Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Feeling Stronger and Healthier than ever

Hi Everybody, my name is Tanisha LaShawn Henry and I have become so much stronger and a little bit healthier since my Gastric Sleeve Surgery on June 3, 2013. It has been almost two months since the surgery and I have been feeling like I can do lots of things that I was not able to do before.

Last year, I went to the Kaiser Permamente Options Program in Fontana to start my surgery program. In the beginning, I weighed almost 420 pounds. I could not walk, eat, even be happy. I was scared at first, because I thought that other people would laugh and make fun at me. But a few weeks passed, I have started to lose a few pounds at a time.

Ever since then, I have made a commitment to lose as much weight as possible before my surgery. I have walked everyday. It helps me gain strength everyday.

When I went to see the bariatric doctor on May 2013, he told me that I was the only woman to lose the most pounds before surgery. I have lost almost 60 pounds before my surgery.

Before my surgery on June 3, 2013, I was weak, tired and mostly low of energy. A few weeks have passed and I have gain a little bit of strength and I feel my confidence returning to me.

Since last year and two months after my surgery, I have lost over 100 pounds so far; going from 420 pounds to 313.3 pounds.

I feel lighter, stronger, and so much healthier than I was years ago. I can walk faster, dance for more that 30mins., I want to swim lots of laps, and so much more.

For all of the future surgery candidates out there: This surgery is not a quick fix. You have to make the weight loss worth it and it's up to you to make the surgery a success. It's a tough, long, and hard journey, but if you believe in yourself and your success, you can make anything happen.

Congratulations on all of your successes!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

I changed my profile image to a molecule of protein. Why? Because I am certain that it saved my life.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • eclarke

Two years out. Lost 120 , regained 5 lbs. Recently has a bout of Norovirus, lost 7 pounds in two days. Now my stomach feels like it did right after my surgery. Sore, sensitive to even water.  Anyone out there have a similar experience?
      · 0 replies
    • Eve411

April Surgery
      Am I the only struggling to get weight down. I started with weight of 297 and now im 280 but seem to not lose more weight. My nutrtionist told me not to worry about the pounds because I might still be losing inches. However, I do not really see much of a difference is this happen to any of you, if so any tips?
      Thanks
      · 0 replies
    • Clueless_girl

Well recovering from gallbladder removal was a lot like recovering from the modified duodenal switch surgery, twice in 4 months yay 🥳😭. I'm having to battle cravings for everything i shouldn't have, on top of trying to figure out what happens after i eat something. Sigh, let me fast forward a couple of months when everyday isn't a constant battle and i can function like a normal person again! 😞
      · 0 replies
    • KeeWee

It's been 10 long years! Here is my VSG weight loss surgiversary update..
      https://www.ae1bmerchme.com/post/10-year-surgiversary-update-for-2024 
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches