Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Xmas weight gain

Dear Fellow bandits has any one but me gained weight over the holidays? I was banded 11 21 o6 and have never felt any restriction at all to this date. I feel like I never had surgery and never went into the pureed form of foods and never felt any ill effects from this. I see my surgeon today and I am scared he is going to say I am a failure. I am scared to be weighed but I have to face the music for failing myself, could anyone relate to me on this? I feel so alone in this matter and defeated. Thanks for having this site so I could vent my frustrations and anxieties.

We can all relate thats why were here. You are not a failure. It took a strong person just to have the surgery!!!!!!! Stop beating yourself up. It honestly takes a while for your brain to realize a new lifestyle. Take it one step at a time. You can do this!!!!!!

Last night I ate a piece of cake with ice cream, it it almost killed me, but today, I have learned thats a no-no. Try to do better. Sometimes I feel like Im in grade school all over again....today were gonna learn this...tomorrow this...ha ha ha ha

You are not alone in the weight gain Makemelean, lots of us gained over the holidays, do not beat yourself up over it. You will not have much restriction until you have your first fill.

No you are not alone lots of us have gone through the same thing, and you will be okay, just hang in there, let us know what the surgeon has to say, and please do not think of yourself as a failure. :hug:

Good luck

Maria :)

Dear Irishmist[Maria] and White 06 thank you for your response, I do feel better and I will let you know what the Dr. tells me today. I guess the band may need a fill , maybe I will get that today I hope it doesnt hurt badly. Do any of you know about what a fill may cost ? Does insurance cover it? Thanks again for making me feel not so alone .

I was banded on 10/19 and gained 4 lbs over the holidays. As of today, that 4 lbs is gone. Don't worry about not feeling restriction, I have not felt it either. today I had fill #3, I hope this one does it.

My dr. gives me a fairly painless shot to numb the area before the fill. ONce this is done, I don't feel a thing!

Whats nice for me is that this year is the first year I can remember that I've gained over the holidays and got right back on track to make sure that a little gain doesn't turn into a huge gain.

Good luck and Happy New year to all

To white o6 and Irishmist I saw my Dr. on 1-5-07and I did gain 2 lbs. he said I must follow the program a lot better . He didnt yell and said I will get my first fill on 2-9-07. He will use an X-ray to guide him to the right spot, I sure hope that I feel restriction and fullness after that fill. I wish I could get back on track easier it is hard to do when you feel hungry. Does any one know of a good appetite suppressant? My husband says the next band will go around my throat, his crude sense of humor. I am going to my fitness center today and restarting my Water aerobics I hope that helps me lose these extra lbs. Continued sucess to you both and fellow bandsters. lets keep in touch Patty in Pa. (makemelean)

:drama: MAKEMELEAN

Like your hubby said......I need a band around my neck!!! I ate everything and anything within my reach during the holidays!!!.

So now I'm eating Kashi (cereal) with fat-free milk (how come everything that is healthy and good tastes like cardboard? lol.)

I don't even wanna know how much weight I gain. I'm going to be super good for a whole week and then...... I'll weight myself.

Let's get back on the saddle .

:gluck:

Makemalean

I got my THird fill this past Fri and FINALLY I feel restriction. I had none at all before this. As a matter of fact, I was telling everyone at the last support meeting I went to that I could eat anything, I never had anything get stuck and certainly never had one of those dreaful pb's everyone talks about. Well, all that has changed. Since this fill I am finally feeling and experiencing what others have been talking about. I ordered a small prime rib the other night at a restaraunt and got three meals out of it. Now, I don't like to brag but.............before the band I would order the king cut and eat just about the whole thing, along with the side dishes.

Patience is not one of my strong suits but I am finally there!!!!!!!!

I hope that you will consider waiting for a couple of fills before you go the appetite suppressant route. I am confident the band will do its job if you give it time. I know, earier said than done.

Good luck, keep us posted