Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Steady losers ;-)

I need help from a "steady loser"! I was banded on March 20. I lost 40 pounds but have been the same for 2 1/2 months. I had my first fill in June (Dr. Fegelman, Jewish Hospital, Cincinnati). I am still feeling hungry yet have difficulty eating some foods such as chicken and bread.. How do I know that I need another fill? I have 2cc in a 4cc band. I want to be a "steady loser" but I can't seem to figure this band out. Please help!

I need help from a "steady loser"! I was banded on March 20. I lost 40 pounds but have been the same for 2 1/2 months. I had my first fill in June (Dr. Fegelman, Jewish Hospital, Cincinnati). I am still feeling hungry yet have difficulty eating some foods such as chicken and bread.. How do I know that I need another fill? I have 2cc in a 4cc band. I want to be a "steady loser" but I can't seem to figure this band out. Please help!

Ok, first thing first it is not your job by yourself to figure your band out, your Dr is there to help you.

How much exercise are you doing? I will be the 1st one to tell you, you have to exercise. If you are not loosing it is the first place to look.

Secondly, not being able to eat bread doesn't mean you are too tight. Bread is a no no. The gluten in the bread expands in your stomach and causes problems. Chicken can be a problem if you aren't chewing it well enough.

Then, how many calories are you taking in in one day and how much protien? Those can also be causes for you not to loose.

Those are the first places to look BEFORE you ask if you need a fill, because if you aren't doing those even with a filll you will still not loose weight!

Feel free to pm me if you want support or have more questions, but all of us on this thread are great at help and encouragement! :)

Brandy - Thank you! No, I have not been exercising but I am eating so much less than before. I assumed that I would lose weight just by eating less.

I also have PCOS which makes my body want to hold on to the fat. I

purchased the "Walk a Mile " videos yesterday and I am going to start exercising. I just joined Fitday and i am going to log my food daily.

I know the band is just a tool but I see now that I need to do my part.

Again, Thank you for responding. This is one of my favorite threads!

I have PCOS too! :-) a fellow "cyster" -- hehe

The band works great for that... get yourself on fitday.com and track all of your calories... watch your CARBS!! especially since you have PCOS... BIG no no!! Keep them less than 60 MAX. If you do eat them, make sure they are good whole grains.

Exercise!! I was stuck for about a month and a 1/2 -- had to step up the exercise big time!

Good luck fellow bandster/fellow cyster! Glad you enjoy the thread. We all work hard to keep eachother in check here and you are more than welcome to come pick our brains. Feel free to PM me any questions you may have too!!!

PCOS here, too...

Went on Mirena today because I was sick of Provera. F'ing painful experience!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway...

I think my 3rd fill is working wonderfully! Since I've stayed away from alcohol, I've been losing a pound a day. I am losing the bit I gained so I'm not ahead, but I feel positive about it. I finally feel what restriction feels like. I love it!

I was taken off my metformin at the time of surgery. Should I be back on my medication for PCOS? Are any of you bandsters taking meds for PCOS with the band? I see my doctor on Wednesday. You have all been so helpful.

I feel way more positive this morning.

Thanks!

Im off all of my PCOS meds -- except Yasmin... it delivers a little low dose estrogen with the birth control -- so I still take it daily.

Everything else went "good bye" with the surgery! Thank goodness!

good morning - well I have to agree with everyone else, exercise is the key to weight loss. Although my fricking scale isn't moving! Dang this change of life crap, I'm late on my period AGAIN, so I'm hoping when (and if it EVER) comes I'll drop a few pounds. Plus its so humid, hot and sticky!!! I'm wondering if I'm retaining some fluids. I've been walking a mile every morning and 2 miles in the evening - I feel proud of myself :) I'm still struggling to keep my calories below 1300, I know if I could just get to the 900-1000 range I'd lose faster.

Is anyone going to tell kuebel the truth about the "steady losers" hehe :lol: or has our name taken on a new meaning?

Well, Steph -- it will always have the double meaning to all of US -- but i must admit we are a HOT bunch of losers!! and pretty damn steady at it too! hehe

Seriously, as a group we have really stuck together through thick and THIN! or at least we will keep right on sticking together until we get THIN! haha. I think we are very steady losers in more ways than one.

But yes, kuebel -- this thread basically consists of a bunch of us who were banded last December :-) We all got along so well and LOVE each other so much that we started calling each other our "steadies" -- We started this thread to keep track of each other because we also picked up a few other people along they way that were not December '06 bandsters.

So, yes -- we've turned out to be weight-losin' ass kickin machines! BUT TRUST me that is from alot of hardwork and WITH alot of road blocks along the way.

There is nothing "steady"" about the wieght loss from day to day. some days its up -- some days it is down! Overall??? This group is as steady as they come!

Love my girls! We keep ourselves in check!

I have to add that we always welcome anyone who wants to join in. And when Boo gets that book finished we're all going on Oprah! Right ladies?

So Isabelle tell us how you do it? Where are you keeping your calories? How much do you exercise?