Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Went out for my husbands birthday yesterday. Had a little bit of everything but didn't go over board. A friend of outs was there who had the Lapband done in October and she was eating like how I used to eat before surgery. She asked how I was doing and I told her the truth that its been interesting getting to learn how to eat. I had three small sliders (minus the bread), three nachos and three bites of a chicken tender. I guess I'm just confused how she can eat a WHOLE meal (steak, mashed potatoes and veggies) and I can barely eat a burger patty. Oh well. I know I should just worry about myself but its hard.

Maybe her band has not been filled enough yet. Has she lost any weight? I bet she has not lost as much as you have.

She's lost 47 but I don't m ow if that's with pre op diet or not. I've been a Ssssllllloooooowwww loser. I've been sleeved since 7/19 and my scale can't decide if I've lost 10 or 15 (since surgery). It keeps going up and down. I don't understand why. I just need to keep going and hopefully my body will start loosing.

Are you able to exercise at all?

You did good-- ate and didnt feel left out... :)

I have a friend who had the band last year and I'm amazed by how much (and what) she eats. She hasn't lost much and has been stalled for months. She's so discouraged. My heart feels so badly for her bc I know she isn't happy.

Are you able to exercise at all?

I am walking but I know that I have to increase that and start with other stuff. Jut have had lots going on with my parents and work that its been hard to get anything other then walking in. Hopefully soon ill have some more time to do stuff. And now that my son started school I have time in the morning.

I know a girl who was banded 3 years ago. Now, I know she was pregnant during that time and take that into account. But she is still morbidly obese. ( and her babies are now two years old!) I was out with her once at a party and she ate a lot of deep fried junk and drank alcohol. If I didn't know she had been banded I would have never imagined it. When she found out who my surgeon was she begged me not to use him. He had been her surgeon and she had nothing good to say. But here is what I see...She claims he never told her how to live with the band. She said he would fill the band to a point where she could barely eat. Well, isn't that the point? I believe she blames him for her failure. I think she was one of those who thought she would get it and just keep doing all she had done, and that the band would magically make her thin. She switched doctors and now has one that obviously allows her to believe that. But I am getting off topic. I think you can live your life after WLS without giving up everything. You just have to be smart and make wise choices. We don't go through all of this just to maintain bad habits. If we do, then what is the point? Good job, continue to make good decisions!