Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I loved my band, I hope the sleeve works as well for me...

I may be the only one that feels this way, but I loved my band. I lost 155lbs with it and kept it off for 14 months. Then it was removed in an emergency situation while I was pregnant with my DD. I was depressed over the loss, starving due to being unbanded,pregnant, then pregnant again, and gained every pound back. I am just hoping the sleeve works as well for me. I am afraid of not having restriction, or feeling full. Is any one else scared the sleeve won't work as well?

Wow, you've been through it!

If anything the sleeve is effective. If you did well with the band odds are that you will do great with the sleeve.

Hopefully it will work even better. And you'll be healthier because you can eat healthy things instead of just what you can manage to get own. Good luck! :D

i feel the same way the band worked really well for me too i lost 128lbs and im back up 25lbs since having it unfilled in january and then removed a month and a half ago. and im getting my sleeve july 1st i worry that something will happen to it too

I too loved my band and never thought I would ever want it out. Iv been banded for six years and Iv kept my weight off within 15 lbs of my goal the whole time. I'm looking for a better quality of life and less long term side effects than the band can offer me though Iv absolutely had the same concerns, especially knowing the sleeve is the sleeve and can't be adjusted when I feel l need more restriction like I could with my band .

I also loved my band and was successful until two doctors told me it had to be unfilled because I have reflux which was eroding my esophagus. Now I don't have any restriction and have gained a lot of weight back. That's why I am having the band removed and replaced with a sleeve on June 26, 2013. I am very excited, but very nervous that it won't work either.

I had my band put in 2008 lost 130 by 2009 had a baby in 2010 put 100pounds back on then lost 120 in 2011 had to remove the band (emergency surgery) 2012 my body was In Starvation mode so I gained 60 in 3 months. It put me in a small depression I just put a deposit to have sleeve done in Mexico. I can't afford it again here in the states but I cannot continue living my life at this size. I'm so upset with myself every day!! I'm excited about my restriction with the sleeve and hope I adjust quickly because I was banded for so long. I am scared to stretch out my stomach though!!

I understand how you feel! I loved my band at first (lost 90 lbs) gained back 40 over the last three years. Feel like I am starving sometimes :( I feel the same way, not sure if the sleeve will give me the "fullness" feeling. I'm so confused, going back and forth between the sleeve and the rny. Don't know what choice to make. Just scared of the whole damn thing again! :(

bam1339, you and I have had the same darn weight loss and gain with the band. So frustrating.. I am too debating on which route to take now. RNY or sleeve?? So difficult!! Ugh!! Glad to know I'm not the only person out there who has had success and then sudden weight changes and horrible food digestion problems.

I know, it can be frustrating! I was leaning towards RNY, but now I am back to the sleeve again. The thought of having my insides re-routed makes me ill...however, having most of your stomach removed isn't a pleasant thought either. I just wanna be able to eat Protein and veggies without throwing up and not be starving all the time!

Had the band for five years. Worked really well for the first two years. Lost 80lbs. Going into the third year got a bad stomach virus and threw up for 3 days (after a fill, two weeks before). Had to go get all the fld removed because my stomach was so swollen I couldn't even swallow my spit. After this I never could find my sweet spot. I was either too restricted or no restriction at all. I felt like I was starving ALL the time. Gained back 35 lbs and "spit up" almost after every meal.

Had my band removed and sleeved on June 3rd. Down 13 lbs and feeling great! The best part... I'm NEVER hungry!!!! I love it! Wish I would have done it years ago.

I say sleeve and don't be scared. Check out everything, I have talked to about 20 people who have been sleeved. I know we can adjust since we did with lap band. It slipped back in nov but I was so caught up in life ( I also have a high tolerance for pain) that I didn't go to doctor until end if feb by then I couldn't even eat ice chips. Part if My stomach was black.. My life was spared. I will never do lap band again!!

Urmysunhinegal - same experience I had with my band except I had it taken out 1 1/2 years ago and I'm obese again. I'm going to surgery July 10 And I am a little scared but I CANNOT live like this I am very active and I'm struggling to breathe. This weight has changed me and I was never obese until after my children. I just can't exercise three times a day along with sports like I did to keep it off when I was single plus I have hypothyroidism :-( your post has encouraged me!!

I am glad to hear similar stories, I wish everyone luck. Even though I am scared I started my pre-op diet this morning. Wish me strength and health. Does any one know a band to sleever that has has restriction and weight loss long term after the sleeve? I would love to hear as success story :-)