Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Teeth correction needed as a VSG vet?

Yes, they keep suggesting I wear the spacers. I will have to talk to them about it next times see them for a cleaning.

Did others take corrective action on their dental appearance as a vet and would anything help me? Am I too vain about this? I secretly want a perfect set of teeth I guess, but do realize I am getting older ( 40 in a few years) and it ma not matter so much.

Years ago a root canal and my first crown convinced me to start taking care of my teeth. That and learning that bad dental hygiene has been linked to heart issues! :o Sounds like you're on your way tho, and you can never been to vain about your teeth.

If you don't already have one, go get a WaterPik. It doesn't replace flossing, it's not meant to, but will clean out those pockets really well where the toothbrush and flossing can't reach.

Fiddle

During VSG i also started paying closer attention to my teeth also

One of my front teeth was "teeny' date=' teeny" bit shorter than the other

post goal i desided i was FINALLY worth it to get situation corrrected!!!!

of course i was "worth" it before, didn't feel it though :(

Finally spent the money on two caps!!!!

they look great :)

as many of us, i always ran from the camera :angry:

now i hog the camera :lol:

being at goal, great lookin' teeth and new smile

what more could one ask for???

one more thing Fiddle

hmmmmm - getting "older"???

40 in a few years???? :o

OMG - where does that put ME on the age monitor :o

I'll be 60 years YOUNG in January

but................since VSG i agree............

60 is the new 40!!!! ;)

hot grammy remember!!!!!

(Fiddle, you know i'm just teasing you ;) )

don't worry neither you or i will be an ol' fart any time soon!!!! :lol:

keep smilin'

kathy[/quote']

I will also be 60 on January!!

I have always taken pretty good care of my teeth. I have an autoimmune disorder in my mouth (lichen planus) that makes it challenging at times. One thing I started doing a few years ago is getting professional cleanings 3 times a year instead of two. I think it has really made a difference in my teeth and my flareups from the LP. It costs a little bit to have it done, but because my husband has changed insurance coverage due to job changes, I've rarely had to pay for that extra cleaning. I would recommend it to anyone that has neglected tooth care for a while.

Vsg and weight loss is actually causing a dental problem for me.

With all the Water were supposed to drink, I had been drinking diet green teas or waters with Mio or Crystal Light etc in them because I can't stand plain Water.

My last trip to the dentist, she pointed out to me that the enamel was wearing off of my front teeth and there is now wear and pitting on my front teeth at the gum line. The culprit is citric acid, it's in EVERYTHING you would ever put into a water. I had quite a habit with the Lipton diet green tea and that started it.

Now I have to go and get those teeth filled, and really have to watch what I drink, it is SO limiting because citric acid is in literally everything!! I have to do plain water, or sometimes I add a splash of fruit juice into it. I limit any additives like Mio etc to one every couple days.

Just a warning to others. When enamel goes, you can never get it back.

Vsg and weight loss is actually causing a dental problem for me.

With all the Water were supposed to drink' date=' I had been drinking diet green teas or waters with Mio or Crystal Light etc in them because I can't stand plain Water.< /p>

My last trip to the dentist, she pointed out to me that the enamel was wearing off of my front teeth and there is now wear and pitting on my front teeth at the gum line. The culprit is citric acid, it's in EVERYTHING you would ever put into a water. I had quite a habit with the Lipton diet green tea and that started it.

Now I have to go and get those teeth filled, and really have to watch what I drink, it is SO limiting because citric acid is in literally everything!! I have to do plain water, or sometimes I add a splash of fruit juice into it. I limit any additives like Mio etc to one every couple days.

Just a warning to others. When enamel goes, you can never get it back.[/quote']

Darn it! I love that Lipton diet green tea too!

Lynds

Well, since virtually every tooth in my head is Capped already, I guess I'm okay! LOL.

I can remember my first cap at age FOUR. sorry teeth. I could open a 2nd clinic for my dentists through the years! :(