Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Las Vegas Bariatrics - Dr. Bernie Hanna

I just recently (5/15) was sleeved by Dr.Hanna. I would be happy to answer any questions you have.

Haha didn't realize you are the same one I replied to awhile ago..if you have any questions please feel free to ask

I would like to hear about surgery with Dr Hannah

I would like to hear about surgery with Dr Hanna

HOw did you like him and how was the places you stayed?? Tell me all, I go next week!

Ok, so my surgery was June 26. I flew out there (alone) from Maryland on Sunday night, June 23. I stayed at the MGM Signature because I had stayed there a few years ago and I liked it since the elevator wasn't too far from the hotels entrance. Monday morning I had a dr appt to get my clearance for surgery. I cant remember this DR's name but DR hanna's office set it up for me. Luckily my insurance covered this visit. They did an EKG, went over health history, etc. then gave me a lab slip for a chest xray. The next day I visited with DR Hanna for the first time. Everyone at his office is so friendly. He went over everything that was going to happen, etc. Also, I had started my clear liquid diet Monday AM. And my husband arrived Tuesday evening. Wednesday I arrived at the hospital (North Vista) at 7 am which looked like a dump. I was feeling a little uneasy at this point at the looks of the hospital, but not for long. The hospital is SO accommodating. I was appointed a Bariatric coordinator who showed us around. I went into the operating room at 930am. I was never once scared or nervous until I got onto the OR table and they started strapping my arms down and giving my oxygen. Last I looked at the clock was 9:38. I woke up at 10:20. Feeling very nauseated. Wheeled into recovery, stayed there maybe 30-40 mins. Then went back to the outpatient room where my husband was waiting for me. I tried walking the halls but everytime I got out of bed I felt like id be sick so all I wanted to do was lay around and sleep. Finally at 2pm a nurse recommended that we go back to the hotel. The first afternoon/night was a breeze. I slept pretty much the rest of the day. Did not want to walk at ALL. Gas wasn't that bad, not as bad as I had expected. The second day, sucked, big time. I tried once to take a teaspoon of the liquid pain meds but they made me throw up so I didn't touch them after that.. I had my follow up that day because I was leaving vegas on Friday. It was all I could do to get dressed and go to the DR office. He checked my incisions and gave me a rx for the stomach spasms I was having. I flew out of Vegas Friday morning. I do not recommend this if you are flying in from another state. It was a 5 hour flight. VERY uncomfortable. Couldn't eat anything really. It was awful. DR Hanna called me one week post op, I missed it and called him back. He didn't answer. He never returned my call and I haven't heard from him since that follow up visit at his office which I thought was kind of unprofessional. But I haven't had one single problem so I guess there's no point in calling him anyway. I'd definitely recommend him, he is a gentle, soft spoken man. My experience was great and I love his office staff. Esp. Zee she is great. I email her questions all the time and she replies within minutes! I hope this all made sense, if you have any other questions please don't hesitate to ask!

I drove from Oxnard California to Las vegas on july 22nd, since my uncle lives in henderson (20 min from Dr Hanna office), i decided to stay there instead of a hotel. In July 23rd i had my first appointment to get my clearance done, also I got a call from the anesteciologist (don't know how to write this word). I went to Dr Hanna office he was nice and he did response to all my questions and concerns. On the 24 I was schedule for 12.00, so I got there on time at 10.30, after a fast tour at the north nevada hospital, i was well attended by the nurses. On thursday the 25th, i meet Dr Hanna again to check in my incisions,

even when that was quick, I asked him for his direct email since thats the way I like to communicate, he agreed and until now if I don't email or text "Z" (Zafiro), I email him and he always replies as soon as he can.

My advice if you are doing an outpatient sirurgy out of your state make sure to conact a local bariatric dr. Just in case something arrives so that you can feel secure.

Question whats the average cash outpatient in your city? And why did you choose Dr Hanna?

In Maryland cash pay is 25-30k. We chose LV because that was the most affordable. My husband was totally against Mexico. And my husband chose Dr. Hanna because he is from Freeport, Bahamas and we have a 2nd home there that my hubby adores so when Dr Hanna told him that it was an immediate go ahead, lol

Floriris,

Did you have a drain tube? Did he do a leak test on you at all? I didn't have any of that done. May be why I have that baseball size lump where the large incision is! I didn't care for his use of the f*** word while talking to me! And the pychologist!!! Guess that's why they call it sin city...... The hospital personal at North Valley were great! Belite was terrible and I wouldn't recommend them to anyone!! GOt me mixed up with other patient, told dr office I already had band removed in Mexico(which I did NOT!), the costs were higher than I was told, and I wasnt told about the 25% discount at hospital till I got there!! I cancelled my trip to Mexico for that kind of treatment! I was banded in Mexico and was treated so well! Dr Kuri even called be at home here asking about how I was doing! I have not heard from Belite since before surgery!!!!!!!! They got the $ and forget you!

Dr Hanna was a likeable person.