Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I want to do some grocery shopping today... I haven't been eating really much! I think time to tighten down and get some healthier and better routine in my life! Besides work Powerade sleep! Any suggestions? I wanna cook again!!!! :-)

Surgery day 307

Today 239.7

Surgery was on April 8 this year. Thanks people

I'm a rare (fat) bird. I hate grocery shopping. Shopping not for fun isn't fun for me. It used to be when I was young and was broke. It was a challenge to keep my food under a certain amt. And now, I know I'll hate shopping even more, cuz there's no yummy treats to be had.

Have fun shopping! Make sure you get some veggies!

Obviously it depends on your taste and preference for particular foods but the staples that Im never without in my fridge are tilapia filets, ground turkey meat (for 2 ounces burgers with a 1/2 slice of cheese, no bun), Im really into BLT wraps right now but I dont use bread - I use large lettuce leaves and cut up a smal Tomato and 3 strips of bacon and a little mayo, sliced lunch meat (I put some whipped cream cheese on it with a little cut up green onion and wrap. I can eat 2 of those), cottage cheese, eggs, Special K Breakfast sandwiches (I take the top part of the bread off to save carbs), fresh spinich or kale and frozen fruit because I make a smoothie in the morning so I know Im getting my Vitamins and Fiber.< /p>

Obviously it depends on your taste and preference for particular foods but the staples that Im never without in my fridge are tilapia filets' date=' ground turkey meat (for 2 ounces burgers with a 1/2 slice of cheese, no bun), Im really into BLT wraps right now but I dont use bread - I use large lettuce leaves and cut up a smal Tomato and 3 strips of bacon and a little mayo, sliced lunch meat (I put some whipped cream cheese on it with a little cut up green onion and wrap. I can eat 2 of those), cottage cheese, eggs, Special K breakfast sandwiches (I take the top part of the bread off to save carbs), fresh spinich or kale and frozen fruit because I make a smoothie in the morning so I know Im getting my Vitamins and fiber.[/quote']

When were you sleeved?

Obviously it depends on your taste and preference for particular foods but the staples that Im never without in my fridge are tilapia filets' date=' ground turkey meat (for 2 ounces burgers with a 1/2 slice of cheese, no bun), Im really into BLT wraps right now but I dont use bread - I use large lettuce leaves and cut up a smal Tomato and 3 strips of bacon and a little mayo, sliced lunch meat (I put some whipped cream cheese on it with a little cut up green onion and wrap. I can eat 2 of those), cottage cheese, eggs, Special K breakfast sandwiches (I take the top part of the bread off to save carbs), fresh spinich or kale and frozen fruit because I make a smoothie in the morning so I know Im getting my Vitamins and fiber.[/quote']

I have Greek yogurt smart ones lean cuisine. Steamed veggies. smoothies. Etc. But what can I eat that keeps my metabolism burning

The frozen Entrees might be making you retain Water. Very high sodium.

The frozen Entrees might be making you retain Water. Very high sodium.

Agree, my doc told me to stay clear of the frozen meals because of the high sodium content.

I love Greek yogurt, also I buy the tuna packets that are only 2.5oz perfect for me. I but the target brand white albacore and it is like 75 cents cheaper for each packet. What kind of food do you like? I am a Mexican food junky, which is great because I can make a ton of quick, easy, small meals for myself that are super high in Protein, low in carbs and so yummy. If you like Mexican food let me know and I will give you some super yummy recipes. Good luck

I love Greek yogurt' date=' also I buy the tuna packets that are only 2.5oz perfect for me. I but the target brand white albacore and it is like 75 cents cheaper for each packet. What kind of food do you like? I am a Mexican food junky, which is great because I can make a ton of quick, easy, small meals for myself that are super high in Protein, low in carbs and so yummy. If you like Mexican food let me know and I will give you some super yummy recipes. Good luck[/quote']

Yes share the Mexican recipes! Mexican is my favorite!

