Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm also day 6 and will be in the secret group so we can keep in touch. I'm having minimal pain, and am getting bored, no driving, no lifting, walking is the only allowed exercise. My biggest issue, and the one I will be addressing today is Constipation. I'm drinking more, committed to getting 3 Unjury Protein Shakes today. I've added Benefiber to the drinks, but no results yet. Maybe prune juice and a laxative.

My post op plan is 1 full week of clears. Then 2 week full, then very soft. No solid food until week 4. I'm finding the unflavored Unjury tastes best in Gatorade. And even at that, it's an effort to hang in with it. Water, Popsicles, and chicken broth are better. Today I promised myself to get all my Protein and fluids, and I feel like I can keep that promise. That's progress.

Dr sent me home with Toradol tabs that I am to take for pain every 6 hours. I feel it when I try to skip, and I'm not having side effects, so manage to take 3 or 4 per day. My pain is at the 2 larger incisions. Maybe it will be better when I'm not FOS????

I'm not too tempted by food yet. Nice to see I'm steadily loosing weight. Can't seem to skip a day checking the scale.

All good, in the scheme of things!

I have started a secret Facebook group for August Sleevers. If you would like for me to add u to it just send me your email address and I will send u an invite

I'm a member! Instead of a new group, let's just add to that one if that sounds good to everyone!

We can also start a thread on the post-op board as well if anyone is interested?

Iove to be apart of that group

Feeling pretty good today. I'm managing to get in about 1/4 to 1/2 cup of broth down at meal times and I just sip minted Water (water with fresh mint in it) during the day. I add egg to my broth to add Protein and basically add benefiber to everything I eat and have been regular since coming out of hospital on Friday.

At times I feel uncomfortable and that's my signal to stop. I also went for a 15 minute walk today. It's cold here in the mornings so it was beautiful.

Not feeling hungry and it's pretty fantastic not craving sweets or chocolate or anything the only thing I can't wait to try again is tortillas with tomatillo salsa. Missing that.

I'm so glad I did this. Not one moment of regret!!!

I got through a hurdle yesterday.........a huge party....was originally thinking of not going or leaving before dinner because I'm still on clear liquids......that and I haven't told anyone but one sister and DH about the surgery.......hubby was afraid it'd be hard on me.....but it wasn't.....I had my bottle of Water and sipped, sipped, sipped.....odd not to have had any solid food for nearly 3 weeks and not care either.....had a great time...and only one person noticed I wasn't eating.....told her my stomach was doing flip flops (well, it's true---the noises it makes now is amazing) :lol:

I got through a hurdle yesterday.........a huge party....was originally thinking of not going or leaving before dinner because I'm still on clear liquids......that and I haven't told anyone but one sister and DH about the surgery.......hubby was afraid it'd be hard on me.....but it wasn't.....I had my bottle of Water and sipped, sipped, sipped.....odd not to have had any solid food for nearly 3 weeks and not care either.....had a great time...and only one person noticed I wasn't eating.....told her my stomach was doing flip flops (well, it's true---the noises it makes now is amazing) :lol:

That's great! We had lunch at a friend's house yesterday. I'm missing the taste of savory foods! My friends know about the surgery and I wasn't hungry, so it wasn't a big deal. They had a cheese ball though, and I love sharp cheese. I can't wait to have cheese again. I ended up stopping at a grocery store on the way home and got a jar of olives to suck on (and spit out for now). I may have to experiment with adding savory sauces to my yogurt. Too many sweet Protein shakes!

I started the pureed stage of my journey and i have to say my chicken meatballs with Tomato sauce taste delicious. I feel so much better. I'm sleeping in my bed doing things around the house. The only thing is I can't go out because I can't put on a bra.. (tmi sorry). 2 of my incisions are right under my breast. I made my husband take me to a food store a half hour away to pick up some things. Lol... anyway, hope u all are found great!!!!!

Also I'm trying to send my email to get on the fb page but I can't...suggestions??

I have to share this recipe. My dh made me pumpkin and blue cheese Soup. It was amazing. Perfect texture and great flavor.

He just softened pumpkin within garlic and onion. Then added 4 cups of chicken stock. And boiled.

He drained the stick and puréed the veg with 6 slices of cooked crisp bacon. Added it to the stock

He continued cooking and then melted 1/2 Cup of Gorgonzola cheese into it. It was amazeballs. I've been eating it for two days now!

post-63179-13813668876914_thumb.jpg

Try it. It really was wonderful!

I have to share this recipe. My dh made me pumpkin and blue cheese Soup. It was amazing. Perfect texture and great flavor.

He just softened pumpkin within garlic and onion. Then added 4 cups of chicken stock. And boiled.

He drained the stick and puréed the veg with 6 slices of cooked crisp bacon. Added it to the stock

He continued cooking and then melted 1/2 Cup of Gorgonzola cheese into it. It was amazeballs. I've been eating it for two days now!

Try it. It really was wonderful!

post-63179-13813668876914_thumb.jpg

I started the pureed stage of my journey...

I just got on the full liquids today......and finding it trying to get in all the Protein ....so I have a 15 minute timer, and take two tiny sips every 15 minutes......

About the bras....Walmart carries the genie bra......$20 for 2 maybe......they aren't the greatest for support, but that's what I've been wearing, and no problems...one insision is under the band...just wish these steri strips would fall off LOL

Yamgirl; Rolling laughing - with you not at you! I needed my son to take me to the store and discovered I couldn't wear a bra. I still have my staples and the band irritated my incisions in 3 places I'm 56 and things are hanging pretty low these days. I found an old Ahh bra and put the girls in their proper slots and wore a big tshirt. I thought I was good to go. When I got back home and looked in the mirror - I nearly died - one of the girls had slipped her earthly bounds! I looked like a % sign! Thank goodness I didn't see anyone I knew! They didn't cover this problem in any of my pre-op classes - I'm a bit concerned about going back to work on Monday.

Lol... I'm laughing so hard too cause mine are very large too. It wasn't a pretty sight.

Had my post-op appointment today. I am down 10 pounds since surgery on the 6th! And I'm not in the Morbidly Obese category on the BMI chart anymore! Finally heading home from Houston tomorrow :)

You guys are too funny!

I had my post op today too.....10 pounds down......congrats on the BMI reclassification!!!!

Anyone else think their stomach is swollen from the surgery? Mine still feels puffy & weird.