Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

PreOp Liquid Diet.....joke seriously

I wasn't rude at all.

I said relax and live your life.

Your the one crying because you had sushi.

Have you ever seen an actual surgery? I have a video of mine and the liver really isn't over the area they actually cut. Yeah its in the way that's why they retract it' date=' Its less than a 1/4 over the actual stomach.

But hell if your doctor says drink liquid so your body's immunity goes down or "shrinks your liver" do what he says. I had a state of the art, up to date doctor who did not require anything of the sort.[/quote']

LOL wow you're inconsiderate, disrespectful and seem to have a identity crisis. You were me months ago so please stop acting like you're above me. I'm crying? You're delusional. It's the Internet. I'm not crying I was merely venting and seeing if other people out there cheated as well and had issues with surgery or not. Bless your heart doll. You have no idea how to express yourself kindly. Take notes. Oxo

You are fine. Just follow your doctor's orders to the best of your ability starting now. Every doctor performs the surgery in his or her way and therefore has specific rules that they think keep you the safest. Most doctors are not sadists and do not put you on a liquid diet to punish you' date=' but because he or she feels that this is the best practice.

My doctor used the daVinci robot and travels the country teaching other surgeons how to use it. He, too, has performed thousands of surgeries and has never had a leak. I know for a fact that he will not do the surgery if he doesn't feel you are healthy enough for you to be safe during the procedure. There were two women on my floor that were opened up and stitched shut, sleeveless, because he didn't feel it was the right time for them.

My diet was two weeks of 2 shakes a day and one meal of high Protein, unlimited veggies and no carbs. Like you, I had something I wasn't supposed to have and called my NP the next day. She snickered a bit at me because I went into full confessional mode, and then gave me ideas on what to do to combat my hunger including allowing extra Snacks during the day. I lost a lot pre-op and the doctor was pleased so he operated.

I am so happy I stuck to my plan. It showed me that I had the strength to follow through with this decision and be successful. I've got a ways to go, but I have no doubt I can do it. :)[/quote']

Thank you for your response!!!! Sooo helpful :) I appreciate it!

I have to say. I think all of you who have survived the liquid is very strong. I did not have a preop diet. I had to do 1 day of liquids and I wanted to die.

Anyone one who says the pre op or post op isn't hard....is - well I'm not like them. At all.

It's hard. It's awful. I cried. I cried after during my week of clear. We didn't get to the point of surgery because we like chicken broth. It's basically the almost like a drug addict going through withdrawal.

Pre surgery you come on here looking at the photos and seeing everyone 3 and 4 months out and that's all you focus on.

This is hard. This will be hard for a long time. Anyone who tells you it's not is full of crap. BUT - the one thing that keeps me going is looking on here and reading these stories of women who (like me) have looked in that mirror one too many times - hating themselves. Felt different when out with their friends, wanted to shop on "normal" stores. And most of all are able to now look in the mirror and love themselves.

I think about that when I want to cry. I'm only 15 days out. It's still hard. I've lost 16.5. I can't see it. My boobs are shrinking like a dollar store air mattress but that's all I see. I look in the mirror and still hate the reflection. But this time - I know something good is around the corner.

Hang in there, cry of you need: don't be afraid to vent. But always know - something good is waiting for you. And it's only a few months away. You will look back on this as a memory and remember your worth every second of this. Xoxo