven't been keeping up too terribly much.

I hear you Heathergurl. It's a little early yet, really.

Yesterday I heard that Hillary announced that she is definitely a candidate and that she plans to win. I wish her voice weren't so strident.

I want to like her because I am a Demo, but I think I may have the same problem that a lot of other women have with women in politics and business, and that is women can become very harsh, in the process of having to battle their way to the top. I used to work for a woman who was more like a man than a woman. She used worse language than any men I'd ever worked with.

One appealing thing about Nancy Pelosi is that she is so soft-spoken.

Hillary is as qualified as most anyone, men or women. She has done a lot to support women in the world. She's participated all around the world in causes for women. She has been in the White House, knows how it runs, how to get things done, what not to do (!!!), and has Senate experience as well as experience at the Governor level. She's been a Republican and a Democrat. Which is a good thing, I guess? She leans a little more to the Republican side than most Democrats would like, but if that makes her moderate, I'm in favor of it.

I just wish I liked her personality more. With all that she's been through, both with Bill and their detractors, she pretty dang tough.

I think one reason Obama is so appealing to people right now is because he is so soft-spoken and low key. After having so many harsh things happening to us in the U.S., we could use someone who seems a little less aggressive. Anyone agree or disagree?

Would I vote for a women president...absolutely.

Would I vote for Hilary Clinton. No.

My preference is conservative. She is too liberal for me.

Plus...ok, I admit it...I just don't like her.

I personally would vote for a woman, but don't think america's ready for a woman president. There is too much closed mindedness in the country still & I personally think that if the dems want the whitehouse back, (and I hope they get it back soon) Hillary's not the way to do it. Too many people don't like her. As for myself, I really don't know....

BJ

I wish her voice weren't so strident.

I want to like her because I am a Demo, but I think I may have the same problem that a lot of other women have with women in politics and business,

BJ, she doesn't come across to me as strident, but rather as a person that is confident, knows what she is talking about and is capable to handle the job. Of all the candidates I don't believe there are any as qualified than she is. She also is an excellent public speaker.

Think Hillary gets a bad rap because people may not actually know her, but have listened to some crap that rolls out of her detractors mouths, ie Rush and his ilk. Even if it is unbelievable some of it still sticks. Have never been able to figure out why some say they "hate her" without even knowing the woman. What did she ever do to deserve those kind of feelings

She won the senate seat again with even larger numbers, so New Yorkers must believe she is doing something right. She and Bill also raised a fine daughter to be proud of.

Gender is not a factor in my vote, will vote for who I think is best able to lead this country, male or female. We need a leader with guts and spine to govern and tell it like it is - we don't need anymore spinmeister fairy tales.

If being soft spoken is ones' nature, fine, the physical nature of voices are mostly what we were born with shaped by genetic factors.

I like Nancy and Obama too. But I would not vote for Obama at this time because he simply doesn't have the experience Hillary has. What would be the "Dream" ticket would be Clinton-Obama. In 8 years he would have gained the experience to become President.

Just my 2 cents.

Mary

I think a reason that many people don't like Hillary is that they think that women should always be quiet and graceful and blend into the background, like Laura Bush. They don't like strong women that are vocal about their beliefs. I have heard a lot of people say that she is too "mannish" for them. I personally don't understand what's "mannish" about standing up for what you believe.

To be honest, I don't know that I would vote for Hillary if I had to choose between her and some of the other Democrats that would possibly run against her. If I had to choose between Obama and Hillary, I think I would choose Hillary, just because Obama hasn't quite gotten enough experience yet. If I had to choose between Hillary and Senator Joseph Biden, Biden would win. But if she wins the Democratic ticket, I will vote for her. Better Hillary than a Republican, I say.

I'd definitely vote for a qualified woman. Hillary -- no way. I suppose she could make Bill her running mate and he could be president in charge of vice.

My Daddy said (this was 5 years ago before he died) that the first black man and the first woman that became president would be shot. That the stupid white folks in the world would not have it, and some redneck hick would get them. Now, you know, he was a stupid redneck hick so he might know what he was talking about. So, if a woman runs, or a black person runs, they better be bullet proof. Not saying it is morally right, but there are alot of stupid people in the world.

I do believe Hillary had more influence in Bills presidency than people give her credit for, so she does have some "experience". I am not saying I would vote for HER, but that does say something. I just hope the Dems do get the presidency back, because we are going on the down hill slide with Bush.

As for my opinion on women running. Hell, 200+ years with men in charge just got us in debt, in wars, and more trouble than we need. Let a woman come in a fix the mess the men got us into. That is OUR job anyway, right?

As for a black person running, I think that person would win (especially Colin Powell). If history shows us anything, we will have a minority president before we have a female president. Just look at when they gave women the right to vote. They held minorities in low esteem back then, and still gave the minority men the right to vote before white/minority women.

I think if Hillary would settle as VP she might have a chance. But, I don't think she would settle for that.

Oh well, guess we all have our opinions!!!

they think that women should always be quiet and graceful and blend into the background, like Laura Bush. They don't like strong women that are vocal about their beliefs. "

This is not the time for simpering southern belles batting their eyes. We need smarts and courage!! Someone that knows how to govern and how things get accomplished.

I have never seen anything "mannish" about her, she is an attractive , nicely groomed and dressed woman.:embarassed: Is Margaret Thatcher or Golda Meir mannish? They got their positions because of brains and intelligence. It is long past due for the US to have a female President, especially when they are better qualified than the other candidates.

Go Hillary Go!!!!!!

This is not the time for simpering southern belles batting their eyes. We need smarts and courage!! Someone that knows how to govern and how things get accomplished.

I have never seen anything "mannish" about her, she is an attractive , nicely groomed and dressed woman.:embarassed: Is Margaret Thatcher or Golda Meir mannish? They got their positions because of brains and intelligence. It is long past due for the US to have a female President, especially when they are better qualified than the other candidates.

Exactly. Unfortunately, many of the people calling Hilary "mannish" are women.