Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

craving blimpie

Craving blimpie subs smothered in mayo!

Oh dear Lipstick!! You are just too sweet! :wub:

I looked at your profile and noticed that you had your surgery this month. Just wanted to give you a shout out to let you know that most likely you WILL be able to eat at least some of that Blimpie sandwich in the not too distant future.

I had my surgery Sept 26, 2013. I have lost a total of 70 lbs. I used to weigh 240 and now I weigh 170, and I have 40 pounds more to go. I have found now I can eat just about anything now in reasonable quantities. I was 189 pounds at my 6 month checkup in early April. After a few months it may seems like the weight loss is incredibly slow. But as long as you don't go crazy drinking milk shakes and eating potato chips you should lose weight. At this point I'm not losing it as fast but I am still losing an average of a pound a week. Lots of times I don't lose a pound for a few weeks and then all of a sudden the scale drops 2 or 3 pounds in just a few days. Don't get discouraged.

My nutritionist told us not to let yourself feel deprived. After you are allowed to eat anything you want, if you want a Blimpie get one. I go to Subway and get a 6" Turkey and Ham Sub with cheese on whole wheat, and lite mayo. I usually eat a little more than half and save the rest for later. Sometimes later is the next time I feel the need for a snack. I have had Cookies from McDonald's too. But I only eat one (150-160 calories) and I don't do it every day or even every other day. Lots of times my boyfriend brings home cake or banana chips. Sure I have a little. I ask him to give me a bite. Sometimes I'll have 2 or 3 bites.

I have found I can still overeat some things - popcorn, crackers. But when I overeat it's not the magnitude that I used to overeat. Some things I might be able to eat 2 or even 3 servings. But I couldn't possibly eat a whole bag of Oreos in one sitting anymore.

bread gives me the foamies. Once you've experience them...that craving will disappear. Foamies = bad. At almost 8 months out, I don't really crave anything. I feel like I'm finally free of the control food had over me. Say no to Blimpie. :)

Just say no to Blimpie!! You have plenty of time for that WAY ON DOWN THE ROAD. (Not saying you were going to go attack one now, but just in case. :) )

You may even lose your taste for them as you are so new to your sleeve. This is the time to build better, healthier habits while the restriction is so great. You won't regret it.