Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 25th Sleevers? I need a buddy...

Hey everyone! We made it to the losers bench!! I was wondering if anyone else was still having significant pain at your largest incision site? My husband still has to help me get out of bed, go to the bathroom, up and down in the recliner..etc. He goes back to work on Monday and I'm worried about getting around on my own. Other than this I am doing fantastic! Any thoughts would be helpful!!

Hey everyone! We made it to the losers bench!! I was wondering if anyone else was still having significant pain at your largest incision site? My husband still has to help me get out of bed' date=' go to the bathroom, up and down in the recliner..etc. He goes back to work on Monday and I'm worried about getting around on my own. Other than this I am doing fantastic! Any thoughts would be helpful!![/quote']

I also was sleeved the 25th and i can now get up on my own but if one of my parents are there, I use them because it is much more pleasant. I am still quite sore at my large incision

Hey everyone! We made it to the losers bench!! I was wondering if anyone else was still having significant pain at your largest incision site? My husband still has to help me get out of bed' date=' go to the bathroom, up and down in the recliner..etc. He goes back to work on Monday and I'm worried about getting around on my own. Other than this I am doing fantastic! Any thoughts would be helpful!![/quote']

Are you still taking your prescribed med?

I was sleeved on the 24th & my incisions just itch, they are tender. My tummy is constantly feeling full.

Iam having a hard time getting liquids down, cuz I feel so full! I am lucky I can get around easy. I went for mile walk today with my sister.

I keep the heating pad on my tummy for the gas pains. I hate the bloated feeling.

I hope I will be ok since I'm not getting a lot of Protein in. I drink the Isopure protein Clear Liquids and even froze it as popsicles. Are you guys still taking the hydrocodone? I am taking it now every 5 hours. Tonight I had broth & put a shake of sesame oil in it & it was awesome! I've been craving Chinese food & that helped so much.

I was the 25th. Hope your surgery went well. So far so good here. I was done 4 hrs late which did not help my nerves but I made it through. A little hitch at the hospital. The hospital entered my diet as clear liquid instead of bariatric clear liquid. ... meaning the popsicles were full sugar. Those being what tasted best was all i wanted, and a few sips of full sugar juice. 2 meals like this that I couldn't keep down. I figured it out the next morning when my Jello was not sugar free so ci asked to swap out since there was no popsicle. Them they asked should I have been getting a bariatric tray...uh yes. BIngo ... that is why I was suddenly having issues after Ice chips had moot bothered me at first. I walked a lot around the floor starting a few hrs after surgery. I went home finally 2 days post op once my body adjusted to the proper sugar free diet. Doing pretty well. Just trying not to get my baby and husbands cold. They sound terrible. Strange not being hungry. I smell stuff and my brain remembers I liked the taste but my stomach is not saying feed me so I am drinking because I know I need to. Nice to know difference between food my brain things it wants vs what my stomach actually needs. Enlightening

I was happily surprised too learn I was 24 lbs down on the day of surgery meaning I lost 3 more lbs since day before. Yay me. Wonder where I am now as it had been 4 days since surgery.

Dr told my family she also made my sleeve a little smaller then normal too.. this should be interesting.

I was the 25th. Hope your surgery went well. So far so good here. I was done 4 hrs late which did not help my nerves but I made it through. A little hitch at the hospital. The hospital entered my diet as clear liquid instead of bariatric clear liquid. ... meaning the popsicles were full sugar. Those being what tasted best was all i wanted' date=' and a few sips of full sugar juice. 2 meals like this that I couldn't keep down. I figured it out the next morning when my Jello was not sugar free so ci asked to swap out since there was no popsicle. Them they asked should I have been getting a bariatric tray...uh yes. BIngo ... that is why I was suddenly having issues after Ice chips had moot bothered me at first. I walked a lot around the floor starting a few hrs after surgery. I went home finally 2 days post op once my body adjusted to the proper sugar free diet. Doing pretty well. Just trying not to get my baby and husbands cold. They sound terrible. Strange not being hungry. I smell stuff and my brain remembers I liked the taste but my stomach is not saying feed me so I am drinking because I know I need to. Nice to know difference between food my brain things it wants vs what my stomach actually needs. Enlightening[/quote']

Funny about the smell thing! Iam going through the exact same thing!!!! We will rise above this!!! ;)

I accidentally drank too fast :( I recommend not doing that my tummy hurts. Thankfully it was only about two ounces. I won't be doing that again...

I am doing well with the pain. Very little. The largest incision in my belly button is the one that hurts the worst, but it's very manageable. The part I am struggling with most is being tired and weak. I finally showered this morning and that about did me in. I am down 6 pounds since date of surgery, drinking mostly clear liquids with Protein. I tried one of my Premier Protein shakes yesterday and that started me down the diarrhea path, so I am sticking with the clear liquids again today.

Also on the 25th. Actually feeling a bit worse, shaky and hypoglycemic. Able to keep liquids down but having trouble with Protein, which is probably why I'm shaky. Just trying to take it easy. It doesn't help that its 115 here in Vegas.

I was also sleeved the 24th. I am not getting any Protein in.......I've tried the Isopure and I gagged. I am down 8.8 pds since surgery last Monday (6 days) and 18.6 since pre-op liquids. Suggestions for protein....I'm now approved for full liquid phase?!?

I was also sleeved the 24th. I am not getting any Protein in.......I've tried the Isopure and I gagged. I am down 8.8 pds since surgery last Monday (6 days) and 18.6 since pre-op liquids. Suggestions for protein....I'm now approved for full liquid phase?!?

Im not getting all my protien in either. I have NOOo energy.Have you tried other brands of Protein Drinks? What might help is mixing isopure with crystal light. That's what I do and I also freeze and make popsickles. This stage sucks, but we're still healing

Have you tried SF pudding made with a scoop of Protein Powder thrown in. If you use soy milk or almond milk the pudding doesn't set all the way and makes it easy to go down.