Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Has anyone taken PHENTERMINE after vsg?

No, the whole point of me having the surgery was so that I could get off all these types of drugs.

No' date=' the whole point of me having the surgery was so that I could get off all these types of drugs.[/quote']

Yea I totally get what ur saying I think I've just been most of the time on stalls than losing weight :-/ I've lost 50 pds in 4 months but still like I said I've hit so many stalls it discourages me sometimes:(

Yea I totally get what ur saying I think I've just been most of the time on stalls than losing weight :-/ I've lost 50 pds in 4 months but still like I said I've hit so many stalls it discourages me sometimes:(

So I don't think that drugs are going to help you. You've lost a ton of weight in a short period of time. What was your expectations? That always puzzles me when people say that they've lost a lot in a short period of time, but still aren't happy with the results. Keep in mind we didn't get fat overnight, and it isn't going away overnight either. Stalls happen. It is our bodies way of readjusting to the changes that we are putting it through. You'll break the stall, everyone does. I am a slow loser but I wouldn't think about taking drugs again. I'm in it for the long haul.

Hang in there, you'll get to where you want to be!

ITs not stalls. No way can you be stalling out. A Stall is no lbs or inches lost in 30 days. Relax and let your body do its thing with out drugs.

So I don't think that drugs are going to help you. You've lost a ton of weight in a short period of time. What was your expectations? That always puzzles me when people say that they've lost a lot in a short period of time' date=' but still aren't happy with the results. Keep in mind we didn't get fat overnight, and it isn't going away overnight either. Stalls happen. It is our bodies way of readjusting to the changes that we are putting it through. You'll break the stall, everyone does. I am a slow loser but I wouldn't think about taking drugs again. I'm in it for the long haul.

Hang in there, you'll get to where you want to be![/quote']

I know I've lost a lot in a short matter of time but I've seen so many people lose 60-70 pds by now I guess I need to stop looking at other people's progress. :(. That's what discourages an makes me think I'm not losing fast enough.

ITs not stalls. No way can you be stalling out. A Stall is no lbs or inches lost in 30 days. Relax and let your body do its thing with out drugs.

Yes that's true. Thanks for the advice :)

I know I've lost a lot in a short matter of time but I've seen so many people lose 60-70 pds by now I guess I need to stop looking at other people's progress. :(. That's what discourages an makes me think I'm not losing fast enough.

Hey I hear ya! I about chewed my key board reading the thread about people who lose all their weight and never exercise...that makes me nuts because I just about live in the gym and don't see a lot of loss. Someone really wise on here told me not to compare me to others (I was having the same disappointments as you are), so that's what I do, I worry about me only. The thing to keep in mind is that by losing slowly, you have a better chance of keeping it off AND you have less of a chance of having all that loose skin flopping around. Just trust your sleeve and follow your plan, it will happen.

If you want to feel better about your weight loss, look at others who've only lost half that in the same time frame. We are all different. The best thing you can do is stop comparing yourself to others, and stop treating this like a diet. It is a lifestyle change. You will get to where you want to be in your own time:)... Just stick to your plan, without the unhealthy drugs.

I think b4 my sleeve I might have gained 50 lbs in 4 months but never have lost so much. Keep ur head up kiddo :0)

Thanks to all of y'all for the support. I definitely need to STOP comparing my weight loss to others.

One thing I want to agree with and add... ask urself, had u not had the surgery, how much weight wud you have loss in 4 mths? Keep lookn at ur b4 pics, and keep askn urself that question and then thank God that the decision u made to loose weight this time, was the best choice and ull get there eventually. God bless u and ur continued success...u R SUCCESSFUL nd u have 4 mths that prove that. Wtg.

One thing I want to agree with and add... ask urself' date=' had u not had the surgery, how much weight wud you have loss in 4 mths? Keep lookn at ur b4 pics, and keep askn urself that question and then thank God that the decision u made to loose weight this time, was the best choice and ull get there eventually. God bless u and ur continued success...u R SUCCESSFUL nd u have 4 mths that prove that. Wtg.[/quote']

Thank u so much!!! Yes I totally agree. I would've probably gained and gained!!! If i wouldn't of done this surgery:-/. I do thank god for making this decision in my life. Don't get me wrong I'm happy with all the weight I've lost I just get so discouraged with all these stalls!!!

Nope. I'm done with abusing my body.

Losing 50 pounds in 4 months is awesome! I was sleeved Oct. 2nd and have lost 53 pounds (CW-206.6 lbs) The weight loss for me has been super slow and I've even considered the DS or adding the malabsorption component but then I start to realize that I haven't given the sleeve a long enough time to work and that I needed to give myself 2 yrs to reach goal or before I start to consider myself a failure. I'm definitely a slow loser but I'm not giving up and I have zero desire to ever try diet pills ever again. Just be patient :)