Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Getting Ready for Spring Bootcamp

My scale is moving slowly down this week...My weekends always give me a pound or two gain by the time I get back to work...So my official weigh in is in the morning and we will see how it goes...This week has been kinda slow for me for some reason or another...I woke up this morning and made sausage, egg and cheese omlettes for Breakfast and they were so good, but I think I will have to either cut out lunch or dinner and substitute with a Protein Drink to make up for it..But it sure was good

Hey you guys, Sorry I have been hella busy and such with my husbands birthday and having to get my pets fixed and such but I wanted to report another 2lb loss, I am off to fix my ticker..

B-water(was not hungery)

L-Homemade veggie Soup

Dplanned- tuna steak lighty seasoned and fresh veggies.

I actually had a really good week. My DH was out of town for a few days and then the weather turned bitterly cold here. Up here in Alberta,Canada it's been in the minus 20's over the last few days....not sure what the wind chill is. I haven't left my house for 4 days...lol. I went to my Doctor on Thursday for a fill and we collectively agreed that I would hold off on a fill. If I loosen up then he told me to come back.

The last month has involved a lot of reflection for me. For me, it's really important that I make the proper food choices....even when I know I could eat something else. At the end of all of this weight loss stuff...I really want to know that I did a lot of the hard work and that the band just helped me along the way.

I'm down 63 pounds in 7 months....based on my starting weight it isn't a huge amount but I sure am proud of myself. I showed my doc my food journals and talked to him about my mind set and he is really supportive of the choices that I make as long as I move the scale in the right direction. So I made a new commitment to myself. It every other dieting experience I've had....I always white knuckled it through....steering clear of everything 'bad'....until I would reach my breaking point and binge and then hate myself for 4 days. I know myself pretty good I think...right now when I have a piece of chocolate...I'm fine with one piece of chocolate and not 2 pounds of it. So damn it....if I want it...I'm going to have one piece. I'm not going to have a 'treat day' or anything like that but I'm also not going to fill my head with self hatred and loathing because I ate one little thing....ultimately that just seems to throw me into a pit of sadness and before I know it I've eaten waaaaay too much. My attitude towards food has changed in really profound ways for me...it's just food...it's just food...it's just food. It's not love or happiness or a friend or a confidant or a lover....it's just food. I spent a lifetime wishing that I could say that and really mean it.....I feel like I'm actually getting there now....slowly but surely.

Anyway enough rambling...I'm off to Ikea! I hope everyone has a really great weekend.....geeez I'm emotional these days...take care, keep going,have faith and be blessed.

Food yesterday.

B-cottage cheese and fruit

L-turkey pepperoni and rice cake with cheese

S-turkey pepperoni

S-sugar free Jello w/fat free cool whip

D-Small baked potato with chili and low fat sour cream

80 oz of Water

Well, I did pretty good at lunch today..We ate out and I had the top layer off a chef salad while my son and dh had a steak and grilled cheese with cheese fries...I didnt taste any of their stuff and I am proud of myself actually...Not planning on eating any dinner today tho cuz I am stuffed

Bandida: Glad you're feeling better and ready to go! Congratulations on all the changes in your life. Wow! Look at all the weight you've already lost. You are on your way girl! Okay, what is Spanish root?

Thanks me too!! Yeah the weight is unbelievable!!! I still can't believe it...I try to stay of the scale and THAT IS VERY HARD!!!

Spanish roots....well, they are like potatoes but they taste different...malanga, yautia, ñame...yeah..try to say those names 4 times fast..They are very starchy but very yummy! A little bit of salt, a little bit of olive oil adn mush, mush, mush....YUM!!!!

Well, I did pretty good at lunch today..We ate out and I had the top layer off a chef salad while my son and dh had a steak and grilled cheese with cheese fries...I didnt taste any of their stuff and I am proud of myself actually...Not planning on eating any dinner today tho cuz I am stuffed

AWESOME JOB AVILLA!! KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK!!!!

Congratulations Tann! That's Awesome!!!! You Go Girl!!!!

I found something really good today for chocolate or vanilla lovers...The brand is called Heavenly Desserts...They are sugar free, fat free, carb free and taste wonderful...They are little cookie puffs made out of a marange...The website says its for diabetics but I have fallen in love with them and they totally satisfy my sweet tooth...They are 10 Cookies for 40 calories

I found something really good today for chocolate or vanilla lovers...The brand is called Heavenly Desserts...They are sugar free, fat free, carb free and taste wonderful...They are little cookie puffs made out of a marange...The website says its for diabetics but I have fallen in love with them and they totally satisfy my sweet tooth...They are 10 Cookies for 40 calories

sounds good..I'll have to try them!!! YUM!!!

My weekly weigh in was today and for this week I have lost 2 lbs...I am at exactly 60 lbs this morning!! Hopefully it will continue to slowly fall downward

Time2Live: You expressed exactly how I've been feeling. For the first time in my life, food is just food (most of the time). Isn't it wonderful? My DH is thin and he just doesn't have a big appetite. It's not hard for him to keep his weight down, becuase he's not hungry most of the time. Me, I was always hungry. Big appetite. I also used food emotionally. Now, with the LB I'm not hungry all the time. Now, I have a fighting chance. Without the hunger driving me, I can use my brain. I don't have to have so much will power. With that said, there is will power involved in making good choices, exercising, etc. I'm not explaining myself very well, but I guess I want to say that the emotions and the white knuckle (as you put it) experience are for the most part gone. I just pray that this continues to be a positive experience and we all stay healthy and going strong.

Tann: Great job! Now you must share your secrets! How much are you exercising and WHAT are you eating?! LOL. Congratulations!

Hi kareyquilts and thanks. I really don't have any secrets to yell ya. This past week I really watched what I ate and drinked. Which I drinked more Water and sf Water drinks than anything else. I stuck to mainly Protein with small amounts of nonstarchy veggies. I actually did not do much of a workout this past week because my DH had to work all types of hours this past week so I had to stay home with our boys and do the mommie thing. Usually I get to the gym about 3-5 times a week with 45 min of cardio and weight training.

I just hope to maintain that loss, because I'm afraid it might have been water weight that was released because I did do alot of drinking and going to the bathroom:confused: I guess I'll have to wait and see what the scale says next Sat.2-17.