Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

anyone forget to feed others?

Haha, this thread reminded me of this story that goes along with this pic:

A man came home from work and found his 5 children outside, still in their pajamas, playing in the mud, with empty food boxes and wrappers strewn around garden, The door of his wife's car was open, as was the front door to the house and no

sign of the dog, walking in the door, he found ...an even bigger mess. A lamp had been knocked over, the throw rug was against one wall, In the front room the TV was on loudly with the cartoon channel, the family room was strewn with toys and various items of clothing. In the kitchen, dishes filled the sink, Breakfast food was spilled on the counter, the fridge door was open wide, dog food was spilled on the floor, a broken glass lay under the table, and a small pile of sand was spread by the back door. He quickly headed up the stairs, stepping over toys and more piles of clothes, looking for his wife. He was worried she might be ill, or that something serious had happened. He was met with a small trickle of Water as it made its way out the bathroom door. As he peered inside he found wet towels, scummy soap and more toys strewn over the floor. Miles of toilet paper lay in a heap and toothpaste had been smeared over the mirror and walls. As he rushed to the bedroom, he found his wife still curled up in the bed in her pajamas, reading a novel... She looked up at him, smiled and asked how his day went. He looked at her bewildered and asked, 'What happened here today?' She again smiled and answered, 'You know every day when you come home from work and you ask me what in the world do I do all day?...

''Yes," was his incredulous reply..

She answered, 'Well, today I didn't do it.

post-58333-13813666251159_thumb.jpg

Come on over to bend its suppose to be gorgeous this week!

I told my family I would cook, but I would not figure out what to cook. Just tell me what you want....

Come on over to bend its suppose to be gorgeous this week!

I told my family I would cook' date=' but I would not figure out what to cook. Just tell me what you want....[/quote']

Bend is so pretty!

I forget sometimes. My cooking has become rather dull since the sleeve though but my husband never complains. He cooks as frequently as I do.

Sometimes I get grossed out watching others eat. Sometimes I just can't be around when people are eating mindlessly. I was never really aware on the focus on food in most social activities until I had the sleeve.

That said, tonight we have just sat down to a platter style antipasto dinner of breads, cheeses, salami, duck liver parfait, olives, tapenade, and stuffed peppers all with a nice bottle of wine :-)

Now no one can say that is a boring dinner! And it works for us because I can have a little bit of everything and he can polish off the rest :-D

haha.

If your looking for good recipes download ziplist on andriod. I was stuck and needed new ideas! Great thing is you save a recipe and the app will create a grocery list for you! Hallelujah!

I try to be the best husband and father I can possibly be and never take my wife for granted. That is the reason we have been together for three decades. I think the bulk of you need to "train" (for lack of a better word) your husbands to be better no matter how much you love them.

I think the strike thing works because sometimes you need to shock the person back to reality. However, I do not agree with with using sex as a weapon, but that may be the counselor/therapist in me. That can sometimes cause a backlash that neither party wants to deal with. That is just my two cents as a guy.

Sent from my iPad using VST

There is a big diff between using sex as a weapon and not wanting to have sex with someone because you don't like them very much at the time.

I've been with my husband for 20 years as of this July, married for 18 of them. Just like all married couples, we've had our ups and downs. During our ups, there is a lot of hanky panky, during our downs, not so much. I always love him, but I don't always like him and I have no doubt he feels the same way about me at times.

I am far too old to use sex as a weapon, but if I'm not feeling it, I'm not giving it away either.

Can guys come? Lol

LipstickLady, I completely understand your point. Some women do use that as a weapon and it was presumptions to make a blanket statement. However, that is how the statement read to me. All longtime couples go through an adjustment period, and how they deal with it defines them as a couple. I'm not sure if this pertains to you, bur if a spouse consistently takes the other for granted then a lack of intimacy takes place. Has he come around and done better? I hope he has/does since you two have built such a life together.

BTW- I love the Nags Head area, my wife and I have a summer home on the Water in another part of NC. That is constantly being invaded by the kids and their friends. We hope to be "allowed" to go there in August.

Sent from my iPad using VST

I have a house in Nags Head, NC if y'all fancy the beach. It sleeps 8 and seafood is high in Protein so we could go out, order dinner and all share it.

Perfect! LOL.. I could see us all sitting down and ordering one dish or all of us..