Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any Chicago sleevers

I've been home for a little over 24 hours now. I freaked out when I realized

[*]I gained 15 pounds in the hospital on the clear post op diet

[*]my feel and ankles look like those of an elephant.

Then I remembered what Tony said' date=' "As long as you sip and pee all day long, you're doing fine". Ok really, my son remembered. I called Tony at LCMH and he said this is normal because I was being pumped full of fluids and will eventually urinate out all the excess fluids and swelling.[/quote']

Congrats !!! Glad to hear you're doing well.

Sent from my ADR6330VW using VST

I've been home for a little over 24 hours now. I freaked out when I realized

[*]I gained 15 pounds in the hospital on the clear post op diet

[*]my feel and ankles look like those of an elephant.

Then I remembered what Tony said' date=' "As long as you sip and pee all day long, you're doing fine". Ok really, my son remembered. I called Tony at LCMH and he said this is normal because I was being pumped full of fluids and will eventually urinate out all the excess fluids and swelling.[/quote']

Ooooooh yes, the liquids they pump you full of will take a little to drain. I had that with my csection. I kept poking my legs asking "is this normal!!?" Don't worry it will be gone before you know it. Glad you are home!

Hey chicago sleevers im a newbie just wondering has anyone been to lifeweigh bariatrics in downers grove

Hey chicago sleevers im a newbie just wondering has anyone been to lifeweigh bariatrics in downers grove

Hi my name is Crystal. I started at life weigh unfortunately I had to switch after 5 months because my insurance did not cover me. I absolutely loved it there! I can try and answer any questions

@cmt7831...Thank you for your help im just so anxious don't know what to expect from the insurance company or when I will be sleeved I had my first consultation on aug 2 and got my blood work and ekg done and chest xray got to make a appointment with the psych and sleep study got to go back to lifeweigh on the 3 of September im so anxious

September 13th is my surgery day! Friday has always been a very lucky day for me! I was actually excited when she gave me the option. Yayyy :)

Congratz gurlie, whooo hooo!

Sent from my iPad using VST

Hey chitown! I'm a newbie. I'm going to the seminar on the 15th for info @ northwestern. I know that my insurance won't cover it for sure. Is anyone getting assistance from the hospital ir paying cash? Was curious if they actually do help people without coverage

Hey chitown! I'm a newbie. I'm going to the seminar on the 15th for info @ northwestern. I know that my insurance won't cover it for sure. Is anyone getting assistance from the hospital ir paying cash? Was curious if they actually do help people without coverage

Hi Tanyac,

Have you looked at Little Company of Mary Hospital in Evergreen Park? I don't know what the cost difference would be as compared to NorthWestern but, it is also a Bariatric Center of Excellence and since it is a Catholic Hospital it might be more willing to provide patient assistance.

I had my surgery at LCMH on August 01 and everyone was wonderful.

Good luck

Ooooooh yes, the liquids they pump you full of will take a little to drain. I had that with my csection. I kept poking my legs asking "is this normal!!?" Don't worry it will be gone before you know it. Glad you are home!

Thanks Cocopuff88. When you mentioned csection you jogged my memory. I did go through this 30 years ago with the birth of my son.

So far I've lost 10 of the 15 pounds. :D

Congrats !!! Glad to hear you're doing well.

Thank you TV-Duhhh!!!, now I have to fight the urger to baby sit. I miss hugging my grandchildren but they are all so young and will not understand why YiaYIa cannot pick them up.

Thank you TV-Duhhh!!!' date=' now I have to fight the urger to baby sit. I miss hugging my grandchildren but they are all so young and will not understand why YiaYIa cannot pick them up.[/quote']

Aww... I understand stand the wanting to pick them up.. That's going to be my challenge... I have 3 year old twins who always want me to pick them up or are jumping on me...

Today is the first day of my pre op diet... The count down has officially begun... 10 days to go...

Today is the first day of my pre op diet... The count down has officially begun... 10 days to go...

You're going to do great. Don't be alarmed if you get a little whacky for the first few days. I felt like a crazed person the first few days until my body adjusted to the diet. I was also able to lose 9 lbs on the 10 day preop diet.

So excited for you! That's great! And I will look into that evergreen hospital thank you! I've been getting some negative feedback from a couple friends today so I'm kinda down. I made the decision and I'm going to do this but it's so hard to hear "just really work out and eat right" and you're just gonna gain it back. I think I'm just not goingt to tell anyone anything from now on. Thank yiu for letting me vent!