Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

More f*&%#ing SNOW!

I have never wanted to move away from Colorado in the winter before. Now I do. It is snowing here AGAIN! This is our third major storm in as many weeks. The snow from the past 2 weeks just started to melt a bit this week and WHAM! More freakin' SNOW!!!

I am so irritated I could spit. I guess I picked the wrong week to quit smoking?? :)

That sucks, and for me it's personal. I'm supposed to head out there in a little over a week to get sliced and diced. I will be watching the weather reports very closely now.

I guess I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue.

The weather is F'd up this year. I didn't even need to wear a coat today. TN usually has fairly cold weather. My sis in Aurora is over it too! Hang in there!

Maybe this will give you a much-needed laugh...

This text is from a county emergency manager out in the Western part of Colorado after the recent snow storm.

WEATHER BULLETIN

Up here in mountainous Colorado we just recovered from a Historic event--- may I even say a "Weather Event" of "Biblical Proportions" --- with a historic blizzard of up to 44" inches of snow and winds to 90 MPH that broke trees in half, knocked down utility poles, stranded hundreds of motorists in lethal snow banks, closed ALL roads, isolated scores of communities and cut power to 10's of thousands.

FYI:

George Bush did not come.

FEMA did nothing.

No one howled for the government.

No one blamed the government.

No one even uttered an expletive on TV.

Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton did not visit.

Our Mayor's did not blame Bush or anyone else.

Our Governor did not blame Bush or anyone else either

CNN, ABC, CBS, FOX, or NBC did not visit - or report on this category 5 snow storm

Nobody demanded $2,000 debit cards.

No one asked for a FEMA Trailer House.

No one looted.

Nobody - I mean Nobody demanded the government do something.

Nobody expected the government to do anything either.

No Larry King, No Katie Couric, No Oprah, No Chris Mathews and No Geraldo Rivera

No Sean Penn, No Barbara Striesand, No Hollywood types to be found.

Nope, we just melted the snow for Water.

Sent out caravans of SUV's to pluck people out of snow engulfed cars.

The truck drivers pulled people out of snow banks and didn't ask for a penny.

Local restaurants made food, and the police and fire departments delivered it to the snow bound families.

Families took in the stranded people - total strangers.

We Fired up wood stoves, broke out coal oil lanterns or Coleman lanterns.

We put on an extra layers of clothes because up here it is "Work or Die."

We did not wait for some affirmative action government to get us out of a mess created by being immobilized by a welfare program that trades votes for 'sitting at home' checks.

Even though a Category "5" blizzard of this scale has never fallen this early, we know it can happen and how to deal with it ourselves.

"In my many travels, I have noticed that once one gets north of about 48 degrees North Latitude, 90% of the world's social problems evaporate."

It does seem that way, at least to me.

I hope this gets passed on.

Maybe SOME people will get the message The world does Not owe you a living.

I am going to Mexico in Feb to be banned has anyone had Dr. Arturo Rodriquez do their band? Any comments about him?

I was banded by Dr. Rodriguez in Monterrey in May 2006. He's great. The big hospital is heavenly and you should spend the extra bucks and stay at the Hilton. I had no problems and the nurses were excellent though you should learn to say "dolor" which means pain. If you say that, they'll give you something for it and you'll just sleep a lot. I loved my trip to Monterrey. Make sure the Dr. Rodriguez you are using is the correct Dr. Rodriguez since some other guy is using that name. You should go to Monterrey and nowhere else. If you stay at the Hilton, try the bean Soup with avocados and cheese. It's good. Let us know how it goes.

Ah, beautiful Colorado!! Even here in Pueblo, where we are usually in our own little world, and the snow usually bypasses us when the rest of the state is getting hammered, we are getting dumped on!! I am so over it! Yesterday was 61 degrees--today maybe 30. It's just crazy! Carlene--thanks for passing that on--it just goes to show that we take care of our own here in Colorful Colorado! I was very proud of myself today though--even though we were in the middle of a snowstorm, I still went to the gym and worked out today!:clap2: Can't wait to see what tomorrow brings!

Carlene...loved your poem/story.

I live in Victoria, BC but I am from Northern Alberta. You are right, when it snows heavily, we just push each other out...people stay with friends, and people without power get hot meals from friends and neighbors.

When it is -30 and colder (Celcius) we leave our vehicles running throughout the night and take our kids to school and ourselves to work. Here in Victoria, the schools close at the first sign of snow, I think it is hilarious!

Our weather in Victoria has been horrible for the last couple of months. We had rain for over 40 days in a row and it has been pouring for days, even weeks. If it was snow I can't even imagine how much it would be!

I have had enough! Roads are flooded, people have been without power for up to a week at a time, and we all need some sunshine!

Maybe I should go to Mexico for a fill...it takes about a week right?

Anyway...this too shall end...

I feel for you!

WE had snow yesterday and today... Nothing stuck, but still, snow in Seattle...

We lost power for over a week, and man, was it cold! We finally resorted to spending a night at my husband's work because they had power, and we had temps down in the 20's. COLD.

Not the best time to have house guests...

Hope ya'll are not having the problems we did with folks bringing in generators and BBQ grills and ending up with carbon-monoxyde poisoning...

Ah, beautiful Colorado!! Even here in Pueblo, where we are usually in our own little world, and the snow usually bypasses us when the rest of the state is getting hammered, we are getting dumped on!! I am so over it! Yesterday was 61 degrees--today maybe 30. It's just crazy! Carlene--thanks for passing that on--it just goes to show that we take care of our own here in Colorful Colorado! I was very proud of myself today though--even though we were in the middle of a snowstorm, I still went to the gym and worked out today!:clap2: Can't wait to see what tomorrow brings!
A long time friend of mine (from the early 1960's) keeps trying to get me to move to Pueblo.

Nice post Carlene.

DrewsLou,

Being from Houston, I have the exact opposite reaction in about August, praying for rain or something to cool the heat. I am sorry it has been rough this year for you guys up there.

Strangely enough, we have broken several "cold records" this year in Houston, while other people around the country have broken "warm records". I agree, this has been very strange weather this year.

And up here in Toronto, Canada, we haven't seen snow yet this year. Our daytime temperatures have been in the 40s and 50s. I've been wearing shoes and light jackets. I have a couple of gorgeous sheepskin coats that haven't been getting much use over the last few years. I would love to see some snow - just for the novelty of it. In our part of the world the ski resort operators are crying the blues. Perhaps I should visit Colorado - if I can get a flight in that is.