Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

GT - i can feel the weight of that devastating news. I don't have words of comfort that mean anything really, I know that, except you aren't really alone. I don't know about your family, but people can be amazing and do more for you then you might ever imagine.

When my younger sis breast cancer came back and quickly advanced to bone cancer I organized a "share the care" team. People came out of the woodwork to help. Coworkers from two jobs ago came out to care for Linda. i coordinated the volunteers so she was never alone. Her situation was obviously acute over chronic and she died at age 40 - to me a very cruel fate as well. I still think women don't really come into their "own" until they hit 40 and she missed that chance. But, the shining star for me was my faith in human beings went way up - i was raised to never ask for help and yet when I did... it was like a miracle. I still tear up thinking about a group of around 25 people all pitching in to help ease my sister through such a difficult time.

I feel bad that you are facing this, but i am pleased you are empowering yourself to TAKE IT ON. Now I see why you were interested in the vitamix... wouldn't something like that really help you get in massive veggies? That is the reason I want to get one - I know I don't get enough veggies in because it is all about the Protein and I worry about long term health effects. I am thinking if I can blend them up with protein at least once a day, I can get a substantial serving in.

I am thinking about going for the blentec after reading all the reviews though still choking at the cost. Can you order and have something like that shipped to you? Germany has AMAZING appliances (lived there for 2 years, those people know how to engineer household appliances!) so if you get sent back there for any reason, another alternative.

Have you joined online support groups for MS? People following that protocol? I encourage you to keep taking empowering actions and to share your fears, victories and setbacks. {{{{HUGS}}}}

{{{{{GT}}}}}

Thanks for telling us. We are HERE for you. I know what you mean about being homeless...but we're not.

<3

Globe, I truly admire your courage right now. And yes, it might be somewhat forced on you but that's when your true colors shine ( as our dear friend cyndi Lauper sang).

As others have said, I have no background to advise or would even try but my heart and prayers are covering you today and in the days ahead.

I think I'm in a singing mode today so "lean in me, when you're not strong, and I'll be your friend, I'll help you carry on!"" That's what we are gonna do. Help you CARRY ON.

BTW, I have a friend who has lived for many years successfully with a full life and wonderful career and family with MS. You can too, I believe. You are taking affirmative action and being proactive with your health and I believe they will pay off for you!!!

Globe....I am so sorry. What s huge, huge burden you are carrying right now. Especially along with everything else that has happened over the last year. Thanks for sharing with us, we are all here for you. If you want to come back to the states you are welcome to come to WI and stay with us. I don't "know" you but am serious about the offer, we have a place in our basement that is fixed up. Hugs to you. I am also a believer in prayer so I will be lifting you up in prayer, too!

More ((((hugs))))) to you globe.

I know being so young having a diagnoses like that must be scary...

I'm not an expert at MS, but my MIL has it and so far it's been managed. I hope you have the same luck. It sounds like the good nutrition regimen you've started helps.

Hang in there.

Well, on this Halloween morning my fast just got somewhat sidetracked when a sweet little older lady client brought in a plate of homemade Peanut Butter snicker doodles!! Yep, I are one. No calorie count yet. :)

Looks like about 290!!!!

Edited by Georgia

Georgia, they were the zero calories ones, 20g Protein and 2g carbs - I think that she was muttering as she left!!

Georgia' date=' they were the zero calories ones, 20g Protein and 2g carbs - I think that she was muttering as she left!![/quote']

I can only WISH! I walked to the door again to get another one and turned around! Yay me! (For now). Loll. And ARE there such a thing. If so I want the recipe!!! Ha!

Ok I'm fasting wish me luck I will need it today!

If I can get through today I cam get through anything.!

Did I mention today is Halloween? Oh and it's my brother birthday? And that I have a bag of candy downstairs? That I still have to call my mom and spend hours (ok hopefully only minutes but it will seem like hours) on the phone with that emotional vampire.

I'm trying to get 20 miles in today on the bike, I'm at 15 don't know how much more I can do, but I'm trying :)

This morning the scale gave up 149! I broke the 150# barrier! I expect my new bounce range to be in the 145-148 range once the swelling is gone, so i am very excited. My boyfriend, who is a skinny guy, told me don't lose anymore since I look like a 1940s pinup girl and just about perfect...ha. My friend Priscilla that helped me in Mexico, she got very concerned when I mentioned trying to get another 10 off and I really thought about it, i feel comfortable where I am at. My BMI is normal, certainly at the high end of that range, but it seems to fit for me. I think my next fitness goals are around reducing body fat % - my home scale sad 28.3% - I think 25% is a good target over the longer term.

That is awesome Jane!! I'm so close I can taste it (I've been hovering at 151) But girl I want those 140's... so I will live vicariously through you until it happens! Yay! 140's!!!

