Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Had my sleeve done yesterday

Going through a lot of mixed feelings, I am in a lot of pain. I'm supposed to go home from the hospital today, and it makes me nervous about the incision pain and that they've drained my bag about 4 times. I just wish the pain would go away :( I keep reminding myself pain is only weakness leaving the body and to keep on truckin. <3 feel free to send some some good vibes and support.

I am only 11 days out from my surgery so I remember where you are right now. It does get better every single day. I didn't have a drainage tube so I didn't have to deal with that. But, I did have to have a foley catheter put in and they had wanted me to go home with it. I refused. They took it out and I was fine. I am a bit "old school" I guess when it comes to hospital stays. You don't stay in until you are better anymore. You stay in just long enough to just be stable. And it seems they try to push that even. Most of us would say to take your pain med as often as you possibly can - don't try to "brave it". Besides it just makes the pain tolerable - doesn't take it away. But, that get better - I promise. On the day that you are at right now, I kept saying to myself - "What have I done!!" I should have never done this. But, that feeling does go away. My prayers for a speedy recovery are with you.

Sharon

Gabaliciousz, I know what your feeling as I had surgery last week. I didn't want to go home the next day either but if you do, make sure you walk around often because it will help with the pain, I SWEAR! The second day was a nightmare for me too! After that, each day was better. I haven't been on my pain meds since the first day I came home. Good luck!

Going through a lot of mixed feelings, I am in a lot of pain. I'm supposed to go home from the hospital today, and it makes me nervous about the incision pain and that they've drained my bag about 4 times. I just wish the pain would go away :( I keep reminding myself pain is only weakness leaving the body and to keep on truckin. <3 feel free to send some some good vibes and support.

Do NOT hesitate to ask for pain meds if they haven't given you any!

What is the drain for? Some get it some don't why is this.

Thank you everyone for your very kind words. This was my first surgery and wasnt expecting this much discomfort. Don't get me wrong could be worse. They have me on dalaudin? And now gave me Tylenol since that is what I'll go home with. my surgeon should be here by 5 and let me

Know if I can go or not. I'm surprised by the switch of meds since one was making me

Fall asleep and no pain and this really is just making the pain bearable. The drain is for Fluid in my stomach or around my stomach? Not 100% sure. I've been doing okay with sipping on Water and has a few spoonfuls of broth, they still ha w me on an Iv to hydrate me, just wish the pain was gone. thank you everyone again.

I would tell the nurse that you are in a lot of pain still. They gave me a pain shot when they took me off of dilaudid. I say don't hesitate to let them know about your pain.

Congrats on your surgery. We are here to support you.

I'm really relieved that my Doc will keep me in the hospital for 2 nights, especially since he's in Mexico and I will be returning to Orlando. Any post-op issues will have to be managed at home. My PCP will be seeing me 6 weeks post op. If anything goes seriously wrong, I'll have to go to the ED. Dr. Alvarez will send me home with a operative report, so I'll have documentation of exactly what was done. I'm anticipating a smooth uneventful recovery... but I have to be realistic too.