Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So, is anyone else due for their menstrual cycle while in the hospital? lol

I haven't had one since surgery a month ago. I figure it's due to all the stress and weight loss. And no I'm NOT PREGNANT! No way no how ;)

This is going to be awesomely embarrassing for most of us, yay. I hear you can't wear undies in the hospital because of the band interfering with the surgical site. I don't know if that's true for everyone.

I see my surgeon tomorrow for a briefing before my surgery...how the hell am i going to bring this up?

"....Soooo, uh, Doc. I'm going to be menstruating on the day of surgery..can i wear underwear?" Lol

Mine started the moment I woke up in recovery. It lasted the normal 4 days, but the cramps were awful. They gave me these cheesecloth looking "panties" that didn't do anything. The nurses had to keep changing the bed sheets because I couldn't put on my normal underwear and sanitary products. The staff was very understanding.

I had a hysterectomy many years ago. So, I won't need to worry about this. But from experience (I have been operated on many, many times over the past 25yrs), the hospital staff is very understanding. Just explain to them the situation and they will get you what you need. A few times this happened to me they provided me with stretchy fishnet undies and the biggest flippin' pad you can imagine. But the last time I was given the fishnet undies and the ovenight-time with wings (the super huge but super thin pad).

If I were you, I would bring my preferred brand and just let them provide the fishnet panties.

I see my surgeon tomorrow for a briefing before my surgery...how the hell am i going to bring this up?

"....Soooo, uh, Doc. I'm going to be menstruating on the day of surgery..can i wear underwear?" Lol

I am sure you know this by now, but there is no way they will let you wear underwear. They strip you butt ass naked, clean you up and sterile drape you. The nurse is used to it though, they are prepared and the bedding is stripped when you are done anyway. The nurse even cleans your belly button lol, it was the one thing the nurse told me, when I was in my OR rotation, that is neglected. This is something I have been concerned about though, I am highly irregular, but I just know that will be the week I start ha ha.

Surgery is set for this Wednesday 8/14. TMI here but I just got to shout it out! I NEVER thought I would be so dang excited that I started my period TODAY!! Cramps suck since I cant take Motrin but I'm beyond thankful at this point. Even if I am still having my period Wednesday, it will be on the end point. Woohoo :-D

Got mine 2 days before surgery; I let the nurse know as they were prepping me and she totally took care of me. Gave me a whole pack of hospital maternity pads but no "cheese cloth" as I had at least hoped for. The bleeding did last longer than normal didn't realize it was because of the blood thinners. Honestly, it wasn't a big deal though!

Wow i was wondering the same thing because my date us tomorrow and my cycle started friday and to make it worst im very irregular, anemic and my flow is heavy

Wow i was wondering the same thing because my date us tomorrow and my cycle started friday and to make it worst im very irregular' date=' anemic and my flow is heavy[/quote']

I started just prior to surgery. Then was a light spotting on day of surgery. The surgical team just put extra padding (chucks pad) under me in the bed. That way I didn't have to worry about having a Kotex pad with a Foley catheter. I had Heparin injections while in the hospital. My period did come back but not heavy at all. I was able to take shower the next day after surgery & use my own underwear once the foley catheter was taken out. I used a thin Kotex then & my period was gone within 48 hrs post-op. It really wasn't bad at all.

Nope mine was suppose to be a week and a half afterwards but I was the the statistic that received mine 2 days post op. great surprise!

This happened to me!! Started the day of surgery. I got thru it but Sheesh!

Surgery 8/12 started a week early on 8/14. Lasted normal, maybe slightly heavier. I am blessed that I had a D&C with eblation two and a half years ago, life changing.

I was a due right on on surgery day. Was getting the cramps and all that fun pre period fun. Went under anesthesia and boom, it went away. Came back two days later. It let me have recovery time and then came back, how sweet. Was normal after that.