Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Is this normal, do I need a fill?

So, I just have a question or two.

My last fill was October,3 2006.

I was just right then. I would say in the past 3 weeks I have noticed that I can eat more. Not a lot more. For example. I used to could not eat bread at all, not one bite. Now I can eat ONE or two bites.

I just called the Dr. to find out how many cc's I have. I have 2 cc's in my 4 cc band.

So, is this normal, for you to stretch out after a while? Or loosen up or whatever you want to call it. It's not drastic, just noticeable. I am not losing very much and I think it is because I havent realized how much I was eating.

Thanks for the help.

Sounds to me like you could use another fill. The stomach does stretch after a while. Ask your dr. what he thinks.

Come on people. Help me out? I just want to make sure that this is normal? Just reply yes or no so I know that I am not the only one.

well im not a doctor, but I think the saline eventually dissapates(is that the word im looking for??) LOL.....and i also believe our stomachs stretch...but i believe that is how you know its time when you start eating more and can eat things like bread, Pasta, etc...

hope this helps....

No. Not drinking with food. I do not eat bread on a regular basis. I just noticed that I could eat it. I ate some over new years. And about a week ago.

I noticed that I was able to eat Breakfast about 3 weeks ago. I have always had to drink something hot in the morning to get anything down.

I am able to eat to much for b-fast.

So this morning I did not drink anything hot and was able to eat about 2/3rds of a cup of oatmeal.

As the day goes on, I can eat more and more and more.

At night, I can eat way to much.

I would rather strugle to eat breakfast and lunch and then for dinner just have about a cup of something.

This is how I was when I first got the fill in October.

How many fills have you had? Many people need 4-5 fills before they reach the one they can live with comfortably. I think most docs will give them as close together as 3-4 weeks apart.

If you are eating white carbs, you are causing your blood sugar to bounce which in turn increases your cravings. It's important to eliminate them from your diet if you are going to lose weight and do it without suffering cravings even with a band. Successful losers usually limit their carbs to less than 40 grams/day and keep their Protein up around 100.

If you are eating white carbs, you are causing your blood sugar to bounce which in turn increases your cravings. It's important to eliminate them from your diet if you are going to lose weight and do it without suffering cravings even with a band. Successful losers usually limit their carbs to less than 40 grams/day and keep their Protein up around 100.

Gayle is right on target

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• ChunkCat

Thank you everyone for your well wishes! I totally forgot I wrote an update here... I'm one week post op today. I gained 15 lbs in water weight overnight because they had to give me tons of fluids to bring my BP up after surgery! I stayed one night in the hospital. Everything has been fine except I seem to have picked up a bug while I was there and I've been running a low grade fever, coughing, and a sore throat. So I've been hydrating well and sleeping a ton. So far the Covid tests are negative.
      I haven't been able to advance my diet past purees. Everything I eat other than tofu makes me choke and feels like trying to swallow rocks. They warned me it would get worse before it gets better, so lets hope this is all normal. I have my follow up on Monday so we'll see. Living on shakes and soup again is not fun. I had enough of them the first time!! LOL 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • BeanitoDiego

Still purging all of the larger clothing. This morning, a shirt that I ADORED wearing ended up on top. Hard to let it go, but it was also hard to let go of those habits that also no longer serve my highest good. Onward and upward!
      · 0 replies
    • Onedayatatime365

Looking to connect with others who are also on the journey of better health. Post-Op Gastric Sleeve (4/11/24).
      · 0 replies
    • jparadigm

Happy Wednesday!

I hope everyone is having a lovely week so far! 
      It's been a bit of a struggle this last week...I'm hungry ALL the time.
      · 1 reply
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Have a great Wednesday too! Sorry you're hungry all the time, I'm pretty much the same..and I'm sick of eating the same food all the time.

• ChunkCat

Well, tomorrow I go in for an impromptu hiatal hernia repair after ending up in the ER over the weekend because I couldn't get food down and water was moving at a trickle... I've been having these symptoms on and off for a few weeks but Sunday was the worst by far and came with chest pain and trouble breathing. The ER PA thinks it is just esophagitis and that the surgeon and radiologist are wrong. But the bariatric surgeon swears it is a hernia, possibly a sliding one based on my symptoms. So he fit me into his schedule this week to repair it! I hope he's right and this sorts it out. He's going to do a scope afterwards to be sure there is nothing wrong with the esophagus. Here's hoping it all goes well!!
      · 4 replies
      1. AmberFL

omgsh!! Hope all goes well!! Keeping you in my thoughts!

2. gracesmommy2

Hope you’re doing well!

3. NickelChip

I hope it goes well! Sending positive thoughts for a speedy recovery!

4. AmberFL

How are you doing? any update?!

• Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches