Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just made goal at 7 months

Surgery date 1/21/13 starting at 299 Cw at 185 my goal weight at 7 months 114 pound lost .. Now that I'm here and looking great I think imma go for another 10 pounds I really want to try 20 to be at normal bmi but I'm afraid imma be too small but I just wanna so to the new sleevers hold on you'll get there

post-23216-13813669087786_thumb.jpg

post-23216-13813669088745_thumb.jpg

You look fantastic. Go for whatever goal makes you comfortable.

Congrats

Nice job. You look terrific and I know you must feel the same.

On your READ THIS...you put ALL that in one shake? I already put a lot of Kale in mine, love the taste, and what do the chia seeds do? It actually sounds good. Is spirulina ok to have, I noticed it has a lot of sugar, I'm so used to reading about sugars, being diabetic...does it taste really sweet? I'm very sensitive to sweet right now!

Congrats! You do look great! Love the look of that lacy white top and black skirt, btw...thinking you have a new problem now...having people stare at you because you're so darn cute. :-)

Looking great, congrats! Honestly? The way you look will likely change a bit over the next year, even if you maintain a very similar weight. Between one and two years post op my body shifted tremendously. Over the period of a few months where I lost only a few pounds, I also lost a pant size and needed an entirely new wardrobe. My loose skin tightened up and my fat redistributed back on my hips, behind and boobs. This was a tremendously welcome change, I promise!

I do say aim for the normal BMI weight if you can do it and still be happy. It's much easier (than you'd like, even) to regain a few pounds if you look sickly. But losing while you're still in that loss phase is going to be easier for you than trying to shift out of maintenance to do it in a few months.

I chose my goal as the top end of the normal BMI. Deep down? Oh, I'd love to be ten pounds smaller. But quite frankly, I've been able to maintain this weight almost effortlessly in the past and now that I'm back here again I have no desire to fight for more. If it comes off, I'll take it. But I'm not beating myself up or letting my idea of success hinge on that number on the scale or chart.

Take it as far as you can if you need it for you or if you need to prove it to the doctors. That was my motivation. I was tired of getting "that lecture" every time I went in for any kind of appointment.

But that doesn't end - I got that same lecture last time I went in and I was only a few pounds overweight and had a baby four months earlier! So you know what? Do what you want.

Your figure right now is definitely going to shift around a bit, though, so if that's what's holding you back you can't count on what you're seeing in the mirror now. It changes!

~Cheri

ebonisekim, YOU LOOK AWESOME! I looked at your before and after pics and you and I have a similar shape. Just want to say congratulation, you inspire me!

On your READ THIS...you put ALL that in one shake? I already put a lot of Kale in mine, love the taste, and what do the chia seeds do? It actually sounds good. Is spirulina ok to have, I noticed it has a lot of sugar, I'm so used to reading about sugars, being diabetic...does it taste really sweet? I'm very sensitive to sweet right now!

It makes at least 4-5 servings for me...12 oz servings. The spirulina I buy is in powdered form...it's just a Protein...a very green Protein that will totally stain your clothes (don't ask me how I know). The chia seeds are great for giving it a little heft and texture, and they help with regularity issues. And the fruit does give it a bit of sugar....but you can adjust the amount of fruit up or down to change that. It does not taste sweet at all, but more fruit might make it taste sweet.

Okay...end of thread jack.

Surgery date 1/21/13 starting at 299 Cw at 185 my goal weight at 7 months 114 pound lost .. Now that I'm here and looking great I think imma go for another 10 pounds I really want to try 20 to be at normal bmi but I'm afraid imma be too small but I just wanna so to the new sleevers hold on you'll get there

What program did you use for your pictures to be sideby side? You look GREAT