Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Fast Day

clk
Sign in to follow this  

I figured I'd post this so that I have this sort of extra note to myself about how I'm going to stick with my fast. But also so we can share menus and ideas and compare our fast days.

~Cheri

Today's Menu:

Water, lots and lots and lots

Protein coffee: 120 calories

Hard boiled egg: 80 calories

1 egg scrambled with cheese, 2 strips of turkey bacon: 180 calories

Protein shake: 100 calories

Total: 480 calories

Add in whatever flavored drops/Crystal Light I'll be drinking in that Water and I'll hit 500 today.

I going to be fasting on Mondays and Thursdays. It was easier at work than when I tried a tuesday. Tuesdays I work at 1pm and off in the morning.

I m really hungry but I don't want to eat til 11 so I can have a snack tonight.

I've lost 2 lbs this week from this new way of eating. I didn't gain it back after fasting. I am excited!

Today's fast menu:

vanilla Protein coffee: 120 calories

tuna salad (no crackers or bread): 115 calories

chicken (leftover from sweet and sour chicken - no sauce, 5 pieces or 2.5 oz): 140 calories

Salad: 40 calories

chocolate Protein shake: 100 calories

Total: 530 calories

Oregon, I also fast Monday and Thursdays, I like the extra day in between and the one less day for the longer stretch.

I always try to stick to basically the same thing for my meals on fast days.

No Breakfast

12:00pm-1:00pm - lunch which is plain greek yogurt flavored with stevia, strawberries and all bran or bran buds plus a half a cup of milk to take my Vitamins, usually works out to 240-250 calories with the milk (if I don't take my Vitamins with milk, I feel like I am going to throw up)

5-6pm - supper which is always chicken, either a boneless, skinless chicken breast or a skinless chicken thigh. Then I also just have a whole bunch of low carb veggies like Beans, salad, broccoli. Usually my suppers come in really low, around 150 calories and never more than 200 calories.

8-9pm - if I have calories left, I will have a snack. Sometimes a little bit of fruit, sometimes more yogurt, depending on home many calories I have left

Today is fast day and I'm doing well. I had half of a Protein Bar before my appointment with the trainer and ate the other half after we worked out. So I have 300 calories left and it's 4pm. I am going to go with a slice of bison meat loaf I made last night. I don't know the calories but I am sure it would not be over 300.

My bf has a bison ranch. Bison has the lowest fat & cholesterol and lowest calorie of all meat, by the way. It's lower than even chicken or fish.

Today is fast day and I'm doing well. I had half of a Protein bar before my appointment with the trainer and ate the other half after we worked out. So I have 300 calories left and it's 4pm. I am going to go with a slice of bison meat loaf I made last night. I don't know the calories but I am sure it would not be over 300.

My bf has a bison ranch. Bison has the lowest fat & cholesterol and lowest calorie of all meat, by the way. It's lower than even chicken or fish.

Oh, I am so jealous. I really like bison, but it is hard to come by around here and really expensive!

Well, I tried to have chicken stirfry for dinner and only managed as all portion of it. Only 243 calls today so far and it's 7pm. Anybody experiencing MUCH MORE restriction doing 5:2? I think I had made myself believe it was holding more when in reality it was sliding more stuff through that I ate! :(. I cannot get much at all dense Protein down STILL, And I eat wayyy too fast.

I've never tried bison! But it sounds yummy.

Georgia sometimes after a fast day my restriction seems greater. But honestly I've never struggled getting my 500 calories in! :P

Oh and I've always eaten fast I just can't help it all those years of shoving vast amounts in. I just cannot break that habit.

I notice the restriction more on the fast days. I feel starving and feel like I could eat a ton, but then I can't. I can still eat a small chicken breast and some veggies no problem though. And only came in at 384 calories yesterday. Usually I have a snack if I am that low, but I didn't feel like it yesterday.

And I am still a bit of a fast eater, but usually know when to stop. Fast days are a little hard because I am actually hungry when I eat, so then I tend to eat a lot faster than I normally would.

I've never tried bison! But it sounds yummy.

Georgia' date=' Oh and I've always eaten fast I just can't help it all those years of shoving vast amounts in. I just cannot break that habit.[/quote']

Me too. I've always drank a LOT of liquid and eaten fast. Even As a child. I think that's why I can't get as much in ( and maybe that's a good thing!)

Interesting fast day.. I had a really bad day yesterday, that keeps trying to spill over into today. I get it people some of you hate me!

Well last night I ate out of frustration, not hunger and well after 7pm. When I got up this morning I said no way no flipping fast today. And I was starving! But I am unhappy and I know it would make me more unhappy, so fasting I did.

After 12:30 or so the hunger left me I didn't eat until tonight. Total calories 337. I don't anticipate weight loss from today though because of stress and lack of Water the last two days..

Since I'm out here and am not strong enough to eat at the difac on fast days, It's just Protein Shakes and Jerky. If I were home, it would probably be a morning shake, tuna salad with cucumber "crackers" for lunch, baked fish for dinner or a dessert Protein Shake. That would probably get me around 550-600 cals, about 60-70g Protein.< /p>

Oh god oh god oh god, its a fast day and nearing the end of the work day and I feel so empty and I REALLY WANT TO EAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I've had a double Protein Shake made with milk and have only enough calories left for a double portion of beef Jerky, to bring me up to 580 cals. I'm chain-chewing sugar free gum like a madwoman, I just want to EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAT!

Is there a giant salad or steamed veggies available? Maybe some bulk with a single serving of Jerky?