Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Unresponsive coordinator, anyone else having issues with that?

I don't know if I'm overreacting or what. But I've been working with a certain coordinator of a certain well known WLS company since April. Everything is set up (at least on my part anyway). My "Plan A" is set in motion. I have my doctor's picked out, hotel, hospital, passport, my tests done, plane ticket bought, surgery date, time off work, etc. The coordinator and I have been in constant contact the entire time...until recently. I don't know what's going on, maybe it's nothing. But I have contacted her several times last week by phone, text and emails and she answered one of them. Plus, I got an "undeliverable" message when I tried to text her. After ignoring my first communications, she told me she had to talk to me right away (as soon as I mentioned method of payment). Since I work 50-60 hrs a week, we had to schedule an actual appointment to meet up on the phone. My one day off to spend with family and I had to make sure I was available to take her call at that scheduled time. But she never called me like she said she would. Normally, I don't think I would be making a big deal out of this, but it just so happens that last night I read on these forums that this same coordinator is kind of showing the same bad communication to another patient. So now that I'm getting scared and having second thoughts about using this company, I've been "shopping" around to other WSL company's. I'm getting together Plan B next. I'd hate to shut down my first plan, but if she doesn't get her act together or send me some kind of communication soon for standing me up, I'll be forced to go elsewhere.

It's a big deal, you being comfortable with your WLS choice. 100%. I was set to go with one particular surgeon but couldn't get over my anxiety. I switched and had an amazingly great experience and as soon as I switched I felt better.

I'm not saying switch or don't switch. I'm saying go with your gut.

Don't jump to conclusions right away. She could be on vacation, travelling for business, sick. My co-ordinator did actually travel for her work when I was in contact with her. Your phone contact person is a very small part of the entire process. It is more important the surgeon you picked and his team and co-ordinators when you get to your destination.

If you are comfortable with the surgeon and hospital you have chosen, there may be another way to use them without your current coordinator. Do not send money until you are 100% ok with all aspects of your trip. Lord knows this process is stressful enough without that!

Your coordinator should be responsive or have notified you of any times they would be unavailable. My coordinator never takes more then 12 hours to respond by phone, email, or Skype. The only time he was unavailable, I knew well in advance he wouldn't be available for those two days. I don't know what I would do without the continual availability and support from my coordinator.

Is there anyone else at this compamy that you can speak to and express your concerns? Usually there are several coordinators working and sometimes they help each other out.

I don't know if I'm overreacting or what. But I've been working with a certain coordinator of a certain well known WLS company since April. Everything is set up (at least on my part anyway). My "Plan A" is set in motion. I have my doctor's picked out, hotel, hospital, passport, my tests done, plane ticket bought, surgery date, time off work, etc. The coordinator and I have been in constant contact the entire time...until recently. I don't know what's going on, maybe it's nothing. But I have contacted her several times last week by phone, text and emails and she answered one of them. Plus, I got an "undeliverable" message when I tried to text her. After ignoring my first communications, she told me she had to talk to me right away (as soon as I mentioned method of payment). Since I work 50-60 hrs a week, we had to schedule an actual appointment to meet up on the phone. My one day off to spend with family and I had to make sure I was available to take her call at that scheduled time. But she never called me like she said she would. Normally, I don't think I would be making a big deal out of this, but it just so happens that last night I read on these forums that this same coordinator is kind of showing the same bad communication to another patient. So now that I'm getting scared and having second thoughts about using this company, I've been "shopping" around to other WSL company's. I'm getting together Plan B next. I'd hate to shut down my first plan, but if she doesn't get her act together or send me some kind of communication soon for standing me up, I'll be forced to go elsewhere.

I agree with Amanda...trust your instincts on this. If you aren't happy with the pre-op communication of your coordinator, I think it's indicative of what you can expect post-op. If your instincts tell you that your need aren't being met, don't ignore that.

~Kat

Send/leave MSG that you're considering a switch. See if that gets a response. You're not committed to anything.. Especially if you're not satisfied with everything. Almost all surgeons have openings that can accommodate the date your wanting. Good luck :D

Thank you so much everyone for your responses and help. I think I will tell her that I do have a another plan with another company if I don't hear from her soon. She even called me on the day her kids graduated school. And in the past, she has told me when she'd be unavailable. This is so unlike her. I'll keep trying to contact her through that phone # she claims to be her cell. We'll see what happens.

Ok update! I am sooooo relieved to have finally heard from my coordinator. :D I was very concerned that there might have been something very wrong on her end (after all, it's not always about me, me, me right?!) So I didn't say anything about looking at different companies. I was very nice about it and just asked her if something was wrong (several times). It turns out that she did have a family crisis. :( Poor thing.

Still, I have quite a few unanswered questions (especially about payment), and time is running out (13 days as of this posting). I'm not saying she did anything wrong as a coordinator, but I would think a company this popular would have somebody covering the workload just in case of emergency's. Just saying.

Good luck with MBC.< /p>

When we originally booked I got great service from this company.

After payment things went down hill.

And its funny that they used the same excuse (family emergency) to transfer us to another coordinator that eventually complained that she worked for us and didnt get paid.

Long story short... we are asking MBC to compensate me for switching hospitals and not telling us. That has really pissed me off. You just dont do that. Your already stressed out enough the morning of surgery to find that they drive up to a lessor quality hospital with poorer services. But thats my problem not yours.

I tried to pm you but I guess you dont see them. All good.

What doctor have you selected?

Most doctors have their own websites and you can book direct. And a few of them DO NOT want deposits. They TRUST you!

And there are MANY benifits for booking direct!!!

GoodLuck

I had a couple issues when emailing my coordinator, I had 2 different email addresses from her and at first I was using the company email, than I switched to her personal email somewhere along the lines and she hadn't saved my email info so it was going into a junk file, and we got our communication crossed for about a week due to that little error of mine. I finally called her and asked if she'd been getting my emails and she hadn't been. OOPS! I'm glad you got a hold of her, as for the payment questions, I would just call and talk to her about that on the phone, seems a little more important to hear first hand rather than in an email?? Good luck with everything!! I hope you get it straightened out!