Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I rarely ever have a bowel movement. Last week I took two correctols and it hurt my stomach so bad. Is anyone else having this problem? If so, what do you take?

I rarely ever have a bowel movement. Last week I took two correctols and it hurt my stomach so bad. Is anyone else having this problem? If so' date=' what do you take?[/quote']

****GRAPHIC****

I now take Mirralxx daily as recommended by my nutritionist. It's not habit forming she said. I was severly dehydrated 3days ago & had to have 2 bags of fluids. Still felt awful & bound up.

Took mirralxx and helped a lil. Finally sent hubby to store and got "Milk of magnesium". Within half an hour I felt "normal".

BUT THE PROCESS WAS AWFUL! I was sweating, shaking, seeing stars, crying.I thought I was going to pass out or die!! I ended up having TWO b.m.s the size of soda pop cans!!!! NO JOKE.

BE SURE YOU YOUR FLUIDS IN!!!

DO YOURSELF A FAVOR AND Get some "milk of magnesium" now if it's not to late. It was worse than labor pains. Hope this helps. I wish I had known before.

Good luck!

I had the shaking, sweating, itching and horrible pain when I took the correctols too. I think I am going to start the Miralax today.

I take 1 stool softener in the morning and one at night. I learned the hard way about getting backed up. I ended up in the emergency room. No fun having someone else help you poop :(

I take 1 stool softener in the morning and one at night. I learned the hard way about getting backed up. I ended up in the emergency room. No fun having someone else help you poop :(

I can't even imagine! !!

****GRAPHIC****

I now take Mirralxx daily as recommended by my nutritionist. It's not habit forming she said. I was severly dehydrated 3days ago & had to have 2 bags of fluids. Still felt awful & bound up.

Took mirralxx and helped a lil. Finally sent hubby to store and got "Milk of magnesium". Within half an hour I felt "normal".

BUT THE PROCESS WAS AWFUL! I was sweating' date=' shaking, seeing stars, crying.I thought I was going to pass out or die!! I ended up having TWO b.m.s the size of soda pop cans!!!! NO JOKE.

BE SURE YOU YOUR FLUIDS IN!!!

DO YOURSELF A FAVOR AND Get some "milk of magnesium" now if it's not to late. It was worse than labor pains. Hope this helps. I wish I had known before.

Good luck![/quote']

Miralax didn't really help me that much. I took it three days in a row. How much MOM did you take? I am going some better now but still feel like I need to go big.....

Having the same problem but I don't know if is safe for me to take milk of magnesium I'm 3 weeks post op or flax seed ground ?

I use generic stool softener. If its only been a day I will take 1, this week was the 1st time I used two. Took them at night and went in the morning. No pain.

You just have to be careful you don't get diarrhea. I used them the first week postop. But only one.

Miralax didn't really help me that much. I took it three days in a row. How much MOM did you take? I am going some better now but still feel like I need to go big.....

I only took 2tsp. & it worked in 30 minutes!

Having the same problem but I don't know if is safe for me to take milk of magnesium I'm 3 weeks post op or flax seed ground ?

I would call your nutritionist and ask.

I can't even imagine! !!

And now Im so afraid that it will happen again that I take my stool softeners religiously and now even my hubby monitors my poops lol.

Don't forget that you only eliminate the amount you take in. You no longer eat enough to "have to" have an everyday BM. If you know you are in need of a BM then, yes, miralax at the min dose to begin with will help.

Yes i called her she told me to drink more Water and start eating little bit more Fiber like carrots and used metamucel free and clear also papaya but not too much it has too much sugar

My post op instructions were to use milk of magnesia if needed. I never needed it then. At 6 weeks I added an Iron supplement as instructed by my nutritionist. ( two flintstone chewables). Now I mix 1/2 capful miralax into my morning Greek yogurt 2 to 3 days a week and that keeps me at a bm every other day. My doctor said it was best to just dose it to achieve regularity and didn't need it every day.

My surgeon & primary doc said, I could use Miralax everyday & also use Magnesium citrate occasionally.

I will not go through that horrible birthing experience ever again! :o