Agreed. I would love some mexican recipes for down the road. I am getting sleeved Aug 6th and would love to have ideas for later

Alright, we'll first things first every Sunday or Monday I cook up some thinly sliced beef and chicken cut into bite size pieces. I season mine with taco seasoning or a chili powder mix, that way it's easily accessible. My fav fast fix is just a simple quesadilla, I can eat 1/2 at a time. I use low carb tortillas or corn tortillas, I add some of the chicken or beef, a spoonful of black Beans, a spoonful diced onion, fresh cilantro and about 1/4 cup cheese. That's my fav and is super easy and fast. Also another good one is a stuffed red pepper. I season ground turkey with a mexi seasoning, cook on stove top, add diced onion, cilantro, black beans cook till onions are done. Cut red pepper in half, stuff with meat mix and if you want top with cheese. I don't top mine with cheese cause I add a bit of low fat sour cream after they are cooked. Cook in over at 350 for 10 to 15 mins. They are amazing add a spoonful of 100 calorie guac and you have 2 high Protein meals. My 1/2 quesadilla with added sour cream and guac is about 250 calories and 12/15 grams protein, the 1/4 pepper I can eat for dinner is about 200 calories and has about equal amount of protein. If you make sure to not use fatty meat and don't add guac the fat is low.

One of my other favs is egg whites with black Beans, onion, cilantro and spinach tossed in. After I cook it I add some fresh salsa and it is so yummy and super high in Protein and low fat because I'm only using egg whites. I always have black beans, cilantro, spinach, onion, and chicken in my house. But I am a Mexican junky so I just measure my food carefully and still enjoy my favs is a healthier version. I have a couple more if you need them later. Good luck.

I love Greek yogurt' date=' also I buy the tuna packets that are only 2.5oz perfect for me. I but the target brand white albacore and it is like 75 cents cheaper for each packet. What kind of food do you like? I am a Mexican food junky, which is great because I can make a ton of quick, easy, small meals for myself that are super high in Protein, low in carbs and so yummy. If you like Mexican food let me know and I will give you some super yummy recipes. Good luck[/quote']

I love Mexican food.. Please give me some

recipes..

Alright' date=' we'll first things first every Sunday or Monday I cook up some thinly sliced beef and chicken cut into bite size pieces. I season mine with taco seasoning or a chili powder mix, that way it's easily accessible. My fav fast fix is just a simple quesadilla, I can eat 1/2 at a time. I use low carb tortillas or corn tortillas, I add some of the chicken or beef, a spoonful of black Beans, a spoonful diced onion, fresh cilantro and about 1/4 cup cheese. That's my fav and is super easy and fast. Also another good one is a stuffed red pepper. I season ground turkey with a mexi seasoning, cook on stove top, add diced onion, cilantro, black Beans cook till onions are done. Cut red pepper in half, stuff with meat mix and if you want top with cheese. I don't top mine with cheese cause I add a bit of low fat sour cream after they are cooked. Cook in over at 350 for 10 to 15 mins. They are amazing add a spoonful of 100 calorie guac and you have 2 high Protein meals. My 1/2 quesadilla with added sour cream and guac is about 250 calories and 12/15 grams Protein, the 1/4 pepper I can eat for dinner is about 200 calories and has about equal amount of protein. If you make sure to not use fatty meat and don't add guac the fat is low.[/quote']

Thanks all of this sounds so yummy!

I buy already cooked turkey meatballs, a package of pepperoni, a jar of bolognese sauce, some ricotta, and some mozzarella.

You can make a really quick Italian meal- throw a meatball or some pepperoni in a small bowl, cover is with a little ricotta and some mozzarella, then mix in a half or quarter cup of the sauce. Nuke it for 45 seconds and you have instant Italian deliciousness.

I've also been eating a lot of pulled pork with just enough BBQ Sauce for taste. It goes down easy and has tons of protien.

Greek yoghurt is good too (though I like mine flavored so I only have one a day because of the carb count). Oinkos has a key lime pie flavor that is the BOMB- tastes just like key lime pie filling!

I also do my protien shakes with almond milk which has almost no carbs (compared with milk which has a lot).

Atkins also makes some good protien bars- one is delicious chocolate Peanut Butter and has 17g of protien and only 2 or 3 net carbs.

I also recommend getting some crystal light powder if you get tired of plain Water.

That's all I can think of for now! Good luck!