Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How gross is the leak test? Does it taste like pepto? Or worse? Honestly, this is one of the things I'm nervous about now that my surgery is coming closer!

I see where most sleevers talk about taking a leak test the day after surgery...my surgeon never ordered such a test for me

To me it was super sweet, horrible I had mines the day after surgery, almost pass out during but made it out ok no leaks yay for me! you will do fine.

Hmm I never had that test.

I know sometimes they do it while your still under, but I want to be prepared just in case.

All MX drs do a leak test during surgery and another 24 hrs later. This is a precaution they firmly believe in. The taste is nasty, but it only takes a few seconds and it's over. It's a icky tasty tasting precaution I'm thankful for. :D

All MX drs do a leak test during surgery and another 24 hrs later. This is a precaution they firmly believe in. The taste is nasty' date=' but it only takes a few seconds and it's over. It's a icky tasty tasting precaution I'm thankful for. :D[/quote']

I agree. But I'd like to prepare for the taste lol

Mine was a clear bluish color and tasted really bitter. It was the texture of Water. It sounds like everyone describes something different. Interesting how they use different things!

Did it make anyone throw up? I have a phobia of throwing up lol

My surgeon does the leak test during surgery so I didn't have a leak test after. However I was worried my stomach opening was too small because I kept throwing up but then I read the medications they kept trying to give me all said do not eat on an empty stomach.

I didnt have a leak test post surgery...thankfully!

My surgeon only does the leak test during surgery. I was kind of disappointed when I found out he wouldnt be doing another one before I left the hospital. I think what you should really be worried about is when they take the drain out...now that was the absolute worst part of the whole surgery for me. I would pay money to never have to feel that again.

In Australia it is a clear sweet liquid that tastes like licorice. I had to have two leak tests. But I just put my big girl pants on and got through it. :)