Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August 27th anyone!

I am sooo ready and so excited for this. although I am a bit nervous I am very ready to get this journey started!

I'm scheduled for Aug 27th too. I'm nervous also. I'm keeping busy and trying to keep my mind off it. I'm focusing on the 4 weeks of pre-op diet the doctor has me on and that seems to be helping.

wow four weeks? I just have to do a 10 day liquid diet. Next saturday i start that. I'm not looking forward to that.

The nutritionist said 2 weeks high protein/low carb then only Clear liquids the day before. But when I saw my doctor and what I thought was and accomplishment of 12 pounds down was not as much as she thought I needed to come down. So she said to start the high protein/low carb that day. That was a week and a half ago. After I got passed the first few days it hasn't been too hard. As long as I stay away from anyone that's eating sweets that is.

I don't think I'd like 2 weeks of Fluid either.

Hi Fellow August 27th Sleevers! Tuesday I will begin puree foods. I tease my husband that I'm setting the alarm for 12:01 am. I'm a little worried what it will feel like and how will I know if I'm eating too much before I hurt or vomit. I know I'll take it a tiny spoon at a time and make sure the food is pureed. At this point I'm unable to get the 64 ounces in me because I feel full most of the time. My doctor said the 64 ounces is a goal and not to worry just to keep working toward it. My appetite is almost non existent except for the 8th day when I was dealing with some personal problems and I didn't have my friend "food" to numb the feelings. I cried and cried and cried. Since then I feel better and realize I should seek a good therapist to help me through my journey. I'm going to get my staples removed on Tuesday and will ask at the office names of therapists that specialize in eating disorders. Let me know how you've been doing and I wish everyone the best outcome possible.

I'm going to start purées on Wednesday after my follow up appointment. It has been a struggle for me to get all my Protein in since early out I

Had a reaction to whey. I'm looking forward to puréed tuna and chili so at least I can get some more in. I have found using a baby spoon and small dipping bowls help me to slow down when I'm eating my strained cream Soups so I'm going to continue to use that method when I go to purées I'm very excited but nervous as well

Hello! I know there are far more of us, but since I just found this thread I would guess they just haven't found us yet! I am doing great! My surgery went quite smoothly, I had a liver biopsy at the same time and my surgery last one hour LESS than what my surgeon anticipated. When I woke up, the first thing I did was look at the clock, I expected it to say 5:30 and it said 4:30 and my first thought was "OMG I didn't get sleeved, my liver was too big" I spent two nights in the hospital, I was quite proactive in my fluids and walking and even when I felt like I was slacking they said I was doing quite well. I was told many times that I was doing the best out of all of us who had surgery on that day (my surgeon performed 3 himself and assisted on at least one that I know of, plus he has two other surgeons in his clinic. I was released the 29th and spent the next couple of days pretty well medicated. I attempted to focus on Protein those first few days and I quickly gave up, I was determined not to get dehydrated so I 100% focused on Water and by day 5 met the minimum goal of 65oz, by day 10 I topped out at 108oz of water and realized I was using water to make up for my lack of food. I started protein on day 11 and did well getting that in with Protein Shakes hitting 60oz those last few days of full liquids. I started fork soft/mush foods on the 9th at my 2 week appt (really 13 days) the first day I hit my nutritionists goals of 900 calories and 89g of protein but I realized I had a lack of water for the day, I have evened out and now I am hitting around 700 calories and 60g of protein a day. I would have to say that I have what might be considered a sleeve of steel (I call it my worm) besides some lactose issues on days 5-7 after surgery I have had absolutely no issues consuming anything I have tried. I am happy with my progress so far, I am down just over 15lbs down since the day of surgery and just over 25lbs since the day I started my pre op diet 10 days before surgery. Things slowed down substantially around day 6, I have lost .2 to .4 a day since, I am not terribly concerned 12# in 6 days plus 12# of water weight (yes 12#!!!) so I literally lost 24# in 6 days ha ha. Anyway I know things will pick up as I balance my calorie intake and protein intake. Things are going great, I can't believe how smoothly everything is going. Hope you all are doing well!

I also had mine on Aug 27th, 2013.. how is everyone's progress? How is everyone feeling?