Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Slow losers..... Motivational steps

I also am a slow loser. I had surgery on 7/19 and have only lost 10 pound post op. right now the scale will not move. I think my major thing is liquids. Can't seem to get all the liquid I'm supposed to get. But every day I seem to get more. And my other issue is exercise. I REALLY need to jump on that band wagon. But so far pre and post surgery I've lost 32 pounds which I know if great. Just need to over this hurdle and I will be just fine.

Can I ask what your start weight and height was? I'm in the same boat I had surgery the same day as you and started out at 293.4 I had been stalled for an entire week with the scale moving up and down. I exercise and follow the meal plan and as of yesterday morning I was 280.6 I could cry, to think I altered my body in such a major way and I'm still not losing. I could've lost 10lbs in 3 weeks on my own.

Day of surgery (7-19)I was 305, height 5'2. Today I'm at 293. But it's been going between 295 and 292 for the past week. I just don't know what's going on. At first I thought it was because I hadn't had a BM in two days but after I did I was 1 pound lighter. Like you I follow the meal plan. I get a little less then the suggested Water intake and I walk (not as much as I should). I'm hoping its my body still in shock mode. And now I start to feel hungry. I don't know if that's me actually being hungry or head hunger.

I was sleeved July 1st and since surgery I have only lost 17lbs.. 27 total with pre-op diet... I guess I am going to be a slow loser... I also know I have not been getting my liquid and Protein in like I should... Going to TRY and bump that up and see if I can lose a little faster... I am feeling pretty discouraged right now.

9 weeks today post surgery ...weighted mysekft

Still the same 16 pounds lost .., i guess I be stack in that weight forever:-(

Still the same 16 pounds lost ..' date=' i guess I be stack in that weight forever:-([/quote']

Don't get discourage, you will start loosing again. It happened to me too. I'm loosing again one pound here and one there, but I'm loosing. I'll take that. Eat more Protein maybe you're not eating enough and your body may think you starving it. You would have thought we have surgery to eat less and now being told not eating enough. Good luck

So sorry it took so long to take a look at your myfitnesspal journal, but I can see easily why your weight loss has stalled. You are drinking too many carbs and calories, so here are my suggestions:

Here's what my NUT told me after reviewing myfitnesspal...

Do not use eat or drink the following:

1. G2 – Use Powerade Zero instead

2. No smoothies of any kind, not even if you make them yourself

3. No muscle milk – it is way too high in carbs

4. No cream Soups

5. No sugar free pudding

OK to use between meals :

1. Lean shake

2. Pure Protein

3. Syntax whey isolate

I am guessing that you have turned to Protein shakes/smoothies, etc because they are convenient for meals, but they are most likely slowing your weight loss because they are higher in carbs. Please try to have 3 meals per day with about 2 ounces of protein food and 1 ounce of fruit or veggie or appropriate whole grain. Save the shakes for between meals

this sucks big time

So for the past 8 days I have been doing the plateau buster diet. 10 days of 3-4 oz of solid Protein every 3 hours. You can add low carb shakes in there also.

Previously I had played with the same 20 lbs up and down for months! My surgery was 4/29, I started at 232. Well in the last 8 days I have lost 4.2 lbs! Im at 207.8 today, and only a pound away from 100 lbs lost from my highest.... Two more days to go!

So for the past 8 days I have been doing the plateau buster diet. 10 days of 3-4 oz of solid Protein every 3 hours. You can add low carb shakes in there also.

Previously I had played with the same 20 lbs up and down for months! My surgery was 4/29' date=' I started at 232. Well in the last 8 days I have lost 4.2 lbs! Im at 207.8 today, and only a pound away from 100 lbs lost from my highest.... Two more days to go![/quote']

This is great news! Can you post a link to this diet please?

I was staying around 204 lbs I did the 5 day pouch test and broke my into Onderland check my Onderland thread with pics and i stated loosing again. My 5 day was up this past Friday now I'm 196lbs. Woohoo!

But at first i was eating sliders. You see dense Protein make you fill full longer and close the pyloric sphincter which control movement / emptying of food and sliders well slide right through basically calories. So I've had no popcorn since. I was Getting popcorn , cashews and some fast food protein but salty not the best Proteins to reach for.

It the 5daypouchtest made me be more aware and reach for protein first. I was also not drinking the amount of Water I should and essential eating like I was in mataintence mode but had a long way to go. Before the pouch test I was sort of in denial of my contribution to the slow weight loss for me and addicted to sliders.

I'm Happier now.

I'd would just go back to basis some are to early for the pouch test but that essentially what it is the first 2 days liquids day three soft etc.

I'm 5 1/2 months out so I easily did did soft day 3 and etc. if you are early out and not cleared for hard protein then you

Just always stick to Your prescribed Plan.

This was my first time using the ouch test.

Talk to your Nut if you are struggling don't hesitate.

Good luck too

Hope this helps some one

Don't get discourage' date=' you will start loosing again. It happened to me too. I'm loosing again one pound here and one there, but I'm loosing. I'll take that. Eat more Protein maybe you're not eating enough and your body may think you starving it. You would have thought we have surgery to eat less and now being told not eating enough. Good luck[/quote']

Thank you for ur support!

I was a slow loser. I had a resting metobolic test done to see exactly how many calories I needed to eat to lose. I went to the gym every day.

I still have a slow metabolism. It's very easy for me to graze and fool myself into thinking I'm hardly eating anything. I finally had to learn to count every single calorie I put into my mouth.

My doctor appt was today and since my pre diet I'm down about 40 pounds mind you I'm 5 almost 6 weeks out. AND i stalled for 2 weeks. My surgeon said its less than he'd hope. I thought that was a pretty good amount! He kinda discouraged me. Apparently I'm a slow loser?

My surgeon was the same. At 2.5 weeks out I'd only lost 12.5lbs. He said the next time he sees me I should be up to 25-30lbs lost. He said so, in a month you need to lose another 15 or so lbs. I felt discouraged. I'm following the nutrition plan and exercising, it's just coming off slow!!