Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I was sleeved 7.29.13 and facing two more weeks of shakes i can hardly get down. Im exhausted! Energy depleted (20 oz of liquids is like a chore) hungrier than i have ever been and my chef boyfreind is filling my home with the most aromatically appealing smells know to humans. When i pointed out how cruel this was i was informed that i make bad decisions. Im going to die.

Sounds like torture. Hope it's worth it. :huh:^_^

Chances are, you're not going to die. The first few weeks after surgery are definitely the hardest but there was a reason you obviously made this decision to have surgery. Obviously, its not very nice for your boyfriend to be cooking like that in front of you but just consider it a test of will power because that is something you're going to need for the rest of your life. This surgery is a tool and you need to use it as such and if you're easily tempted by the smells of foods that might not necessarily be good for you, it's going to be a struggle, but just remember you can still cook and have GREAT food, just healthier... As for the liquids, I had a hard time choking them down too, the Protein Shakes get to be a bit much but maybe you should try another brand. I used ensure high Protein and I liked them up until I started eating regular food, you can use flavor extracts to change the flavors a bit, I loved the rootbeer one mixed in a vanilla shake, tasted like a rootbeer float... and you were just sleeved a few days ago so your opening to your stomach is still swollen so as long as you're sipping CONSTANTLY for the first week - 3 weeks, you should be fine. It's a definite struggle but it's SO worth it in the end. Good luck with everything and I know as long as you put your mind to It, you can succeed!

You are not going to die, you just are having trouble adjusting. The first couple of weeks are no fun and require a whole new mindset. My first month was not pleasant.

My words might seem empty, but I really have been where you are now. So here are some helpful tips and a reality check.

• you MUST get in enough liquids to stay hydrated. Use a shot glass if needed and sip slowly every 15 minutes. Set a timer. If you don't you will be back in the hospital in no time. Can I suggest Isopure 40gm Protein (apple melon was tolerable) to get in some Protein? Also, drink Power Aide Zero diluted during the day to get in the electrolytes necessary to survive.
  • Think of food differently. You are now eating / drinking to survive, not for pure pleasure.
  • You didn't gain this weight in a week, nor are you going to lose weight in a week...so commit to the long haul.
  • Your body is pissed off. You probably used to consume 2000 calories a day & now you are drinking/eating under 750. Of course you are tired.

Understand you are in a metamorphosis and change is not always easy. Accept that and move forward. Things will gradually get better so hang in there. Hugs.

I love my sleeve and have no regrets.

Chances are' date=' you're not going to die. The first few weeks after surgery are definitely the hardest but there was a reason you obviously made this decision to have surgery. Obviously, its not very nice for your boyfriend to be cooking like that in front of you but just consider it a test of will power because that is something you're going to need for the rest of your life. This surgery is a tool and you need to use it as such and if you're easily tempted by the smells of foods that might not necessarily be good for you, it's going to be a struggle, but just remember you can still cook and have GREAT food, just healthier... As for the liquids, I had a hard time choking them down too, the Protein shakes get to be a bit much but maybe you should try another brand. I used ensure high Protein and I liked them up until I started eating regular food, you can use flavor extracts to change the flavors a bit, I loved the rootbeer one mixed in a vanilla shake, tasted like a rootbeer float... and you were just sleeved a few days ago so your opening to your stomach is still swollen so as long as you're sipping CONSTANTLY for the first week - 3 weeks, you should be fine. It's a definite struggle but it's SO worth it in the end. Good luck with everything and I know as long as you put your mind to It, you can succeed![/quote']

I was sleeved on 7/30/13 and I'm having what I call cramping in my sleeve, is that what it is or am I doing something wrong. Please help I'm in pain with each drink.

Sent from my iPad using VST

Thank you for the support. I cant wait until i can lift my leg high enough to kick him. I know food is in my future. I just look very forward to that future because i am so hungry and so tired. I go back to work tomorrow so perhaps that will help. Im not sure how people work on less than 300 calories a day but im going to find out.

Eddie's angel- i had that too, are you taking really small sips? if you take too big of a gulp or even breath in air while you drink it'll cause an air bubble when you swallow. my nutritionist told me to make sure all the air was out of my mouth and make sure i don't breath in when i sip, if that makes sense? i hope that helps!! good luck to everyone- it's definitely a struggle but trust me and everyone else who has responded who has been where you guys are, it does get better! :)

chef boyfreind filling my home with appealing smells

ElyQuint

feeling tired, low energy after a few days is perfectly normal

sorry your boyfriend is being "alitte" insensitive instead of supporting you :(

it must be torture having a boyfriend who is a great cook :angry:

i "think" i've seen a couple of chef's on here - don't know how they work with the sleeve?

eating properly, it must be so hard being around all that food on a permanent basis :angry:

per your bf - "if your making bad choices, you are going to die????" :angry:

are you kidding me??? :angry:

what an awful thing for anyone to say!!!!

do you have support from others/family, friends et al???

hope you do

you know your bf is torturing you, you already told him!!!! tell him again!!!!

my favorite dr - Dr. Phil ;) says something like "if you are not part of the solution, you are part of the problem!!!!"

your energy et al will get better, hoping your boyfriend does too!!!

good luck

kathy

I cant wait until i can lift my leg high enough to kick him. I

ElyQuint

LOL :lol:

kick him to the door???

you'll be gaining your strength back soon........kick him hard for me to :lol:

good luck at work :)

don't push yourself tooooo hard :mellow:

rest as soon as you get home!!!! :)

take care

kathy

You guys are cracking me up. This might be passive aggressive cooking. There is a pie on the counter and a pizza guy at the door. Smh. BUT he also made some special Soups for the day i can consume purees (2 weeks i hope). He will have to get onboard or find someone else to push his wheelchair to his inevitable chemotherapy appointments!! Pizza indeed!

Lmao. Better wait till the pie is gone first.

This might be passive aggressive cooking.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Throw him the pie And pizza out! lol!