Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Slow-losers/Low BMI ers.... do you ever reach goal?!?!

BMI prior to surgery was just under 36. I'm not quite 5'7", but almost. Weight, date of seminar, 228. Weight day before surgery, 205. I reached doctor's goal in 5 months, and my goal, five lbs less, a month later. Surgery was June 11, 2010. I've been maintaining for about 2.5 years. I go between 143 and 147. (Averaged 10 lbs per month after surgery, sometimes more, sometimes less, but slow and steady)

This thread is for slow losers, you seemed to lose quite quickly.

I can totally relate to you. How are you doing now?

I'm in the same boat. Out three months and have only lost 15 lbs. I track everything I eat on MFP. I just can't explain how disappointed I am.

It feels better knowing I'm not alone.

My surgery was in August 2012 and I've lost next to nothing. To date I've lost 39 lbs and haven't gone anywhere else. I'm so disgusted and a little bitter when I go on this board. I don't get why so many are doing so well and I'm not. I follow the plan. I don't want to be ultra skinny but i want to be healthy and feel good about the way i do. So disappointed.

I sooo feel your pain. I lose about 1/4 a lb per week if I lose any at all. I hate the other boards that just say "it's a plato". I would love to plato after losing 40 lbs the first month. But I lost 8 lbs the first week, mostly Water weight from the hospital, then only lost 5 more lbs in the last two months. I want to know what I'm doing wrong.

It's 2 weeks today n I'm still down just 10lbs. I'm doing everything perfect on fitness pal. I just got done walking. Idk what else 2 do

My surgery was in August 2012 and I've lost next to nothing. To date I've lost 39 lbs and haven't gone anywhere else. I'm so disgusted and a little bitter when I go on this board. I don't get why so many are doing so well and I'm not. I follow the plan. I don't want to be ultra skinny but i want to be healthy and feel good about the way i do. So disappointed.

I feel your pain. I was sleeved march 27 2013 and I'm down 50. Very frustrating. I work hard at the gym. Much much more then I ever have. I eat super clean. I don't get enough Water in but I do get a decent amount. I'm so embarrassed I haven't even seen my surgeon since 2 months out. I'm going on Monday because I know I have to. Ugh! I'm very happy with the 50 lost. I never been able to get any weight off it's just confusing why it takes longer then anyone else.

I love this thread, it's the only place I don't feel alone.

Do any of us slow losers use sleeping pills? I just read an article that say it makes you not lose weight. What you think?

Now I know I'm not alone. I'm so discouraged too. Got sleeved with my daughter October 11. 2013. She's lost 60 and I've lost 31 (I'm only 4ft tall so I'm not a low bmi. Starting weight 227)and now I'm in a stall. If I knew I was going to get there I wouldn't be so stressed,but Im so afraid of failure. I'm going to work on my Water and check my Protein intake. I hope we all lose the weight we want to lose.

Now I know I'm not alone. I'm so discouraged too. Got sleeved with my daughter October 11. 2013. She's lost 60 and I've lost 31 (I'm only 4ft tall so I'm not a low bmi. Starting weight 227)and now I'm in a stall. If I knew I was going to get there I wouldn't be so stressed,but Im so afraid of failure. I'm going to work on my Water and check my Protein intake. I hope we all lose the weight we want to lose.

You are not alone!!! I finally went to see my surgeon this week. I've been too embarrassed to go back because I only lost 52 pounds and I'm 11 months post op. I was shocked at his reaction. He was very pleased with my weight loss. I have 25 more pounds to go to reach my personal goal. I know I can do it. We all can. it made me feel better to hear words of encouragement. My start weight was 227 also. Please don't beat yourself up. You are doing great

I usually lose about a quarter lb a week and drop two lbs after my period. How much did you lose on average a week/month?

This is me to a T!

Hey guys

U doing good I had my surgery Oct 2013 and only lost 15lbs this is extremely slow I will never reach my goal weight it looks like my body is comfortable where it is sucks :((((

You are not alone. It's so frustrating isn't it? Everyone talks about platos but for a few of us we just live with the plato from the beginning.

I have to keep track of every single thing I eat and stay under 700 calories to even lose a 1/4 lb a week.

I am glad that I am not alone but still very frustrated about it I didn't do the surgery to lose only 15 lbs

I am doing the dukan diet now.I started this diet in March of 2013 I went from 220 lbs to 195 lbs in 16 week and then I got stuck and in October 2013 I had the sleeve to help with the weight loss I lost another 10 lbs before the surgery on liquid diet and since my surgery another 15 lbs only and I am stuck at 170 lbs I need to loose another 20 lbs.

Have you read the posts on here about drinking more Water and getting enough Protein? They swear by it. I'm only on my third day so don't know if it works, one woman lost 11 lbs in a week just from making sure she drank 2 Lts of Water a day and focusing on her Protein more. I've also heard that taking sleep aids slow your weight way down.

I was done in Dec 2013 and had only lost 15, then I got sick last week and lost another 4.

I agree, it makes me feel a little angry, I didn't do this major surgery just to lose a few lbs.

hello

I do read posts and I get enough Protein that's they only thing I eat is Protein and vegetables

I am having hard time with Water since surgery it makes me nauseous so I drink more café

and tea plus I do 15000 steps plus a day and do 30 min cardio and 15 min weights