Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Most embarassing moment so far

My bowels finally moved this morning at 5am .. While I was sleeping ! I was so ashamed I started crying. Yes I'm a 27 year old who **** there bed.. My boyfriend was helping me change the sheets than helped me into the shower. I was mortified. Of coarse all the boyfriend could say " it's ok honey, **** happens." Yep that made me cry harder.

Nope havnt taken anything. I have to keep running to the toilet every 20 mins I'm worried a out dehydration

It's ok..I had diarrhea in the middle of the drug store while buying diapers for my son.. ironic huh? Then I got to drive all the way home before I could get cleaned up. Fun fun!

I can see why you would be embarrassed! Sounds like your boyfriend is a keeper.

At least you were at home. For a very long time after surgery I had diarrhea almost every time I ate. It happened a couple times in the car, once had to drive 2 hours home sitting in gobs of poop. How embarrassing is that? Then they finally did blood work and I was anemic. I got my Iron levels up and this stopped. So maybe you are anemic. Just a thought.

I was at my moms house and thought I had to pass gas...I was wrong! Thank God it was just my mom! Glad you have an understanding BF!

Ashlee, other than this, how have you been post op? How many days out are you?

This is one situation I'm really not prepared for....Sounds like your BF is a keeper! Not every man would assist in the clean up.

Don't worry, Ashlee. We have all experienced embarrassing moments with our bowels at one time or another (happened to me in a hotel in India when I was your age! No boyfriend to help me, but very embarrassing to explain to housekeeping...)

Anyway, God bless Hathery for finding humor in her harrowing tale of the unexpected. Read on: http://www.verticalsleevetalk.com/topic/84111-my-dumping-syndrome-horror-story-read-if-you-dare/page__hl__%2Bbeer+%2Band+%2Bcheese+%2Bsoup

Chin up, my dear :) it will be worth all the trouble in the end~

Your boyfriend is very understanding of the process. Yes, it is embarrassimg...but he is a keeper.

This happened to me 3 times while inpatient and twice after I was home. Now I'm battling severe Constipation and have been for about 6 weeks. I would love to find a middle ground at this point! I'm 3 months post-op.

Ok I'm buying depends TODAY. My God... I think this guy is marriage material after your experience :) I feel for your situation and I get sleeved Friday so IM GOING TO BE IN THE SAME BOAT!!!! Big hugs!!!!

I learned early on in this process never to trust a fart. Just when you start to get comfortable, SHART happens.

I did it at the pool the other day. I thought I had a gas bubble and it wasn't. :blink: Fortunately, I wasn't in the Water and I was able to "contain" the incident until I got to the locker room. Thank GAWD for showers at the gym, right? I am 8 weeks out so you'd think my body would have figured all this out, but nope. I am now carrying a change of clothes in the car with me at all times. Yup. Like you would for a toddler.

Suck it up. It's happened to most of us, it will happen again. You are so lucky to have someone that loves you enough to accept this and help you through it. This will be funny in a few weeks, I promise.

I had my surg Wednesday so I can I can feel lucky that I had a bowel movement this soon I have read threads where people went for weeks. And yes I think the boyfriend is marriage material. I will never trust a fart again lol I think for the next week or so I will be sleeping on too of a bed pad. Like they use in the nursing home. At least until all the gas from surgery is gone Other than that I'm able to drink more fluids today than I have been so I'm not as worried about dehydration as I was. Protein is my major issue right now every time I try and drink a shake I vomit. Maybe it's just to soon