Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I was sleeved on the 22nd but also didn't have the complications that you've had. Glad you came out of that okay, how scary! I haven't really had any problems. I was feeling great about a week after surgery. My Doc couldn't believe how well I looked and was shocked I wasn't in any pain. I've had little issues, really. I cant get in all 80 grams of Protein a day in and I'm still battling getting 48 oz of liquids without feeling too full. Regurgitation is probably my biggest complaint. I seem to really struggle getting in even 1/4 cup of pureed foods in. The slider foods are the easiest to digest but they really will stall a loss and are nothing but carbs. I'm down over 30 lbs since my I started my liquid pre-op diet and am super excited for next weeks weigh in with the doc. I personally haven't noticed a change really but whenever I bump into someone who hasn't seen me in a few weeks I've been told the loss is really obvious. I can physically feel the difference but my head hasn't caught up with the change yet so I'm not seeing it as everyone else is. I'm sure over time the more I lose that will change. Glad you're doing well! It may crappy that you have to be on 5 more weeks of fluids, but believe me.. Pureed foods have not been easy to get in. I'm over 2 weeks out and still mostly doing fluids for protein.

Sorry yours was rough in the beginning I was sleeved July 11 and doing great. I have not had any nausea only diarrhea the week after for almost two weeks. I have been walking on my treadmill 30 minutes per day and down total of 33 lbs.

That's great! I'm trying to walk more on the treadmill I have been doing 20 minutes a day I would like to start counting miles and not minutes soon. No digestion issues and I haven't had any issues with getting in my Protein or fluids but I am counting down the days until I can eat even purée food! (29 days) I'm hoping that I won't have any issues with anything, right now it doesn't seem like my tastes have changed.

I was sleeved on the 22nd but also didn't have the complications that you've had. Glad you came out of that okay' date=' how scary! I haven't really had any problems. I was feeling great about a week after surgery. My Doc couldn't believe how well I looked and was shocked I wasn't in any pain. I've had little issues, really. I cant get in all 80 grams of Protein a day in and I'm still battling getting 48 oz of liquids without feeling too full. Regurgitation is probably my biggest complaint. I seem to really struggle getting in even 1/4 cup of pureed foods in. The slider foods are the easiest to digest but they really will stall a loss and are nothing but carbs. I'm down over 30 lbs since my I started my liquid pre-op diet and am super excited for next weeks weigh in with the doc. I personally haven't noticed a change really but whenever I bump into someone who hasn't seen me in a few weeks I've been told the loss is really obvious. I can physically feel the difference but my head hasn't caught up with the change yet so I'm not seeing it as everyone else is. I'm sure over time the more I lose that will change. Glad you're doing well! It may crappy that you have to be on 5 more weeks of fluids, but believe me.. Pureed foods have not been easy to get in. I'm over 2 weeks out and still mostly doing fluids for protein.[/quote']

I'm glad yours went so well, if I count how much I lost on the liquid pre op diet and what I have lost since surgery I am down a total of 23 lbs! 15 on the pre op and 8 post op but in the hospital I had gained 17 lbs of Water weight and I have also lost all that. I am taking a three week medical leave instead of two so no one has really seen me aside from my husband but my clothes are loose and I'm able to squeeze into some things I had not been able to get into for a while! It's exciting!

So I was sleeved on July 26th and had my share of problems that included an emergency surgery and a total of 4 blood transfusions and a 5 day hospital stay. I haven't had any other issues and I have to be on a 5 week full liquid diet for healing reasons. I'm loosing weight each day and I walk on my treadmill each day. I'm still in a bit of pain but that is also getting better each day. I was just wondering how all the other July sleevers are doing? I know I have a bit of different circumstances but how is everyone's pain levels and healing progress?

I had surgery on the 22nd of July, all is going well. I was able to get all of fluids in during week on and two. Finding the soft purée food stage interesting and allows me to be creative.

Pain is ok, I haven't been on any pain meds. I stopped the morphine while in the hospital it made me so nauseous. The hardest part for me was getting thrush, my tongue was coated and my breath was so rank! But once I was allowed to have my liquid Protein Drinks and yogurt everything got better.

I have a sharp pain from the excess skin pulling from time to time, so I wear a griddle to keep the skin still.

I am glad you are doing well. Sorry to hear about the emergency surgery.

Keep up the great work,

Had my first bad reaction to a Protein today. It was body fortress chocolate, I mixed it with 1 cup skim milk and 2 Tbsp on powdered milk and I was so sick! I guess I won't be trying that again anytime soon! Which is sad because it had like 47 grams of protein.

I had surgery on the 22nd of July' date=' all is going well. I was able to get all of fluids in during week on and two. Finding the soft purée food stage interesting and allows me to be creative.

Pain is ok, I haven't been on any pain meds. I stopped the morphine while in the hospital it made me so nauseous. The hardest part for me was getting thrush, my tongue was coated and my breath was so rank! But once I was allowed to have my liquid Protein drinks and yogurt everything got better.

I have a sharp pain from the excess skin pulling from time to time, so I wear a griddle to keep the skin still.

I am glad you are doing well. Sorry to hear about the emergency surgery.

