Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

frustrated and venting...

Let me start with saying I am almost 3 weeks out... The first week just plain sucked. My PCP put me on some anxiety meds to take the edge off. Hoping I won't need them for long but I have had problems with anxiety all my life. It is at a high right now. Us usually I can self control it....but I am getting better everyday.

I got moved to pureed/mushy foods on Wednesday. I have had cottage cheese, Greek yogurt, and mashed potatoes. Have handled them all fine. I can get my fluids in no problem and falling only a little short on Protein cuz Protein drinks are getting old...

I have yet to start actually excersizing but try to walk for at least 15 minutes per day at least 6 times a week. Once I'm cleared to swim I will return to my gym for elliptical time and Water aerobics...

My main 2 complaints my hair is falling out really bad already... 3 weeks out.. I don't want to be bald and I'm terrified :(

Second is sleep. I think I have gotten 1 decent night of sleep in almost 3 weeks. First week... Uncomfortable and upset and just couldn't... Second week my family had the stomach bug I have been up with 2 sick kids all last weekend cleaning throw up and blankets and floors... Now my 5 yr old wakes up like a newborn... And if he actually sleeps I wake up at 630 and can't sleep... I am so tired and my body is suffering as well as my brain. If I get goof sleep I lose weight if I don't it goes up....

I am so frustrated and irritable during the day and my hubby is no help cuz he works in the morning....

Thanks for letting me get that off my chest....

That's a lot to handle on very little sleep even when you are not recovering from surgery. I hope things become more peaceful for you!

I have problems with insomnia myself. I don't like to take sleeping pills because I don't want to be dependent on them, but I have them when I absolutely need them. I'm sure that lack of sleep influenced my ability to lose weight for the past several years. I don't get home from work till midnight, and for the past year and a half I'd been eating from the time I got home till I finally put myself in a carb coma. The sleeve will definitely change that behavior. I go back to work on Monday for the first time since surgery. Hopefully I'll be tired and can start to build new sleeping habits.

Wow you are sooo lucky you did not catract that little stomach virus your kiddies had!! So on the flip side your golden. You have a full plate. Just remember breath. Im opposite of you last night I literally passed out from exaustion. This is new I cant stay awake! It sucks as well . Cause laundry doesnt do itself floors dont sweep themselves thank god im off today. Ughh somehow we will come up with a happy medium. Feel better and hang in there it can only get better.

I had a little insomnia in the beginning too; I could fall asleep fine (in fact, I was exhausted!) but I couldn't stay asleep. I'd wake up early in the morning, sometimes hours before I needed to and just lay there. It's horrible. But it only lasted for a couple of weeks. Once I started exercising regularly it began to decrease, and now it only happens maybe once a week. I also bought a BodyMedia Core which measures my sleep patterns because I wanted to to know what quality sleep I'm getting. I always feel tired. Turns out I have 94% sleep efficiency!

Hang in there, things will level out soon. Are your kids going back to school soon? Or pre-school? This will give you some time to relax. It's tough to go through this process when you're also caring for a family. Just remember - right now sleep & healing are more important than a clean house. Do the bare minimum for a while until you feel less stressed. It's hard, but you have to make yourself put you first. Once you start feeling better, you'll be glad you did!

Good luck, and hang in there!

(BTW, three weeks seems kind of early to be losing hair. I'm 3 months out and I haven't really lost any yet. It might be the level of stress, but you should ask your doctor. Maybe there is a supplement he'd like you on.)