Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

do u feel full faster

Not only do I get full very fast but it's a different kind of full then before. More painful

Yep! Year and a half out here and I eat about half as much as I used to. First few months it was about 1/3, but for the past several months (for me), it has settled in around 1/2 as much as I used to eat.

There is no comparison, and I do NOT want to eat until I'm full, it is uncomfortable, not like being Thanksgiving full prior to surgery...I mean I need to either get up and walk, or lay flat to try and feel a little better. Ugh!!! I make it point to TRY and always under eat my sleeve. Meaning, put less in there than I can actually hold. I am not hungry, so this is easier to do....I weigh or measure my food because I do NOT feel full.....until I've had ONE bite too many!!!! Yikes!

Im with you. I do not eat to capacity. Its just uncomfortable to feel so full. Like you I really dont get hungry I feel more 'empty' than hungry. So I just eat a couple of ounces and Im good. Then maybe in 2 - 3 hours Ill have another ounce or two. When my hubby cooks for me he always weighs the food for me but I can pretty much eye ball it now and know what will be too much.

Im with you. I do not eat to capacity. Its just uncomfortable to feel so full. Like you I really dont get hungry I feel more 'empty' than hungry. So I just eat a couple of ounces and Im good. Then maybe in 2 - 3 hours Ill have another ounce or two. When my hubby cooks for me he always weighs the food for me but I can pretty much eye ball it now and know what will be too much.

Empty, that is what I tell everyone, it is my 'new' hunger. Something I can ignore if I need or want to. Is it the same with you? It's weird, when I have had enough to eat, my nose runs! I'm pretty good at eyeballing when we're out, I suspect I underestimate, which is fine with me. :)

Empty, that is what I tell everyone, it is my 'new' hunger. Something I can ignore if I need or want to. Is it the same with you? It's weird, when I have had enough to eat, my nose runs! I'm pretty good at eyeballing when we're out, I suspect I underestimate, which is fine with me. :)

I can absolutely ignore it when I need or want to. I dont get ravenous at all. It used to be that I would have a blood sugar drop if I hadnt eaten in a long time but since I dont really eat sugar, that resolved itself. I could go all day and not eat and not feel different. I just use the word 'hungry' around people that dont know about the surgery but in reality, I just feel empty.

Underestimating is fine with me too. Less is more now. I dont get a runny nose, I do a teeny tiny burp then a hiccup and I know Im done. Every time my hubby hears my little burb or hiccup he chimes in 'she's full' lol. I do miss the days when I could burp really loud and give my hubby a run for his money. I lose that contest every time now lol. Id rather have my size 10 pants then win a burping contest with the hubby though :)

I can absolutely ignore it when I need or want to. I dont get ravenous at all. It used to be that I would have a blood sugar drop if I hadnt eaten in a long time but since I dont really eat sugar, that resolved itself. I could go all day and not eat and not feel different. I just use the word 'hungry' around people that dont know about the surgery but in reality, I just feel empty.

Underestimating is fine with me too. Less is more now. I dont get a runny nose, I do a teeny tiny burp then a hiccup and I know Im done. Every time my hubby hears my little burb or hiccup he chimes in 'she's full' lol. I do miss the days when I could burp really loud and give my hubby a run for his money. I lose that contest every time now lol. Id rather have my size 10 pants then win a burping contest with the hubby though :)

Less is more, that is absolutely correct!! I do eat sugar some since I got to goal, and I don't know if it's a drop in blood sugar or what, but there have been three or four times in the past three years, that if I forget to eat, if I'm busy.....all of a sudden I get light headed, it's weird. I do the same thing, use the word hungry around people who don't know or ones who know, but cannot possibly understand. LoL

Not only do I get full very fast but it's a different kind of full then before. More painful

Yes, this kind of full is very uncomfortable, bordering on wanting to barf it up. You have to be very mindful of portion sizes.