Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm just curious on who you have told about your weight loss surgery? I have told a few people I was thinking about having it done, I still have along way to go before I have my sleeve done. After my surgery I know people will be asking what kind of diet I'm on or how I'm loosing weight and I'm not so sure I want to share this with everyone! Not that I'm ashamed I just don't want to have to explain my business to everyone, especially when people can be so negative!

I understand completely I am at the very beginning of my journey too. Waiting for first visit appointment. I have only told my husband, best friend and brother. My mother and sister are so negative about i haven't tried hard enough, I told them I am 280 at 5'3" with 5 kids and having health problem. I am tried of trying and not getting any results just frustration.

So my circle is my hubby, Bff, and brother that's it when my time comes and i am sleeved , my answer to my weight loss we be I finally found what worked for me!

I've told no one, and I am going to keep it that way. It worries family & friends. And people can be mean, intentionally & unintentionally. Do what is best for you! Good luck!

That is a good answer! I finally found what works for me! I think I will use that one too:)

The only people i told were very close friends and family. I don't think it's anybody elses business. When people ask how i'm losing the weight i tell the truth, eating healthier, and less and exercising. or your are on a medically supervised diet, which is also the truth. Like you i'm not ashamed of the surgery, it is the best thing i've ever done! I only wish i had been able to do it sooner! But the negativity, and the stereotypes that you are to lazy to lose it the "traditional" way, or took the easy way out ( what a laugh!) i don't need that negativity. Good luck on your journey!

So far I have told very few people. I've been thinking about not telling my parents or sisters. My first appointment is July 19th and I have no idea what hoops I might have to go through, so I have a ways to go too.

I just had mine on Monday and you will need so much support you will need to tell family!!!

I told my husband and kids (grown-up)

oh, and my hairstylist

At first I only told family and close friends/coworkers. Now that I have a date set and there is no looking back I'm telling the world. I don't care about the negative responses that I might get. I know in the end my true friends will be there for me no matter what. So far I have gotten an overwhelming positive response and have found out who else has gotten something done. I live hearing their stories, their successes and failures. It helps me to see what could happen to me down the road. The day before or of surgery I plan on telling my friends on FB. I know there will be nay Sayers but who cares. Also I'm hoping that sharing my story might help someone who is having the same issues with weight that I'm having and maybe it will open their eyes to WLS. But that's just me :-)