Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I have weigh in #3 of 6 with my pcp in 11 days. Last time i gained 3 pounds. Im trying sooo hard to lose something by the time i go back. She gave me suggestions of greek yogurt or eggs for Breakfast and for lunch and dinner grilled Protein and veggies. Ive been following this for nearly a week already but i feel like i am at war with myself trying to fight the hunger in my head.

Take for instance yesterday I had 20 dollars. As i took my 35 min bus ride home all i could think of was yes lets get off the bus and get a few slices of pizza. no one is going to know. I was literally i need of that "high" that food gives me. I kept going back and forth in my head. I ended up winning this battle by getting off the bus a stop earlier and getting a Protein shake. I knew if i got off at the other stop id head right into the pizzeria. By the time i was half done with the shake i was satisfied.

So how do i keep fighting this hunger. Is head hunger less intense post op or about the same?

I have weigh in #3 of 6 with my pcp in 11 days. Last time i gained 3 pounds. Im trying sooo hard to lose something by the time i go back. She gave me suggestions of greek yogurt or eggs for breakfast and for lunch and dinner grilled Protein and veggies. Ive been following this for nearly a week already but i feel like i am at war with myself trying to fight the hunger in my head.

Take for instance yesterday I had 20 dollars. As i took my 35 min bus ride home all i could think of was yes lets get off the bus and get a few slices of pizza. no one is going to know. I was literally i need of that "high" that food gives me. I kept going back and forth in my head. I ended up winning this battle by getting off the bus a stop earlier and getting a Protein shake. I knew if i got off at the other stop id head right into the pizzeria. By the time i was half done with the shake i was satisfied.

So how do i keep fighting this hunger. Is head hunger less intense post op or about the same?

Head hunger is crazy! Buy some Protein Bars and keep one in your bag, I like Pure Protein - chocolate deluxe. 180 cals and 20 grams of protein, they are good and extremely satisfying. Good Luck!

I'm still dealing with it. It's hard to get over that constant feeling of "Hmm, what delicious thing can I eat next?" But right now with my sleeve, most foods don't sit well with me so the feeling is lessening. Right now I'm more in the "Oh god do I HAVE to eat?" boat. but I still find myself thinking about food.< /p>

Give in to it. When I want to eat something I eat it ! then lighten up on my calories for other meals in the day. If you want pizza eat it! each slice has about 300 calories in it I cant eat more than that at one time. Make dinner light tuna on salad. Its ok to eat what you want as long as you don't do it everyday and remain within your calorie goal for that day. Saying or thinking oh I cant have that does the opposite affect and makes you yearn for that pizza, chips,chocolate,candy that you want. Eat and don't feel guilty its OK to indulge here and there. Again remain within your calorie range for that day and you'll be fine. You can have whatever you want but choose when to have it :)

Sorry to go off here but by changing the mental view on" I cant have this or that to I can have what ever I want and its OK" within limits is really relieving. Pre-op I would diet and then go nuts on food like there was a famine or something!

Good luck on your journey :)

6 days post op today. Yesterday, I went to the mall - to the food court, looking for won ton Soup, which i could have on my Clear liquids. Nobody had any, but I was SO JONESING for a hot pretzel, I was dying. Here is what stopped me- 1) the fear of physical damage to my baby sleeve. 2) the overwhelming feeling that I have worked too hard to get to this point. I didn't walk away empty handed, though - I treated myself to a nice cup of jasmine tea, which is a treat for me. Now, I realize that a hot pretzel is nothing like jasmine tea, but I think because I identify the tea as a treat as well (truly, I love it), I didn't feel like I was giving up *as much* in making that choice.

Do you have any go-to or "treat" foods that will HELP your weight loss? If not, find some that you can swap in when needed.

Also, the other poster's suggestion to carry stuff with you is spot on. I found that really amping up my Protein during preop allowed me to feel satisfied all day. Also, the longer I was able to stay away from carbs, the less I wanted them.

Good luck to you. I know it's not easy.

6 days post op today. Yesterday, I went to the mall - to the food court, looking for won ton Soup, which i could have on my Clear Liquids. Nobody had any, but I was SO JONESING for a hot pretzel, I was dying. Here is what stopped me- 1) the fear of physical damage to my baby sleeve. 2) the overwhelming feeling that I have worked too hard to get to this point. I didn't walk away empty handed, though - I treated myself to a nice cup of jasmine tea, which is a treat for me. Now, I realize that a hot pretzel is nothing like jasmine tea, but I think because I identify the tea as a treat as well (truly, I love it), I didn't feel like I was giving up *as much* in making that choice.

Do you have any go-to or "treat" foods that will HELP your weight loss? If not, find some that you can swap in when needed.

Also, the other poster's suggestion to carry stuff with you is spot on. I found that really amping up my Protein during preop allowed me to feel satisfied all day. Also, the longer I was able to stay away from carbs, the less I wanted them.

Good luck to you. I know it's not easy.

thanks for that advice. I am going to try tp up the Protein even more. I def think carrying stuff with me will help as well b/c most of the daytime i am on the go btwn work and the kids. I do want to find a "go to " treat too. I'll make it a swapportunity! (ive always wanted to use that word in a sentence lol)

I agree with Maria. Don't deprive yourself, just be smart about it. We've deprived ourselves over and over again only to fail miserably. I'm over half way to goal ( ignore the timeline, I haven't updated it) and since being on solids have not deprived myself. If I have a piece of pizza I go very light with other meals for the day or the next day. Live your life!

The idea of having an adverse reaction in public, or anywhere other than home due to the reintroduction foods to my stomach scares me. In fact 14 of us have tickets to a concert at an outdoor venue ( big tailgating party) on day 1 of my advancing to stage 4 diet. My plan (pending input from my NUT) is to stay on stage 3 that day, don't want to risk getting sick away from home. Just food for thought.

I'll make it a swapportunity! (ive always wanted to use that word in a sentence lol)

Love that phrase!,