Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any advise for a single mom after the surgery? I have 3 kids with two of them under 4. My oldest is 18 so he can help me some, but with school and his job he's very busy. I know it's going to be hard for the first month, but I know it's the best thing I can do for myself and my kids. Is it hard to do anything after the surgery? I'm I going to have issues with my mommy chores???

Hey bigmama! I'm almost 5weeks post op. I remember being terrified that I wouldn't see my babies for the two day hospital stay. That was harder for me than the actual surgery. The best advise I can give you is make sure you can get as much done before surgery. Laundry. Grocery shopping, clean house, etc. have a support group. My sister helped me the first two weeks. Then I was fine to fall back into a normal routine. You'll be fine!

Well you won't be able to drive anywhere for a few days so consider that. I cleaned the house real well right before surgery, stocked up on groceries that would be needed, bought some more unhealthy but "quick", easy things for the kids to eat...lunchables, pizza rolls, chicken nuggets, poptarts, popsicles,etc. and a lot of Protein Shakes for me, mowed the lawn, did ALL the laundry, found the heating pad & all my really comfortable, loose lounge pants. It was nice to come home and have all that done! :) I was able to move around on my own, even in the hospital, so it isn't like you will not be able to move....it will just hurt a little. My kids are a little older, the youngest 9, so they could get their own lunchables, or make a PB & J for a few days. By day 4 post op I was awake a lot more and more ready to be a Mom again! :) You'll do fine I'm sure! My kids were very understanding and were quite helpful.....but are glad that Mom's back now! :)

I'm not a single mom, but my husband went back to work (12 hour days) the day after I got home from the hospital. My kids are 1 and 3.5. I lucked out and feel amazing! My problem is I feel so good that I try And do too much. I'm supposed to also have a 5lb weight restriction, but I've had to lift my 1 year old a couple of times.

Thanks

Oh, and I also cooked up a bunch of casseroles and stuff before surgery and froze them so it was easier to make dinners. Also the crock pot really helps.

Any advise for a single mom after the surgery? I have 3 kids with two of them under 4. My oldest is 18 so he can help me some' date=' but with school and his job he's very busy. I know it's going to be hard for the first month, but I know it's the best thing I can do for myself and my kids. Is it hard to do anything after the surgery? I'm I going to have issues with my mommy chores???[/quote']

Pre cook a lot of meals that way you can have heat-n-eats for the kids. Map out activities they can do, stock up on coloring books from the dollar store. Make walking a family exercise if possible. I went to ikea yesterday and there I found molds to make Popsicles. My nephew (he's 3) loved that we were making Popsicles. I made up crystal light and poured them in the molds. We both have healthy Snacks.

I plan on using paper plates that way I don't have dishes to worry about when I have guests. Lol. Maybe friends can watch the kids once a week.

Hit the video store or find movies they like on cable. Be sure to nap when they nap. So everyone is rested. Sprout runs non-stop when my nephew is here lol.

I remember being terrified that I wouldn't see my babies for the two day hospital stay. That was harder for me than the actual surgery.

I thought I was alone on that. I have surgery today and I am more worried about not being able to see my baby for a couple days than the actual surgery. My daughter is two and we have never been apart for long, especially not overnight. I was afraid I was being ridiculous ( you know the dramatic 1st time mom type! Lol) glad to know others feel the same way.

I thought I was alone on that. I have surgery today and I am more worried about not being able to see my baby for a couple days than the actual surgery. My daughter is two and we have never been apart for long' date=' especially not overnight. I was afraid I was being ridiculous ( you know the dramatic 1st time mom type! Lol) glad to know others feel the same way.[/quote']

My kids are 3.5 and 1.. The 3.5 has been apart from me a couple of times overnight on trips to grandmas house, but my one year old wasn't and he's also nursed. I cried so hard in the hospital telling my husband that I was afraid that they would hate me and think I abandoned them. I think I was in the hospital for just over 24 hours and when I got home everything was fine. Just give tons of snuggles :)