Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So many people here have skinny faces!

Has anyone but me noticed that profile faces don't match the weight of the poster? I have a fat face. Always been. It went down a little when I lost over 100 lbs, but not much.

You lucky dogs! Guess I take after my dad. he didn't have a weight problem but had a fat face!

I'm right there with you. Guess we need to practice with the camera. Haha

I call them "my fat girl camera tricks" lol! This double chin is slowly going away but not nearly as fast as I'd like it to even with 105 pounds gone!

Girl whatcha talking about? Do you know how many pictures I took till I came up with this one?

Lighting and angles! We are just better with the camera that's all :D

And quite an impressive picture it is Laura!!! ;)

I guess I can't complain, my face is just naturally slimmer. However, by the time I get to my goal weight, people will be telling me I've lost too much. I am a pear, I carry my weight in my lower half. So by the time I reach my goal to be the size I want to be in pants, my face is going to look very gaunt. I've been thinking about how I will respond when people say I've lost too much, I think I'll just turn around, bend over and say " tell it to my ass"!

marfar 7, I have noticed the same thing! I have been thinking that they have to be new pictures after wt loss or pictures before the weight gain. That's so funny, I have been wondering how so many "thin" people are having this surgery...........

vertical sleeve talk has really opened my eyes to how many people are having this surgery done EVERY DAY! This is more profitable for the surgeons than even plastic surgery! Hugh industry!

I always lose weight in my face first. In fact, the last few years when I lost weight I was always so shocked at how old and saggy my face and neck became, I swear that's why I gained the weight back.

So it's face, then boobs, then legs/hips, then back. The stomach never goes anywhere. Maybe this time it will go too.

I always lose weight in my face first. In fact' date=' the last few years when I lost weight I was always so shocked at how old and saggy my face and neck became, I swear that's why I gained the weight back.

So it's face, then boobs, then legs/hips, then back. The stomach never goes anywhere. Maybe this time it will go too.[/quote']

This is the thing with women right? The weight comes off from head to to hips so your boobs flatten our first. But when it's time to put it back on, it starts from hips to boobs so the boobs are the last thing to fill out. Unfair! :P

Facial size is not indicative of ones overall body size, that's for sure. I've seen many larger women with such thin faces that if i saw just a headshot, I would never imagine them to be overweight. I'm actually envious, lol.

I think, no matter how much weight I lose, I will always have a full face. Time will tell! :)

Marfar, I have often thought the same thing.....was wondering if I was the only one thinking it LOL And for those of us with a round face, it just keeps getting rounder with weight gain LOL

Lol! Not me... I have a nice round face even at 120 pounds!

This is the thing with women right? The weight comes off from head to to hips so your boobs flatten our first. But when it's time to put it back on, it starts from hips to boobs so the boobs are the last thing to fill out. Unfair! :P

My weight comes off my butt and legs first. I look like a marshmallow being held up by 2 toothpicks!

I'm another one who evidently loses from the top down! I'm 7 weeks out and have noticed my neck getting wrinkly and saggy already! And when I went for my 6-week visit with the physical fitness person, she took measurements. I was very pleased to have lost 5 inches each from my waist and tummy area--until she told me I had lost 10 inches from the bust!! I sure hope that doesn't continue to be my pattern!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Eve411

April Surgery
      Am I the only struggling to get weight down. I started with weight of 297 and now im 280 but seem to not lose more weight. My nutrtionist told me not to worry about the pounds because I might still be losing inches. However, I do not really see much of a difference is this happen to any of you, if so any tips?
      Thanks
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Clueless_girl

Well recovering from gallbladder removal was a lot like recovering from the modified duodenal switch surgery, twice in 4 months yay 🥳😭. I'm having to battle cravings for everything i shouldn't have, on top of trying to figure out what happens after i eat something. Sigh, let me fast forward a couple of months when everyday isn't a constant battle and i can function like a normal person again! 😞
      · 0 replies
    • KeeWee

It's been 10 long years! Here is my VSG weight loss surgiversary update..
      https://www.ae1bmerchme.com/post/10-year-surgiversary-update-for-2024 
      · 0 replies
    • Aunty Mamo

Iʻm roughly 6 weeks post-op this morning and have begun to feel like a normal human, with a normal human body again. I started introducing solid foods and pill forms of medications/supplements a couple of weeks ago and it's really amazing to eat meals with my family again, despite the fact that my portions are so much smaller than theirs. 
      I live on the island of Oʻahu and spend a lot of time in the water- for exercise, for play,  and for spiritual & mental health. The day I had my month out appointment with my surgeon, I packed all my gear in my truck, anticipating his permission to get back in the ocean. The minute I walked out of that hospital I drove straight to the shore and got in that water. Hallelujah! My appointment was at 10 am. I didn't get home until after 5 pm. 
      I'm down 31 pounds since the day of surgery and 47 since my pre-op diet began, with that typical week long stall occurring at three weeks. I'm really starting to see some changes lately- some of my clothing is too big, some fits again. The most drastic changes I notice however are in my face. I've also noticed my endurance and flexibility increasing. I was really starting to be held up physically, and I'm so grateful that I'm seeing that turn around in such short order. 
      My general disposition lately is hopeful and motivated. The only thing that bugs me on a daily basis still is the way those supplements make my house smell. So stink! But I just bought a smell proof bag online that other people use to put their pot in. My house doesn't stink anymore. 

· 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

Oh yeah, something I wanted to rant about, a billing dispute that cropped up 3 months ago.
      Surgery was in August of 2023. A bill shows up for over $7,000 in January. WTF? I asks myself. I know that I jumped through all of the insurance hoops and verified this and triple checked that, as did the surgeon's office. All was set, and I paid all of the known costs before surgery.
      A looong story short, is that an assistant surgeon that was in the process of accepting money from my insurance company touched me while I was under anesthesia. That is what the bill was for. But hey, guess what? Some federal legislation was enacted last year to help patients out when they cannot consent to being touched by someone out of their insurance network. These types of bills fall under something called, "surprise billing," and you don't have to put up with it.
      https://www.cms.gov/nosurprises
      I had to make a lot of phone calls to both the surgeon's office and the insurance company and explain my rights and what the maximum out of pocket costs were that I could be liable for. Also had to remind them that it isn't my place to be taking care of all of this and that I was going to escalate things if they could not play nice with one another.
      Quick ending is that I don't have to pay that $7,000+. Advocate, advocate, advocate for yourself no matter how long it takes and learn more about this law if you are ever hit with a surprise bill.
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches