Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

CHRISTMAS is APRIL 17th

Oh I'm going to have to come back to this thread when I have more time!

I watched a documentary about this on The History Channel last year. I already knew that the Christian calendar was inaccurate and that Jesus was actually born in 5 or 6 BC and I also knew that Biblical scholars suspected that the actual month of Jesus' birth was either April or September...but I didn't know about this new research about the Star of Bethlehem until I saw the show!

They also said that they determined Jesus' actual birth to be April 17, 6 BC!

They said that looking back at the alignment of the stars on April 17, 6 BC, that it showed that a very special King would be born in Judea. But not just any king...a DIVINE KING...the King of ALL Kings. I taped the show so I'll have to watch it again, but it was something about how Jupiter showed up as a morning star in Aries and the plants and stars all aligned to show the astronomers that a "King of Kings" would be born in Judea. Supposedly the sun, moon, Jupiter, Saturn, etc. all lined up in Aries...and...well...I have to watch the tape to remember the rest. It was some unbelievably rare type of alignment and because Judea was represented by Aries, then the Wise Men, who we already knew studied the stars, knew to go to Judea to look for this Divine King. I wish I could remember the details off-hand.

Anyway, it was so interesting! Very neat that there is a book out about it now too!

Yes, these things absolutetly amaze me. When I went to Catholic school, Christmas was represented as Jesus' birthday, but now, it seems that Catholics and other Christians have jumped on the bandwagon of "oh yes, of course! We know that! Yes, we only Celebrate Christmas because the early church fathers wanted to lure people away from the pagan festival of winter solstice." And that fact of the early church fathers were purposely trying to garner attention for their new religion disturbs no one, it seems. Nor does it disturb them that so many other things were based on pagan religious myths/symbols/festivals/Gods. If the story of Christmas could change that much since I was a kid in Catholic school in the 70's, how much did all of the stories change over thousands of years? I never once heard "oh Jesus was really born in spring" when I went to Catholic school! Never! But now, it's supposed to be common knowledge? It all leaves me scratching my head!

I never once heard "oh Jesus was really born in spring" when I went to Catholic school! Never! But now, it's supposed to be common knowledge? It all leaves me scratching my head!

Sunta, I'm older than you and I promise, even back in the Dark Ages when I was a schoolgirl, we were told that Jesus was most likely born in the spring. It would be pretty hard to convince even really old people - older than me - that shepherds were camping out with their flocks, in Israel, in December.

I thought it was August. I don't know where I read that. I don't trust the History Channel since they air a whole lot of B.S. I just watched a show on the Mayan calendar and how it had to do with "selected" events around the world. How would the Maya have known that the U.S. would materialize? Would they have cared? This whole show is b.s.