Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Actually surviving the clear liquid diet!

Im on liquids till september 9th...then clear fluids for a day...its gonna kill me..im surs of it...hopefully my schoolwork will keep me too busy to visit the kitchen

I thought the same thing. I am on day 6 of Protein Shakes, Water and Jello. On day 1 I had 4 shakes, 3 jello, broth, sugar free Popsicle and a ton of water. Today I have made myself drink 2 shakes I am not hungry but I have kept up the water. I only have 8 more days but it does get easier!!!

so i thought it would be better at work.......... WRONG!!!!!!!!

not really but i am torn in half... i actually took a friend to lunch and he had 4 chicken sandwiches from McD and i was actually not dying there.. i cae back and had my LARGE Jello i made and my shake... which was good but now its 4:30 and i think i could chew my arm off if i wouldnt make a mess! haha JK

i get to eat cream based Soup which is nice i found some new kind that is really filling.....

i also did get my pre-op call from the office today and they told me i have to do a poo poo drink for dinner thursday before surgery... which means i will get NO sleep i bet unless its sitting up on the potty.

I'm almost finished with day 8. I'm also scheduled for July 31st. Mine is Clear Liquids, sf Popsicles, Jello, Powerade zero, tea with Splenda, crystal light and broth. I can have 1-3 Protein drinks a day, but only EAS Advantedge. It's been way easier than I thought it would be. I'm actually having issues making myself get enough fluids in. I am, however, loving my jello and Popsicles! Lol. We got this!!

I'm starting mine Wednesday! I'm scared I won't be able to handle it... My date is August 6th. So I have no choice so it's mind over matter!

Im on liquids till september 9th...then clear fluids for a day...its gonna kill me..im surs of it...hopefully my schoolwork will keep me too busy to visit the kitchen

Well, I'll actually be doing Clear Liquids until August 20th, but I figure after the surgery it will be easier ;)

I'm almost finished with day 8. I'm also scheduled for July 31st. Mine is clear liquids' date=' sf Popsicles, Jello, Powerade zero, tea with Splenda, crystal light and broth. I can have 1-3 Protein drinks a day, but only EAS Advantedge. It's been way easier than I thought it would be. I'm actually having issues making myself get enough fluids in. I am, however, loving my Jello and Popsicles! Lol. We got this!![/quote']

I had a hard time today getting all the Protein shakes, didn't feel hungry most of the day. Where are you having surgery?

I'm starting mine Wednesday! I'm scared I won't be able to handle it... My date is August 6th. So I have no choice so it's mind over matter!

The liquid diet is definitely doable, you can do this. Make sure to load up on Water throughout the day.

Why do you have to be on liquids til September 9th? That seem like an awful long time, you are sure to lose weight like that. Are you incorporating physical activity, that should maximize weight loss.

Today I discovered blue diamond almond milk to make my shakes with. It is yummy! I bought the the unsweetened kind, it's only 30 calories for 8 oz cup. The sweetened is 80 calories. I love it!

Today I discovered blue diamond almond milk to make my shakes with. It is yummy! I bought the the unsweetened kind' date=' it's only 30 calories for 8 oz cup. The sweetened is 80 calories. I love it![/quote']

This is what I have been using. Note, the Silk brand has a bad aftertaste. Blue Diamond is the best!

I've tried the vanilla unsweetened blue diamond almond milk, and like that a lot.....love that it has only 30 calories (another find via the VST board).

Great picture

Why do you have to be on liquids til September 9th? That seem like an awful long time' date=' you are sure to lose weight like that. Are you incorporating physical activity, that should maximize weight loss.[/quote']

My pcp wants me on it longer than the typical 2weeks because of my high triglyceride levels..blahhhh

I am on the liquid preop diet. I just started my fit pal but my intake is something like this:

4 Protein shakes with un sweetened Almond Milk

2-4 sugar free Jello

1 sugar free Popsicle

At least 80-100 ounces of Water

I should mention that I am on day 5 of my 14 day preop' date=' I will be sleeved on July 31st.

[/quote']

How are you doing post-op? Thanks for the meal plan.