Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How soon after surgery can I go bowling? I'm three weeks post op. I remember being told not to lift more than 15 pounds (I don't use a 15 ball) but don't remember for what timeframe.My incisions have healed and I don't have any pain. I've gone through all material and didn't find anything helpful. My next post op visit is in a month and a half. Obviously I can call my surgeon but wanted to see what you all think. BTW...I'm exercising for 45 minutes a day without issue.

I bowled at 4 weeks without any problems. If you are clear for activities I say go for it!!

I was wondering about that too because I am in 4 leagues and the season starts the 2nd week of August. I'll get my surgery date next week but my surgeon assured me it will be in July. So thats good, 4-5 weeks isnt bad. Hopefully I will be able to bowl the 1st week.

What I'm also looking forward to is to bowl better with less weight. My average used to be in the 190s but over the last 10 years I've slowly put on weight and last year I quit smoking and gained an awful 75 lbs. Last season was my worst season bowling and I attribute it to the extra weight. I get tired quick, I can't get the ball out on the lanes like I used to and with my wide body, its hard to get "lined up" for my shot.

I ended this past season with a 177 average which was the highest of my 4 leagues. I am really hoping that this weight loss will start me on the road to a 190+ average for this season.

I pretty suck at it, but still enjoy it. I'm happy if I break 100.

Shel in Kansas<br />Sleeved 5/21/13

I love bowling, I should get back into it, my sleeve date is the 19 of June, I didn't know there would be lift restrictions, I better read over my papers

Mine were don't lift over 15 pounds for 3 weeks...then if it hurts stop.

Shel in Kansas<br />Sleeved 5/21/13

My balls are 15 lbs each. When I see my surgeon Wednesday, I will ask him how long he wants me to wait before I can bowl. Need to know that soon so if I can't start the season, I can start finding some substitutes to bowl in my place until I'm released to bowl.

Well I'm not going to tell anyone how much my balls weigh.... Jeepers ... lol

I was wondering this too. At 5 mo I went and I've had no problem with exercise but after I had a little soreness at the main inc site. Not bad but I knew it was there. Also my inner thigh muscles hurt. Obviously bowling was working something;) doc said that soreness is norm and the incision can take a complete year to totally heal and i could continue. I had a great time and can't wait to go again!