Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I can eat lot of popcorn! Why?

"Slider Food" is food that is easy to get in, compresses in the stomach, slides through fast to the small intestine and has no/little nutritional value. Take the bag of popcorn, grind it well in a food preocessor, add 1 TBS of Water and mix. That's really what you ate.

Now here's the question. WHY eat popcorn? If this is just an every once in a while treat, maybe rarely 1/2 cup. Don't push this. Folks who eat slider foods tend to be the folks that regain weight, IMHO.

popcorn is one of my weaknesses too. Fortunately I am a popcorn snob and really only like the movie popcorn or when I pop my own in a pot. My kids don't mind the microwave stuff so thats what I keep in the house. However when I take them to the movies (like when we go see Monsters Inc today), how can you possibly resist that smell? My solution is to buy the junior bag at cinemark, my fitness pal says without butter is 190 calories per bag. I eat one kernel at a time, protien shakes the rest of the day, and a mahi fillet for extra protien at dinner. When I treat myself I plan the rest of the day well. I love the fact that I am so concious, and present about what I am eating now. Its ok for a treat from time to time, as long as its not a regular thing.

I love popcorn!! Thanks for sharing! Now I will be able to understand how I can still have it every once in a while. Thanks a lot!!

"Slider Food" is food that is easy to get in' date=' compresses in the stomach, slides through fast to the small intestine and has no/little nutritional value. Take the bag of popcorn, grind it well in a food preocessor, add 1 TBS of Water and mix. That's really what you ate.

Now here's the question. WHY eat popcorn? If this is just an every once in a while treat, maybe rarely 1/2 cup. Don't push this. Folks who eat slider foods tend to be the folks that regain weight, IMHO.[/quote']

Thank you for this info... I really didnt understand why I can eat too much popcorm... I'll try to avoid it..... Could you tell me other examples of Slider foods?

I take a little plastic bowl in my purse when I go to the movies. I pack another snack, such as cut up fruit or veggies in a baggie in the bowl. At the movies, I share a popcorn, filling the little bowl with the part I will eat. And I eat the snack I brought too. I know you are not supposed to bring food, but they don't sell fruit and veggies!

Lynda

Now I pack a ready to drink Protein shake in my purse when I go to the movies. Fill up on that and I won't be able to eat popcorn

That's what I did the last time I went.

Except that it wouldn't fit in my purse (I carry a clutch).

:lol:

That's what I did the last time I went.

Except that it wouldn't fit in my purse (I carry a clutch).

:lol:

Very funny!

I thought popcorn (air popped) was healthy though?

I eat small portions of food ' date=' but, what is the issue with popcorn.. I can eat a whole bag!!!![/quote']

Omg im almost 3 wks out and today my daughter made my fave popcorn.... presleeve I could eat a gigantic bowl n then some but today I wasnt even supposed to have popcoen yet but I decided to just have a few pieces and was sooooo sick after i had to throw up... just 5 pieces and I was done for!! I hope that this will go away when I try it again when im aloud to because I look forward to eating popcorn again!!

I eat small portions of food ' date=' but, what is the issue with popcorn.. I can eat a whole bag!!!![/quote']

Me too!! popcorn is a slider food for me. Thankfully I don't eat it much.