Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Post Op Full Liquid Diet?

I am still on my pre op 2 week liquid diet and have 10 days to go. However I like to plan ahead and I want to have everything ready for when I return home. I have 2 days of clear liquid (day of surgery and day after) then days 3-15 are "full liquid". Any suggestions for full liquid. These shakes aren't wonderful but it's definitely mind over matter :)

Thanks for the help!!!

Time is ticking slow in Texas...

What I have discovered is that everything is sweet. The shakes, sugar free Popsicles even the liquid pain killer. Sweet, sweet, sweet. I was so happy to have cream of chicken Soup. I couldn't eat much that is for sure but it was just so nice to have something other than sweet. I am ordering the Unjury Chicken soup Monday.

What I have discovered is that everything is sweet. The shakes' date=' sugar free Popsicles even the liquid pain killer. Sweet, sweet, sweet. I was so happy to have cream of chicken Soup. I couldn't eat much that is for sure but it was just so nice to have something other than sweet. I am ordering the unjury chicken soup Monday.[/quote']

Is the Unjury chicken soup broth? I am struggling with variety now because I can't stomach broth!?!?

It is called Unjury chicken Soup on their website. The reviews I have read are pretty positive.

Is that all your doing on the full liquid?

No' date=' I also did some Isopure, unflavored Protein powder mixed in clears, Jello, etc. but the broth tasted most like real food.[/quote']

I was told on the full liquids that I could do stuff like thinned out Soups and yogurt as well... Thanks for responding, I am 10 days till surgery and so excited. Really inspired by everyone on this site.. Thanks

You might want to check with your surgeon, but mine said it was ok for me to have oatmeal during my post op full liquid diet. He just said that I have to make sure it is really creamy, not thick. I add Protein to my oatmeal as well. I can also have pudding, yogurt, and creamy Soups.< /p>

I'm addicted to the creamy Tomato by Campbell's Soup on the go. It's on 5 g fat in the container. You can add Protein to it also. Very good

My surgery was Monday so I'm 3 days out. I'm on full liquids for the next 2 weeks. My nut came to see me before I left and gave me a list of foods I could have these next 2 weeks. Decaf coffee/tea with sugar substitute. sugar free Popsicles and Jello. Blended/strained/creamed Soups. Cream of wheat, cream of rice, or malt o meal Cereal. Light yogurt and sugar free custard and pudding. Thinned mashed potatoes no sugar added carnation Breakfast essentials, Protein supplements

My surgery was Monday so I'm 3 days out. I'm on full liquids for the next 2 weeks. My nut came to see me before I left and gave me a list of foods I could have these next 2 weeks. Decaf coffee/tea with sugar substitute. sugar free Popsicles and Jello. Blended/strained/creamed Soups. Cream of wheat' date=' cream of rice, or malt o meal cereal. Light yogurt and sugar free custard and pudding. Thinned mashed potatoes no sugar added carnation breakfast essentials, Protein supplements[/quote']

Thanks- I have surgery 1 week from today. Who is your doctor?

My dr is Dean McDaniel out of Victoria. Who are you using?

My dr is Dean McDaniel out of Victoria. Who are you using?

Dr. Yu in Houston