Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sodastream flavors- OMG!

I've been using Mio, Dasani squirt bottles etc to flavor Water, but they were so expensive! I got the idea to use the diet sodastream concentrates to flavor my water. Same concept, but a lot more for your money, plus different flavours typically found at a soda fountain. So now I am drinking diet orange, diet grapefruit (great for Breakfast time- before or after the meal), diet ginger ale (could be good to treat nausea), diet wild strawberry energy, and diet cola. Yummy!!!

How do they taste? I have a friend moving in this fall who owns one and I really want to know if they're any good.

Are the carb/calorie free? I'm always looking for something cheaper

I've been using Mio, Dasani squirt bottles etc to flavor Water, but they were so expensive! I got the idea to use the diet sodastream concentrates to flavor my Water. Same concept, but a lot more for your money, plus different flavours typically found at a soda fountain. So now I am drinking diet orange, diet grapefruit (great for breakfast time- before or after the meal), diet ginger ale (could be good to treat nausea), diet wild strawberry energy, and diet cola. Yummy!!!

Doesn't sodastream make carbonated beverages?

Are the carb/calorie free? I'm always looking for something cheaper

All the ones I have are calorie free and carb free! That was important to me as on my low carb pre surgery diet I can have max 20 carbs per day. Most importantly, they are delicious! They really taste like the sodas but without the carbonation. You could add carbonation if you want by using club soda or buying the sofastream system, but for the recently sleeved or folks avoiding carbonation, all you have to do is buy the bottles of flavouring and add as much as you want to water! Couldn't be easier!

Doesn't sodastream make carbonated beverages?

Yes, they do, but the carbonation comes from the cartridges they sell combined with the machine. The flavourings themselves are NOT carbonated, making them a perfect replacement for folks craving soda flavour, folks just wanting different flavours from Mio, dasani etc, or folks looking for a cheaper alternative or all of the above!

How do they taste? I have a friend moving in this fall who owns one and I really want to know if they're any good.

Very yummy! No carbonation if you just add the flavourings to water- no need to buy the machine or the cartridges. Just buy the bottles- Target had a great selection of diet flavours, also try Amazon.com or Bed Bath and Beyond.

How much do you use in a 12oz Water bottle?

I used about 1/2 a tablespoon but like the Mios, Dasani squirt flavours, you can always flavor how you like it- lighter or stronger. You want it to taste like you just opened a can of your favourite soda.

This tip comes at a good time for me. I'm struggling to get down my Water. Sometimes it's hard to drink it plain. Thanks!

What a great idea! Thanks!