Keep up the great work,[/quote']

I also got thrush but they gave me meds for that and it's going away. I stopped the morphine in the hospital but I'm still on Lortab. I think my pain might be lasting longer because they did have to go back into the same incisions for the 2nd surgery and they were in there for another 3-4 hours. I am waiting for my body wrap to be washed which gives the incisions more support so that is probably why I'm hurting today. They didn't give you one in the hospital? What are you eating on the purée food stage? I can't wait for mine to start but I have 29 days until I do. Are you back to work if you work? I took another week off due to all the complications I had. I didn't want to rush back to soon.

Had my first bad reaction to a Protein today. It was body fortress chocolate, I mixed it with 1 cup skim milk and 2 Tbsp on powdered milk and I was so sick! I guess I won't be trying that again anytime soon! Which is sad because it had like 47 grams of protein.

That stuff is so rank! I bought it once before and it tastes SO gross. I highly recommend Unjury unflavored Protein Powder. It virtually has no taste and it can be mixed into anything. I mix it right into my cream Soups and barely taste a difference. I also heard Sam's Club makes a fairly good Protein Shake called Premier shakes. I haven't tried them but they have gotten good reviews on this site. My surgeons office sells this product called Healthwise. They are fruit flavored protein beverage mixers. They also make hot chocolate and soups. They are SO good and pretty in expensive. You can either mix them with Water, or even milk for added protein. I even make mine into smoothies on occasion.

Had my first soft scrambled egg with a bit of cheese today. It was so yummy. It's amazing how full I am off of one egg! One egg would've just been my first forkful of Breakfast a few weeks ago! lol.

I also got thrush but they gave me meds for that and it's going away. I stopped the morphine in the hospital but I'm still on Lortab. I think my pain might be lasting longer because they did have to go back into the same incisions for the 2nd surgery and they were in there for another 3-4 hours. I am waiting for my body wrap to be washed which gives the incisions more support so that is probably why I'm hurting today. They didn't give you one in the hospital? What are you eating on the purée food stage? I can't wait for mine to start but I have 29 days until I do. Are you back to work if you work? I took another week off due to all the complications I had. I didn't want to rush back to soon.

I'm having tuna, chicken and turkey salad all home made. Unsweetened applesauce. Dannon light and fit Greek yogurt. Mashed potatoes, I put unflavored Protein in them lol.

I go back to work on the 19th

I have been eating deli meats, Greek yogurt apple sauce, some Soups, canned chicken & tuna (chewed very well) cottage cheese, have also done mashed potatoes, I too add Protein. I have the most trouble with deli meats. The most I can consume at any time is 4 oz. Having trouble getting in more that 400 caps in a day, but doing about 60 gr protein. I don't loose on days I get less than 50 oz of Water in.

I am so envious of you guys I'm having trouble getting my liquids in I ate 1 scramble egg with cheese I have been sipping on 1 23 oz bottle of Water all day as of 933 pm I have 2 oz left I can't do any Protein drinks they hurt me. Im only a week out!! I also had a hernia repair. I decide to go for a mile walk and was only able to walk 20min and I was tired and had to come back home. I don't know what to do!!:(

I am so envious of you guys I'm having trouble getting my liquids in I ate 1 scramble egg with cheese I have been sipping on 1 23 oz bottle of Water all day as of 933 pm I have 2 oz left I can't do any Protein drinks they hurt me. Im only a week out!! I also had a hernia repair. I decide to go for a mile walk and was only able to walk 20min and I was tired and had to come back home. I don't know what to do!!:(

I'm not able to eat purée food yet and I'm still on full liquids. The place where I had mine done has all the patients do 1 week of clear,5 weeks on full liquid, 1 week of purée, and then soft foods. They do this to make sure the staple line has fully healed. So it's easy for me to get my liquids in when its pretty much all I have so I'm jealous that you get eggs! LOL! I walked a half mile today but I didn't get a chance to walk the second half. Maybe if you try getting your fluids before food it might free up your belly? Or ask your doctor if you should try a full liquid diet for a while and not eat the heavier purée food. Sorry I'm not much help.

Hope you are feeling better today.

thank you! i had to take a break and just rest. my gas has gotten better, although it took some time. i actually started taking the prescribed pepcid ac and voile...gas is better. go figure. i did throw up again today, but that was more of a gagging issue...im not getting all of the liquids i need since i was never a drinker to begin with. so my saliva is rather thick and it just felt yucky. once i get to heaving i hav to concentrate on calming down. tmi...sorry lol...but im feeling better. im getting so stuffed on purees. so my next goals are more liquids and learning my portions. i have NO idea wat size my sleeve is lol

thank you! i had to take a break and just rest. my gas has gotten better' date=' although it took some time. i actually started taking the prescribed pepcid ac and voile...gas is better. go figure. i did throw up again today, but that was more of a gagging issue...im not getting all of the liquids i need since i was never a drinker to begin with. so my saliva is rather thick and it just felt yucky. once i get to heaving i hav to concentrate on calming down. tmi...sorry lol...but im feeling better. im getting so stuffed on purees. so my next goals are more liquids and learning my portions. i have NO idea wat size my sleeve is lol[/quote']

You should only be eating 1/4 -1/2 cup puréed right now. You're sleeve is only the size of a small banana. :)

Its hard to do here in TX this heat kills me. I am going to try a video early in am and see if I can maintain that until fall. Good luck fitting it in. My life is chock full and it is hard for me to find that time for myself.

I second that. Work, home, and 5 kids just makes it so hard to make "more' time. I know I have to as well and just haven't figured it out yet.