Edited by laura-ven

Quick check in, hope everyone is well. Feast day but somehow it's winding up like a fast day. I'm at 220 calories and it's well past lunch. dinner menu: challah, matzo ball Soup, roasted chicken, spinach and strawberry salad, chickpea salad, green salad, roasted brussels sprouts. I'm on a veggie kick and trying to teach the family that you don't need potatoes! In any case, I might end today closer to 700 calories, IF I eat a small piece of challah. Otherwise, I'm going to come in like a fast day, but at the rate I'm going I figure that can't hurt.

OD, that date would have bothered me. It's a shame he seems to have a hangup about larger people. Was he formerly fat himself? I met a woman that does the SAME thing, and it turned out that she was really incredibly judgmental of anyone that hadn't lost the weight because she managed to do it herself.

Hang in there for the weekend, ladies. Not sure about the rest of you but I find them harder - mostly because I'm up later and the snack demons bother me in the evening! I made some hummus today, though, so I'm planning to crunch if the desire to munch gets too strong.

Oh, and a picture of my adorable little setback follows. She's such a stinker. I hate losing and regaining these last ten pounds but this little turkey was well worth it, even if I'm frustrated at times. Try, all times. But c'mon, isn't she cute? Seven months old this week, can you believe how time flies?

~Cheri

post-1209-13838396775332_thumb.jpg

OMG! What a beautiful little bundle of joy! :P

Just reading this thread today has been a journey with so many emotions. It just goes to show, everyone has a story. And as I read each response, especially about the fatsuit, the use of food, I think, "we sound exactly like recovering alcoholics or drug users" Avoid people and situations that we frequented in our "using" days, avoid triggers... fall off the wagon, get back on, abstinence ...

This VST support group, you guys, are invaluable. So much awful has happened in the last year and a half; lost my job, broke up with my boyfriend, lost my father, lost my home, audited by the IRS, deployed to Afghanistan, death and destruction all around, fear, and now my health.

There are 6 people in my world who know this, you will be the 7th en toto.

I was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis, also known as MS. That is the real reason why I went to Germany, we don't have MRI capabilities here. I am 31.

Devastated is a paltry word, not nearly covering what I have felt since the soft diagnosis July 17th or the confirmed dx on September 23rd. Bereft, grief-stricken, angry, depressed, hopeless, angry, sad, flat, scared shitless.

While I was in Germany I had good commercial internet access, wifi, and I was able to spend a lot of time on YouTube, looking up people's video diaries about life with MS, treatment, etc. That is how I discovered Dr. Terry Wahls and her protocol. I encourage you all to look up her TedTalk on Youtube. It's not just that she started eating salads and voila her MS is gone. No. But being a Dr., and being willing to experiment on herself, and having nothing to lose, she started doing her research. She wrote a book called Minding my Mitochondria (god how I wish I could get that book). Long story short, she was confined to a tilt recline wheelchair and now rides horses through the rockies and rides her bike to work every day.

So, I'm stuck here because if I were sent home, where would I go? I have no home, I truly am homeless. If I were sent to the US, I would be unemployed, which means no health insurance. Because of the IRS I now have no nest egg to fall back on. Bizarre as it may seem, I am getting better support and care out here than I would be in the US.

And so I do what I can to attempt to follow the Wahl's Protocol. It calls for 9 cups of veggies a day, all colors, sulfurus. No wheat, dairy, soy, or corn. Obviously no sugar. Lots of Omega 3 rich foods, B6,B12, and D, grass fed hormone free etc. organ meats, seaweed or other iodine rich foods, and electrotherapy for muscle stimulation.

MS is a neurological condition which, more and more, Drs are starting to realize a link between neuro and autoimmune disorders, which in turn they are discovering are linked to gut health/permeability. So it may all have started with Leaky Gut Syndrome, I don't know. All I know is that at 31 yrs old, I had only just one beautiful year of living, post VSG. One year of being a real woman with potential and a future and life and beauyty.

The song from Rent, "will I lose my dignity" keeps running through my head, ..."will I wake tomorrow, from this nightmare?"

I am so sorry you have to go through this.....it just plain sucks! I'm glad that your being proactive with Dr Wahls book and diet, it can only help you. My prayers are with you..... ((((HUGS)))!

Globe, I am so sorry to hear your news. I'm so glad you've been proactive and are already trying to find ways to help yourself. All I can do is give you virtual hugs, and thank you for sharing.

~Cheri

Oh, and sarsar, thank you for sharing a few pages back. It's hard. But I think I really realized once I got to goal that the reasons I was having trouble and still feeling unhappy weren't weight related. Digging through all of that crap is painful but beneficial in the end.

You've come a long way, congrats on all of your success.

~Cheri