Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

mr nice guy has left the building! The fat lady has sung. Adios

And this is a perfect example of why you have a few people who post constantly and then you have folks who find information and run for the hills. Congrats Laura I am sure this gets you one step closer to your dream of being an administrator to this site.

Finally I stand by my statements. I was not rude, disrespectful or WRONG. Alex you do have an exceptional legacy in WLS and I don't begrudge you the opportunity to help others and make money but I don't believe this interest is clearly defined on this site - especially on the apps.

Now I shall run for the hills again whole everyone simmers in the stew.

I am not having surgery in MX but as a newer member I appreciate Alex and Susan investigating offers to accompany strangers to a foreign country for a surgery that leaves you vulnerable pre and post op. I feel safer as a part of this community knowing that someone is monitoring for scams, shysters, and predators.

What a mess this topic has become. I think the original poster was wrong to post this way. They seem well intentioned' date=' however I would be cautious if I had read some of the posts Alex mentioned the man and his wife have posted. But isn't that how anyone should approach information provided on these forums? I do think Anniemay deserves a little defense here. I understood her first post. Forum readers do not always have it in their mind that the forum owner is Alex. The forums helped me choose a doctor and I had my surgery one month ago. I never got the impression that I was being "scammed" or pressured by coordinators lurking on the site. But maybe that is just because I chose the forums that seemed sincere to me and didn't pay much attention to the rest. Now that I have had a good experience in Mexico, I don't look at this forum so much, because topics like this--all the bickering back and forth, just turn me off. I am glad I did not notice so much of this bickering before I made my decision. I hope this type of topic doesn't turn off new people who are just looking for information.[/quote']

Well let me tell you all something. I am new to this forum and I have been reading and reading and studying, trying to make a decision about which Dr. I will choose for my sleeve in MX.

Now after reading all of this garbage, I can honestly say I am more confused and unsure then I have ever been. It seems to me that EVERYONE involved has an ulterior motive and that is to promote the Dr that he or she is working for and it's got me seriously doubting ANY of the "my MX sleeve experience" stories that ANYONE has posted on this forum. Why can't people be honest anymore?!!! Why can't people just tell the truth?!!! I'll tell you why!!! Because so called "caring people" care more about making money then they do about human life!!!!!! I am so disgusted by all of this that I am SERIOUSLY ready to back out, and that makes me even more sad and angry because I really need this surgery and can't afford to have it done in the states! So I guess I'm on my own because now, and you can best believe I will not be putting ANY stock into what ANYONE says regarding MX sleeves and that includes YOU dear Alex. All I have left to say now is THANKS A LOT!

What? There are people on here that have posted that the will travel with you free to Mexico? I would never travel to Mexico with a stranger! My god that's crazy!

Oh, and one more thing! *susan* and laura-ven, you guys need to stop with the jokes! This is a very serious thing for me and quite upsetting, so PLEASE act like the veterans you are suppose to be and cut the crap, cause I ain't laughing!

2btrim, I feel for you! I researched on this site and made a decision about where I wanted to go and which Dr. to use. I placed my trust in my decision and never looked back. I am happy with my decision. Personally, I think the doctors who you see in positive personal stories on this site are probably all good. The coordinators who get positive posts are also probably all good. I think it is pretty easy to tell if a post is coming from a "real" person or not. If you decide to proceed, trust in your decision and don't look back. Good luck to you!

What? There are people on here that have posted that the will travel with you free to Mexico? I would never travel to Mexico with a stranger! My god that's crazy!

If anyone wants to go to Hawaii to have their surgery....I'll go with you and I'll even go for free. Happily.

Oh, and one more thing! *susan* and laura-ven, you guys need to stop with the jokes! This is a very serious thing for me and quite upsetting, so PLEASE act like the veterans you are suppose to be and cut the crap, cause I ain't laughing!

Don't you know that hijacking a ridiculous thread is a veteran's #1 job? Why else would we be here?

Seriously, there needs to be a little levity around this place. It can't be all doom and gloom.